Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

The RMC & More Tour! SFOG-SFA up! SFA Story Time!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

Postby Dombot » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:10 am

Loving the report so far! Carowinds is a huge bucket list park for me, I've been to Charlotte so many times and I've never been to the park once. Go Hornets baby. :lol:

Also, HOLY SH*T COOKOUT IS AMAZING. I wish we had some down here in the Sunshine State, but what can you do. Big Double Cheddar style, large fries, and a Cheerwine float or GTFO. :p
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:13 am

great update, Zach.

love seeing all the pics, especially of the stuff like the BBQ place, and Cookout walkup window (which I heard about, but I think I did laundry at this stop, instead of eating again) :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Great TR so far.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Great report so far! Much as they try, Atlanta and Charlotte just can't escape the South. :lol:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Love seeing your reports! Glad you guys had a great time, everything looks awesome
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks everyone! I promise the following updates have more pictures, haha.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Great report! There are never enough shots of Fury.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:The bus is fantastic and makes even a 5 hour drive go by quick - plenty to see out the clean windows, endless AC, and outlets to keep everyone happy.

How great is our bus? And how great is our bus driver? =)

PKI Jizzman wrote:We have Andy:
Super powers: expert weather predictor, mother nature whisperer, Ghostbuster of storms.

You forgot to mention "funnel cloud myth debunker" but the rest of that is 100% correct and verifiable.

Sure, we may have had a couple "lightning within a 10 mile radius" delays, but hey...

PKI Jizzman wrote:Fury for an hour was so much fun. It's one of the easiest coasters to ride over and over again. This made it a favorite for a lot of people on the tour! I really like Fury because I can hang over the side, lean left and right, pretty much just take advantage of the freedom those B&M clamshells give you.

You're the pioneer of the "throw yourself off the side of the train, look straight down, and watch the structure of the lift hill disappear beneath you" technique. But that's too long a name so we'll just call it the Zach.

PKI Jizzman wrote:Big shout out to the crew.

I know someone who had an even bigger shout out to the crew!

PKI Jizzman wrote:...some of us weren't ready for bed yet so we took over the late night window at Cook Out once we got to the hotel.

Late-night post-coastering euphoria, thy name is Cook Out. Great spot for after-hours hush puppies, shakes, and parking lot makeouts.

(that last part wasn't any of us, I promise)
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 am

The Great Zo wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:Fury for an hour was so much fun. It's one of the easiest coasters to ride over and over again. This made it a favorite for a lot of people on the tour! I really like Fury because I can hang over the side, lean left and right, pretty much just take advantage of the freedom those B&M clamshells give you.

You're the pioneer of the "throw yourself off the side of the train, look straight down, and watch the structure of the lift hill disappear beneath you" technique. But that's too long a name so we'll just call it the Zach.

I like to think of it as simply being in my element, haha ...combined with the realization of being able to re-ride this incredible coaster with a train full of people just as happy as you are on a perfect summer night :| :lol:

Dombot wrote:and a Cheerwine float or GTFO. :p

th.JPG
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:44 am

Non-stop re-riding on Fury is pure bliss. Totally agree, it is SO re-ridable. It just gets more and more fun (is euphoric too strong a word??) the more familiar you get with it.
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!