TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Just was at Disney for 4 short days and went to Hollywood Studios just one of those days. I haven't been since 2008 but I do feel the park will be MUCH better in just about 2 years.

Also ran into Raven at Muppets 3D, she was very sweet!

23172474_10213607678399439_4728743101768690367_n.jpg.9f512b9aaca4efa87acbe1a50f3a06c7.jpg

Also tried out the new place Baseline! Good drinks and very cute place to just relax!

What? No sprinkles to be seen??? Not even on your beer flight???????

What a fun surprise for you all, running into Ms.Symone!

She looks great! I haven't seen her on tv for some time, now.

(I like her hat, too.)

A nice tour of your Baseline visit, too!

toy-story-land-airNov2017a.jpg.802253b82978e97b135176cde76f6998.jpg

Recent overhead photo(s) of TSL posted by blogmickey.com ~ thanks!

Also tried out the new place Baseline! Good drinks and very cute place to just relax!

What? No sprinkles to be seen??? Not even on your beer flight???????

What a fun surprise for you all, running into Ms.Symone!

She looks great! I haven't seen her on tv for some time, now.

(I like her hat, too.)

A nice tour of your Baseline visit, too!

Nope sprinkles later at Boardwalk

Glad to see Hollywood Studios seems to me like it has the least to offer of the four parks

I'm not sure I understand why you're happy to see that Studios has the least to offer but give the park time as I'm sure that will be changing soon. This was one of those "needs to get worse before it gets better" scenarios and in two years this park should do a complete 180!

Yeah, one of those things where I started to write something, then changed my mind, and didn't erase all the words.

Anyway, yeah, really looks like they're working on things. We're still in the preliminary planning stages, so hopefully by the time we're there (likely spring '20), it'll be up to standards. I have very high expectations of WDW after the awesomeness that was Disneyland, and I don't think those expectations are misplaced.

I just got back from my Disney trip and besides all the talk about Avatar in Animal Kingdom, it seemed like DHS (New name, Toy Story Land, Star Wars Galaxy's Edge) was the talk of the resort. With that said, I heard some interesting discussion about the name change and was wondering if anyone has heard anymore rumors regarding a new name since the survey ones sent out 2-3 months ago?

^Those surveys were the last I heard. Hopefully they are trying out some different options now.

Was just wondering with all the new touches they have been putting on Star Tours...has there been any indication as to what the plan for that ride is when Galaxy's Edge opens?

^Those surveys were the last I heard. Hopefully they are trying out some different options now.

Was just wondering with all the new touches they have been putting on Star Tours...has there been any indication as to what the plan for that ride is when Galaxy's Edge opens?

Hang around for 2-ish years after the land opens then change the theme. But last week one of the insiders dropped that a last minute proposal to connect the exit of Star Tours to SWGE was being considered. Basically a really long exit ramp that would dump you into an area by the entrance to Alcatraz. But like they state, chances are very slim so don't expect it to happen. If you want to see the full resolution image, you'll need to have an account over there.

Source: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-mission-coming-to-star-tours-the-adventure-continues.922309/page-8#post-7966941

^ I read that too, about the "backstage exit tunnel" that took you to SWL through your own entrance way.

And then you would exit the land by way of the other placed entry/exit points.

I think it would be great if they did that! Would certainly make more sense about the whole

"separation thing" with Star Tours and SWL. They could even make a whole section be the "planet/border

control" along the way to SWL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disney has sent us a press release announcing the arrival of a new set of background audio loops that set a new tone for several of the park's unique areas. This is an exciting change for the future of the park and one that frequent guests of the park may recognize as they walk around!

Every great Hollywood story has a soundtrack that sets the tone and supports the narrative, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios is no exception. Debuting Jan. 11, updated arrangements around the park will put a bounce in your step, and you’ll feel as if you’ve walked right into your own adventure.

At the park’s Main Entrance, big band arrangements of familiar Disney tunes get your day started off right. As you enter the park, the music transitions to popular songs from the 30s and 40s, also in the big band style that comes to a crescendo as you approach the Chinese Theater. Throughout the park, the music complements each area’s setting and timeframe perfectly. From brassy horns near Echo Lake and jazz at the BaseLine Tap House, to the sounds of live performances outside Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, it’s music to your ears!

Of course, music is just one part of your experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There’s also the park’s unprecedented growth that features even more of what today’s Hollywood has to offer, whether it be in movies, music, television or theater. In 2018, we’re rolling out the red carpet for Guests to experience the first part of the park’s blockbuster expansion with Toy Story Land where Guests will step right into Andy’s backyard and play alongside his toys. And in 2019, another of our Guests’ favorite worlds will come to life when Guests will play a starring role in their own story at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019.

With new experiences, music and more, the Disney’s Hollywood Studios of the future is a place where imagined worlds become real adventures to explore together. Here’s to Hollywood!

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 3 weeks later...

Heard this name suggestion, on another Disney site....

Disney's MOVIE Kingdom

They remarked that this is also in keeping

with the 'Animal', and 'Magic' Kingdoms in the Resort.

And after all of Disney's recent acquisitions of other mega-studio companies/brands.......well, why not?

The name works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Just moments ago, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Bob Chapek shared an update on the progress of the highly anticipated land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and shared a sneak peek at the unique Toydarian merchandise guests will find exclusively in the land.

At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests will visit the planet of Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge that was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes. Here, guests will find themselves in the middle of the action at two attractions that take detail and immersion to the next level: one that lets guests take the controls of Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.

Guests will also be able to explore a street market run by a Toydarian, a character first introduced in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Among his wares will be handcrafted toys made by local artisans, like those seen above.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resorts in 2019.

toy234087-624x352.jpg.ea4004b5aef2ebafab6ea6ce8f7bca69.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway/

Our first Mickey-themed ride-through attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is opening in 2019 – and we have new, exciting details to share!

During D23 Expo Japan, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, announced the opening year and showed how we’re pulling out all of the stops to make Mickey’s first attraction an unbelievable experience for everyone. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will feature a new catchy theme song created especially for the attraction as well as a new experience that defies logic that we’re calling 2 ½-D. No glasses required.

On the attraction, the fun begins when you see the premiere of a new cartoon short with Mickey and Minnie getting ready for a picnic. As they head out, they drive alongside a train and find out that the engineer is Goofy. Then, one magical moment lets you step into the movie and on Goofy’s train for a wacky, wild ride.

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse Cartoon Short where you’re the star and anything can happen. And for the first time, we shared a preview of what the cars will look like when you board the attraction for a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

The teams helping create the attraction are currently working with partners at Disney Television Animation—the people who create the popular and award-winning Mickey Shorts – to keep the characters and story authentic and to make sure you’re able to step through the movie screen and join Mickey and his friends like never before.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

645429493_Image_WDW_MickeyMinniesRunawayRailway.thumb.jpg.6ffd08223cc30da995eccb149ccb8ae2.jpg