Photo TR: Kings Island Haunt, 2018

One of the best!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Kings Island Haunt, 2018

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 am

Looks like fun. Kings Dominion does a pretty good job with their Haunt, too (hoping to check it out this weekend).

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:05 am

Great report! I love Kings Dominion & Dorneys Haunts, this one looks pretty good too. I'll make it out to KI eventually. I was thinking next year but 2020 seems to be the move.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Nice report! I appreciate the Pokémon egg from Firehawk; currently walking that one. It'd better be a Kangaskhan. :lol:

I made sure to send that Firehawk gift to you when I got it, I'm glad you got an egg. Hoping for Kangaskhan for you but it'll be funny if it's something dumb. :lol:
DILinator wrote:Great TR, RAWKIN! It was fun meeting up with you and your boyfriend again, and spending some more quality time at KI! Three straight years now, and I look forward to making it four next year! Sorry we couldn't do any Scare Mazes together this year, but hopefully by next year, the kids will be ready to venture in some!

BTW, I found your picture of "me" after my Keto diet VERY amusing! :lmao: Hopefully, it doesn't go that far! :lol:

Yes, we've started a little tradition. Hopefully we can continue it next year as well! And I'm glad you got a kick out of the Keto DILinator picture. Was hoping you would. :lol:

cparkes92 wrote:Looks like a fun time! How were the ride lines?

DILinator should be able to speak more for this, because he rode all the rides and I didn't. Nothing I rode was more than 20-30 minutes and the smaller coasters were walk-ons. The app said Timbers and Diamondback got 45+ but I never went and confirmed.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:13 am

This is a great report! Thanks for sharing!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:Looks like a fun time! How were the ride lines?

DILinator should be able to speak more for this, because he rode all the rides and I didn't. Nothing I rode was more than 20-30 minutes and the smaller coasters were walk-ons. The app said Timbers and Diamondback got 45+ but I never went and confirmed.

We were able to ride Diamondback 3 times, Mystic Timbers 2 times, and then Banshee, The Beast, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, The Bat, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Adventure Express all once! Longest wait was Firehawk (shocker), two separate times (it went down the first time we went there), at around 30 minutes. Never personally waited longer than 15 minutes for Diamondback, both early on, and later once night fell. So if it drew those times the app said, I didn't experience that. I had the shortest wait I'd ever had for Mystic Timbers right after it opened for the night (it was delayed opening for some reason) at around 10 minutes, if that. Second wait at night was maybe 20 minutes. Banshee was around 15 minutes, FoF about 20 or so minutes, and The Beast, last ride of the night, was almost a walk on, shockingly! Maybe waited 5 minutes on that. The Bat was around 5-10 minutes, and BSC and Adventure Express were walk-ons.

So, as you have probably deduced from that write-up, lines were very minimal for coasters all night, and it was probably the shortest waits, and the most coasters I've ridden, in four years of doing KI Haunt now! Definitely my favorite trip there, though being with my kids was probably the biggest reason for that! ;) I understand that KI Haunt lines, as they do at most parks, get longer the closer to Halloween you get, so understand that if you're trying to accurately gauge lines. This was the second earliest I've gone in the season, I believe, and the lowest lines, so take that for what you will. Obviously, personal experience may vary.

I simply love going to KI for Haunt, and can't recommend checking it out enough! Just consider possibly going on a Saturday, if you want to ride a lot of coasters, and do a lot of Haunts, because with the lines that the Haunts were drawing, even the other night, this early in the season, you're not going to get to do a lot of both on a Friday night! And of course, on a Saturday, lines will likely be longer for both anyway. I just know in the three years prior I've gone, I only ever went in 2-3 Haunts, and rode half as many coasters as I did this most recent visit, where I went into no Haunts. Hopefully this information was helpful!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:40 am

Great trip report! I wish I had read it on Saturday before pulling the trigger on the Haunt passes for my son and myself, as I wouldn't have skipped the wax museum one. Had I known that they were doing the flashlight thing and it was in the old Tomb Raider building, I'd have made sure that we got that in on Saturday.

(Also seconding thanks for the Pokemon egg from the Beast!)
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Gatekeeper.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!