TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Theme Park Could Be In Nashville's Future

Metro Council members are looking into the possibility of new rides and attractions in Music City, including a new theme park.

Metro Councilman Charlie Tygard commissioned a study to see if Nashville could support another theme park.

"People miss Opryland. It had a huge economic impact on our quality of life and financially, it's time to address that issue. So I plan to redraft the resolution and get down to the next step in what can we do as a city to attract a theme park back to Nashville," Tygard said.

The study concluded Nashville is the largest market without a theme park, and if one opened here again, it could bring a million people and millions of dollars to Music City.

The study also found Nashville remains a tourism destination.

"The report found the Country Music Hall of Fame is one of the tourist attractions that brings people here, and the country music industry is one reason why the tourism business has remained so strong for so long," Tygard said.

Nashville Shores, the Opryland area, and the new Bell's Bend park location are all attractive to potential theme park developers according to Tygard.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/9896.asp

Nothing really concrete at all, but it's a nice thought even if Nashville is 2 hours away. It still wont be Opryland though

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This park has been in consideration ever since the tragic closing of Opryland. They were originally planning to call it Thrillopolis (worst name ever). I doubt it will be built any time soon, but if it is, it has already been planned to include mostly giant huss rides. I would be overjoyed to get a theme park so close to me (only a 25 minute drive!)