Photo TR: Cedar Point 7/31/18 - 8/1/2018

First time in 15 years.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR: Cedar Point 7/31/18 - 8/1/2018

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm

The line for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at SV during early entry.

I do not understand how the park thinks this is even remotely acceptable.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Great report! Looks like you had a fantastic time!! Completely agree with you on your thoughts on all of the rides. Especially how pretty Valravn is. I don't care what the ride is like, I could sit under it for hours. However, I am disappointed you skipped Wicked Twister... Probably one of my all time favorites for some odd reason. :lol:

^Yeah, I took note of that too, doesn't seem to be very good to say the least. Fortunately there has been rumor of alternatives in the works on Twisted Timbers recently.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby smile73775smile » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:04 pm

My friend is at CP these days. He said MF was open yesterday and a few hours the day before yesterday. Today is closed.
I think this season MF is facing some technical problems and challenges. Also the op crew number is more less than last year.

For the reride-able coasters, doing a circle which is MF(if it is open)-(transfer by the Lake Erie train ) SV- Mav then loop back is also a suggestion.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Mossed » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Very nice photos and great TR as well. Glad to be semi-quoted in here with my thoughts about Millennium Force being down not ruining the trip.

Our opinions align when it comes to Steel Vengeance. I knew after only one ride that it was the best coaster I've ever been on, and every ride that followed (all 7) reaffirmed that belief.

LiftThrill wrote:It's really interesting that the hill before the midcourse is the strongest on SV, because it's basically a larger, more modern-RMC version of NTaG layout-wise and the hill before the midcourse on NTaG has the strongest air on that coaster as well.

When I rode in the front, this was probably my favorite moment on the ride. I thought the airtime in the first half was stronger up there (excluding the first drop). Overall, back is the way to go, as the first half is brilliant either way, and the second half is insane.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!