Tokyo Panic Cruise at Tokyo Dome City is Closing.

Last operating day is September 2nd.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Tokyo Panic Cruise at Tokyo Dome City is Closing.

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Someone mentioned this on Twitter and after checking the park's website it turns out to be true:
https://at-raku.com/attractions/geopolis/panic-cruise/
A rough translation:
★ We will close the business on September 2, 2018 (Sunday).
Is this the future Tokyo?
Experience the 3D city "Mileight Kio"
Let's go for a night cruise around 'Mileight Kyo' by boarding an 8-seater machine! Powerful 3D images and wind, water, smoke are waiting for you! Towards the climax, the movement will be getting more and more fun, enjoy the night cruise to hold a sweat!

Period: Friday, August 31, 2018 - September 2 (Sun)
Those who got on "Tokyo Panic Cruises" during the period, 500 gifts each day, original strap of Karla, or 1 pin badge gifts!

I'm going to miss this ride. Didn't understand much of what was happening, but it was fun ride. It was kind of at a hidden location in the basement of the main building in the park so I find it hard what they could put in its place. :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Tokyo Panic Cruise at Tokyo Dome City is Closing.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 pm

I can hope they get a replacement attraction using the same ride system. The ride was really fun, but it seemed to be in a pretty weird place compared to most of Tokyo Dome's other rides.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm

For those of you wondering:

I didn't ride it this time, although we were over by the ride but waited outside while others rode this trip. It was a fun, quirky ride, but having been on it twice before, I kind of felt I didn't need to ride it again. What's funny is I didn't even take a picture of the ride this time around! lol While others rode, I went and peeked my head inside the theater that was installed near the dark rides where Geo Panic and the play area used to be. It's interesting how they re-purposed this space:
IMG_1967.JPG

Since this area used to look like this:

I guess you can say LaQua most certainly has gone through a lot of changes over the years...
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 pm.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:53 am

I'm very interested to see what they do with this space... I experience what Robb pictured above with Geopanic here. It is neat to see that in the 12 years since my visit, this venue has changed and continues to change so drastically.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 am

Sigh! I still miss Zombie Paradise.

Tokyo Panic Cruise was a fun, if bizarre, use of the "Spider-man" ride system. So, you're on an adventure with a "cat-woman" who uses a magical umbrella? Why not?

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!