TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas/Schlitterbahn..Your 2 cents

Hey guys, Wanted to get your takes on both these parks. It looks like i'll be making a midsummer trip to Austin/San Antonio as my WDW plans fell through. In particular, where would you guys (robb and elissa) suggest for lodging down there?

Chris "Dizney Broke My Bank" Zer0

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday of Memorial Day weekend we found one of the hotels at the same exit as SFFT for like $60, not too bad. I don't remember which one it was, but I'll tell you how I normally book hotels:

Go to Travelocity and look at what hotels are right near the place you're going (use the view locations on a map). See one that you like, then go to that hotels actual website where 99% of the time you'll find a cheaper rate!

As for Schlitterbahn, there's nothing really AT the park that's cheap as it's more like a resort area. About 15-20 minutes away right at the Interstate Exit there are a bunch of hotels. On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend we got one of the scarier ones for again about $60, the others were all over $100 so I was willing to try it. It was a "Best Value Inn" We actually had no problems and it was a huge room!

Hope this helps...let me know if I can help anymore.

Elissa "Sometimes I also use Priceline" Alvey

I personally like SFOT a LOT and have somehow wound up there 7 out of the last 10 years!

As far as the coasters go, IMO there is nothing really THAT special about them, other than Shock Wave and Freeze, but it's a GOOD selection and the park is just a nice place to visit.

Here's my take on the coasters:

Freeze - My favorite coaster in the park, GREAT ride!

Shock Wave - ALSO my favorite coaster in the park! GREAT ride!!!

Batman - It's a Batman, which means it's also a GREAT ride.

TX Giant - I used to really, REALLY like this ride a lot, but it's dropped for me over the years. I think the only seat I can ride it in anymore is the very front.

Judge Roy Scream - Fun little woodie. I actually like it better than the Giant now.

Runaway Mountain - One of the better "in the dark" coasters. I won't wait in line for it, though.

Mine trains - Both of them fairly 'average'

Titan - Meh...it's like Goliath with more helix and brakes. Not a bad coaster, but nothing that great either.

La Vibrator - I've always liked the Intamin bobsleds, so this is fun, I also won't wait in a line for it, though.

Flashback - It's a Boomerang...and one of the rougher ones. =(

I like the fact that they have Parachutes there, Superman, a dark ride, and a tower that is actually OPEN!

It's certainly a MUCH better selection than SFMM, IMO. And they have Qbot there, which is awesome! So yeah, I really like SFOT, and quite honestly I like the other two TX Six Flags parks too....yes, even Astroworld!

--Robb

I pretty much agree with what Robb said. There are really no amazing rides, or perfect parks in all of Texas, yet everytime we go we have a great hassle free time! I really like the state as a whole. People are friendly, driving is easy, food is great.

Elissa "we've seriously considered moving to Texas!" Alvey

Very cool..I do agree on some of the SFOT comments, esp about the "bobsled" and flashback. IMHO, they should be yanked out. Im not a really big fan of Astroworld, feels like its in the middle of a parking lot to me. When ya guys roll through here, give me a holla, id love to hang out.

Chris "We'd enjoy you as neighbors in Texas" Zer0