WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 165 - Flurry of Fun Christmas Event Media Night!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:38 pm

I just got back from my Disney trip and besides all the talk about Avatar in Animal Kingdom, it seemed like DHS (New name, Toy Story Land, Star Wars Galaxy's Edge) was the talk of the resort. With that said, I heard some interesting discussion about the name change and was wondering if anyone has heard anymore rumors regarding a new name since the survey ones sent out 2-3 months ago?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby prospekt88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am

^Those surveys were the last I heard. Hopefully they are trying out some different options now.

Was just wondering with all the new touches they have been putting on Star Tours...has there been any indication as to what the plan for that ride is when Galaxy's Edge opens?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

prospekt88 wrote:^Those surveys were the last I heard. Hopefully they are trying out some different options now.

Was just wondering with all the new touches they have been putting on Star Tours...has there been any indication as to what the plan for that ride is when Galaxy's Edge opens?

Hang around for 2-ish years after the land opens then change the theme. But last week one of the insiders dropped that a last minute proposal to connect the exit of Star Tours to SWGE was being considered. Basically a really long exit ramp that would dump you into an area by the entrance to Alcatraz. But like they state, chances are very slim so don't expect it to happen. If you want to see the full resolution image, you'll need to have an account over there.
Source: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-mission-coming-to-star-tours-the-adventure-continues.922309/page-8#post-7966941

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 pm

^ I read that too, about the "backstage exit tunnel" that took you to SWL through your own entrance way.
And then you would exit the land by way of the other placed entry/exit points.

I think it would be great if they did that! Would certainly make more sense about the whole
"separation thing" with Star Tours and SWL. They could even make a whole section be the "planet/border
control" along the way to SWL.

:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 am

Post Deleted. Please check your Private Messages.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:08 am.
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!