TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The “Heinz 57” of perfection?

If you could add a little something from one designer and company to another of a different what would your “dream”combo be?

For me......

restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M, design by Stengel, creative input and attitude by Toomer, track by B&M, layout by Intamin, launch by S&S (for speed and smoothness) with help from Premier for reliability and themeing by Disney or Universal.

I’m sure I’ll change this 100 times especially after reading yours.......Go

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M

I'll just piggyback on this... and add my 2 cents. The special thing about those Schwarzkopf trains are not only the restraints (which are comfy, not tight yet still keep you in) but more importantly, those seats. They are near-flat (slight depression in the middle) and not grippy. This enables you to slide around laterally on curves, sort of like a classic wood coaster. All while still having an individual lap bar, and no seat divider. It is steel coaster perfection to me, all designed around... what, 1975?

This looks fun!

By B&M: Pretty Wheels (most important), seats, vibrant colors that somehow work

By Intamin: Lap bar restraint, track (from TTD, Millennium, GForce, etc), and hydraulic launch

By Mack: Track

By Arrow: Sllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww lift

By Alan Schilke: Design

restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M

I'll just piggyback on this... and add my 2 cents. The special thing about those Schwarzkopf trains are not only the restraints (which are comfy, not tight yet still keep you in) but more importantly, those seats. They are near-flat (slight depression in the middle) and not grippy. This enables you to slide around laterally on curves, sort of like a classic wood coaster. All while still having an individual lap bar, and no seat divider. It is steel coaster perfection to me, all designed around... what, 1975?

I ride Shockwave at SFOT almost every time I'm there, which is 3-4 times a month, and I HATE those seats and restraints. The seats are hard and the metal restraint always leaves a few small bruises on my upper thighs. I do like how you're not stapled in, but a little padding on the part that goes across the top of your legs would make a huge difference to me when you get thrown up into it.

S&S: Do-dodonpa launch

Intamin: Extreme ejector and Maverick-style laterals

B&M: Clam shell restraints and roar sound that Great Bear makes

RMC: Smoothness (especially on their newer rides like TT and SV from what I hear), Alan Shilke

Vekoma: Inversions (I hear Lech Coaster has fantastic intense inversions)

DISCLAIMER: I have never been on an RMC, S&S, or new-style Vekoma,so my choices are based on what I've heard from others.