TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm

rcjp wrote:^That looks like a really interesting coaster, just a shame it has OTSRs instead of lapbars.
How is it in terms of comfort? It looks like it may have a few jerky moments but not too bad, overall.
Also, great video :)

For the most part, it's a "good" ride. Like Elissa says there are a couple of good jolts. It's much more tolerable in the front. It's actually one of the few Togo coasters I actually do like mainly because it is so "interesting." I'm sure it has the OTSR's because Japan is so insanely safety conscious and they probably think that riders are more secure that way. But yeah, you almost have to ride it once and get beat up to know where to brace yourself during your second ride. Once you know, it's actually not too bad.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 pm

I remember seeing some older POVs and thinking that it did indeed look fairly unique and while some rides are better than others on this aspect, there are many coasters which, after one initial ride to “detect” each critical point, can be enjoyed much better. I’ve never been on a Togo but I’d certainly like to try one just for the experience, some day.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 am

On my laptop screen this video was 8.25 inches tall. When I watched it in the famiy room it was 32 inches tall. So I guess this video is really only as tall as the screen you are viewing it on. Now I didn't account for my laptop screen being a 16:10 aspect ratio and the video was shot in 16:9 thereby reducing the actual picture by roughly 1 inch vertical. So really it was in fact only 7.25 inches tall on my laptop. But my televieion monitor is 16:9, so I did get the full 32 on that screen. Am I right?

Oh! Whatever happened to Wet Bandit? Was that just a one Summer kinda thing, or did they remove it because they know Dan was with you on this trip?

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:10 pm

SharkTums wrote:
rcjp wrote:^That looks like a really interesting coaster, just a shame it has OTSRs instead of lapbars.
How is it in terms of comfort? It looks like it may have a few jerky moments but not too bad, overall.
Also, great video :)

I got a bruise on it that lasted about 3 weeks! It's not terrible, but you really have to brace and be ready for certain spots and unfortunately I was watching out for KT more than myself.

I’m just really happy that Fujiyama has lap bars

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 am

Great video!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:29 pm

And here's the video of Do-Dodonpa, still the World's Fastest Roller Coaster Acceleration! I personally preferred the loop over the airtime hill. The airtime hill was just painful, and not in the good sort of "RMC" way, just in a painful way. The loop was really good and I have always loved vertical loops on roller coasters! (My favorite kind of inversion)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:36 pm

"Loudest - brakes - ever." :lol:

Awesome video, Robb. I'm still not too sure if I would (or could) ride it again.

Still. Whatta rush! And nice to hear they still kept that ongoing - continual - "Dom-Dom-Dom"
in the queue and in the launch tunnel. A very vibrating bass earworm, lol.

Great video of it all! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:03 pm

I'll take "Rides that give me panic attacks" for $1000, Alex.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:04 am

While I do miss the insane airtime hill (even though it was a bit painful), the loop is great, too.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:14 am

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had a small out of body experience on that launch. Holy crap. :omg:

Another great video, Robb. It really captured that insane acceleration curve very well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!