WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 172 . Slinky Dog Dash Complete POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterLover » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:47 am

Slinky Dog looks like a lot of fun! Lots of little details too (like the sound of Slinky's spring expanding and collapsing and how on the second launch, the train stops and does a bit of a pull back as if Slinky is being pulled to create the launch...). Looks like a nice addition! Excited to see what was done in the revised queue for TSM.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 am

Nice little coaster for adults. Adults who enjoyed the original Toy Story movie will LOVE it, as in the video. The video doesn't show any scared little kids crying. Teenagers would be bored. A lot of kids will being crying on that coaster. Way to intense for little 'Disney' kids! Also, way too intense for Grandma and Grandpa to ride with the scared grandkids, IMO.

:mickey:

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:Nice little coaster for adults. Adults who enjoyed the original Toy Story movie will LOVE it, as in the video. The video doesn't show any scared little kids crying. Teenagers would be bored. A lot of kids will being crying on that coaster. Way to intense for little 'Disney' kids! Also, way too intense for Grandma and Grandpa to ride with the scared grandkids, IMO.

Are you kidding?
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Jman0477 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:44 am

Did they say how many trains it will run? IM sure they will have at least 3 or four for the amount of riders this attraction will have

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:58 am

^It runs 4 18 seat trains continuously, and it's impressive! There are Two block brakes at the end of the ride. So 1 train loading (no seatbelts), 1 unloading, and 2 that are either out on the course or finishing the ride/waiting on the brake run. I thought it was really cool that even if a train is "stacked" (loose term because it's intended and there is great theming on the brake run), the train out on the course can safely go through with the second launch.

Despite the above average capacity, it's almost assured it will still have 2+ hour standby queues daily. Lol.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:03 am

It also appears that lap bars do not need to be down for empty seats. That's sort of cool, and it probably speeds up operations by a tiny bit.
Untitled.png
From the TPR Video

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Here's a complete un-edited POV:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:09 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the LOVE that was obviously put into this ride! The Slinky Dog goes waaaaay back and should appeal to all generations. Visually, this new ride has lots of charm....and its "slinky" movement along the tracks made me laugh. (Now, if they would only make a Shih Tzu theme ride. SORRY, my Shih Tzu made me say that! :lmao: ;) )

Alice

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:16 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:Nice little coaster for adults. Adults who enjoyed the original Toy Story movie will LOVE it, as in the video. The video doesn't show any scared little kids crying. Teenagers would be bored. A lot of kids will being crying on that coaster. Way to intense for little 'Disney' kids! Also, way too intense for Grandma and Grandpa to ride with the scared grandkids, IMO.

Well, we know where this was posted from:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 pm

It's pretty cool how they have the launch programmed (at least how it looks to me) to be fairly gentle initially then pick up speed at the end of the run. Really looks like a fun family coaster, I'm sure this thing will draw massive crowds like 7 Dwarves did and I'd love to see a similar type of ride experience eventually in Animal Kingdom and EPCOT, the Inside Out Emotion Coaster haha.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!