TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IOA Advice

One other thing: I know you want to ride the rides, but don't be so involved in running from one queue to the next that you miss the little things. With the possible exception of parts of DAK, IOA is hands-down the best immersively themed park I've been to. From the signage at Port of Entry to the talking fountain, the details are part of what make the park so amazing. (Sometimes, as in the notorious mile-long DD queue, the theming is almost TOO much.) So take some time to look around. I always try to be in the back of the park at closing time so I can slowly make my way through the near-deserted islands on my way out.

Oh, and yet one more thing: Don't wear a poncho on DDR: on the final drop, it'll blow up over your head and make you feel like a total wanker. I learned the hard way.

Edited by shepp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a ludicrously over detailed guide, check the bit I posted under the thread "Orlando Newbie."

Actually, if anyone wants to spot check that for me, I'd appreciate the input. I would follow what it said in my second edit point about doubling back towards Seuss Landing after Marvel Superhero Island - anything that can cut down those lines at Dragons is going to be helpful.

I nkow you've had a million replieds already, but I live here in Orlando (like some of thos that replied). I have been there many, many, many times and I personally found this to be the plan of attack:

First, go straight to The Hulk (as others have said). If you hurry, you should be able to ride it at least 2x before the line is long. Also, I highly, highly recommend riding front row the first time you ride it. Then back row.

Additonally, Spider-Man is not a coaster, but one the best rides I have ever been on. It is unexplainable.

If you really want to go straight to Dueling Dragons, keep in mind - it is on the opposite side of the park. The queue line for it is one of the coolest I have ever seen. I recommend riding both fire and ice. They are entirely different rides. Front row makes a huge difference on these, mostly because of the "appraoch scenes" to the other coaster (and the walls).

I also recommend checking out:

-Jurrasic Park Rive Ride

-Dr. Doom's FearFall (upward launch "drop tower")

...and if you have time, check out the show over at The Lost Continent (used to be called Posieden's Fury or something like that). Also, the water rides on toon Lagoon are fun......and I know you said you don;t have any interest in Cat in The Hat - but if you have time, it's worth 1 ride just for the theming. As with nay park, don't go to lunch at "lunch time", that's when all the lines are potentially shorter.

-Hope I didn't repeat too much of what you already read. Have fun!

I will be riding both dragons for sure, they are the number one most wanted to ride coasters on my list. I know what Spiderman is I saw a behind the scenes show of Ioa where they turn on the lights for Spiderman, it looks, dare I say it ... Amazing . We will try to ride all the rides there but we are making sure to ride the ones I have listed in previous posts. Yesterday I watched an onride video of The Incredible Hulk and it made me want to ride it even more. The launch doesn't sound all that impressive but once I saw the thrust that it has it changed my mind instantly. Also, I thought it was awesome how they have Dr. Bruce Banner talking before the launch "It has to work this time, No No NO!"

• 2 weeks later...

My trip is nearly here, I leave to go to Louisville, KY tomorow (Sunday April 03) and then I will be staying at my Dad's girlfriend's house for the night. We will then go to the Louisville airport Monday and leave on a flight to Chicago and then leave Chicago to Orlando. Tuesday I will be at Ioa and Wednesday I will be at Kennedy Space Center to watch a rocket being launched. I am coming back to Louisville on Thursday and will be spending the night at my Dad's Girlfriend's house again. I will most likely be back at my house on Friday and I will try to write up a trip report to share with you all.

Eric "Wish me luck for no rain on Tuesday" Gallagher

These are my tips:

1. Eat at Tchoup Chop in the Royal Pacific Hotel. The food there is the best!

2. If you have time for a really long wait, ride Dueling Dragons in the front for a whole new experience.

3. Spiderman, Hulk, and Dueling Dragons get the longest waits.

4. If it's not that hot, I highly recommend to not go on Dudley Do-right's Ripsaw Falls or Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat barges. If you do, be prepared to get DRENCHED.

I am back home, I got to ride all the rides except One Fish Two Fish and the Toon Lagoon rides. Hulk was excellent and I absolutely loved Dr Doom. Dueling Dragons was everything I hoped for and Posiden's fury have amazing effects. I will write a detailed report soon but for now I am going to get some much needed rest.