TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 pm

pfalcioni wrote:Seeing the variety of age groups at Kidzania makes me wonder if they have different levels of training for different ages?

At the Tokyo location there are suggested ages for each activity and the kids can get more or less out of them based on their ability. There are certainly activities that skew older or younger. At some other locations we’ve been to there were different jobs within some activities for younger or older kids.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 pm

^ that really is so cool.

LOL, tho I think i'd get some odd looks if I went even just to check it out (way too old to participate). .but who knows, if we ever get them in Texas, maybe I could take my niece (she's 5).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:09 am

Okay. I am officially putting 'Going to Japan' on my bucket list. Looks like you are all having a wonderful time there! So jealous!!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Waltrane » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:08 pm

It all looks so amazing! I would definitely get that Oswald shirt!!!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:52 pm

robbalvey wrote:Day two - KidZania! If you've been reading any of our international trip reports over the past few years, you may remember that we have started taking Kristen to the "KidZania" educational theme parks. There is nothing like this in America (yet) even though people keep trying to tell us there are "similar" things, but really nothing like KidZania. In short, KidZania is an indoor theme park based around a fictional city with REAL companies teaching kids about future careers as an adult. Kids will use REAL equipment and go through the same motions as these jobs would in real life giving them some idea of career opportunities later on in life.

There has been talks about bringing KidZania to the US (There was a failed example called Wanadoo City that didn't make it in the Miami area) and there are plans to open one in Dallas. Curious to see how that all goes.

How can you & Elissa bear being ADULTS and not being able to take part in the FUN!?! :lol: I want to make my own eyeglasses and pilot a plane and become a special courier, etc!! Heck, some of my fellow baby boomer friends STILL haven't figured out "their future careers!" (As retirement time hovers for a generation that 'forgot to save for the future,' we'll need a SeniorZania!) :lmao:

Please keep us updated if KidZania ever successfully makes it to the States. It would, I suspect, take a great deal of organization here to keep such an operation smooth, fun and 'civilized.'

Alice

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Skittles » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Has Kristen gotten taller? She looks taller than in recent TPR updates I've seen (not from this trip in specific, that is)
Coaster Count - A lot

Top 10 under construction

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:41 pm

^^The London location offers an “adult night” a few times a year. I want to go so bad!!!!

^ Well, she is 11 so hopefully she’s still growing taller! She’s always been short on the growth charts but as long as I get her above 5ft tall my job is done!

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:07 pm

SharkTums wrote:^^The London location offers an “adult night” a few times a year. I want to go so bad!!!!

:omg: Re: every extra-ultra-cool kids' place (Kidzania, City Museum, huge play place), I always dearly (selfishly?) wish they had an "adults night" or were feasible to rent for a small group. It brings me joy to know such things are possible!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:14 pm

I've always been fascinated with Japan, I definitely need to get there someday. Awesome reports, they are really fun to follow, keep up the great work!
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:49 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:I've always been fascinated with Japan, I definitely need to get there someday. Awesome reports, they are really fun to follow, keep up the great work!

Thanks! More to come soon!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!