TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:09 pm

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Click HERE for an index of all our Japan 2018 Trip Updates

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day two - KidZania! If you've been reading any of our international trip reports over the past few years, you may remember that we have started taking Kristen to the "KidZania" educational theme parks. There is nothing like this in America (yet) even though people keep trying to tell us there are "similar" things, but really nothing like KidZania. In short, KidZania is an indoor theme park based around a fictional city with REAL companies teaching kids about future careers as an adult. Kids will use REAL equipment and go through the same motions as these jobs would in real life giving them some idea of career opportunities later on in life.

There has been talks about bringing KidZania to the US (There was a failed example called Wanadoo City that didn't make it in the Miami area) and there are plans to open one in Dallas. Curious to see how that all goes.

Be sure to follow our Twitter and Instagram Stories for live updates from our trip!

Anyway, onto our day...

I want to live in a world where you get updates on the train from the characters of Animal Crossing!

I love these little “mini escalators” you see all over Japan!

This morning we are at KidZania! We’ve covered this park before and we love it! It’s a kid-based theme park all about learning different careers! It’s incredibly life-like and IMO the best “educational” attraction ever created!

It’s “English Wednesday” at KidZania today! And not just for English speaking people living in Japan but also for Japanese kids to practice their English!

School groups will come to KidZania on Wednesday’s to practice English! (Note how well behaved they are following the “stand on one side of the escalator” guideline they have here in Japan.

Kristen’s first “job” is working as a bad-ass courier for the Black Cat delivery service!

Black Cat is a REAL delivery service here in Japan. I love that they use actual companies.

Kids earn money for each job they complete. They open up a bank account and even get an ATM card! Then they can buy stuff in the shop at the end of the day!

Her next job is working in a glasses shop!

She will learn to make glasses and even cut the lenses and put them together! It’s all REAL equipment! Including cutting the lenses.

Here are the glasses she made! lol And yes, she gets to keep them!!

The variety of jobs at KidZania is amazing! Here’s kids working in a call center...

repairing cars, working at a gas station...

and these kids are legit making pencils!

Yes, there is currently a kid wedding going on right now!!!

“Science Lab” and “Fire Department” are two more activities kids can do here! There must be around 100 different “jobs” to choose from!

Now Kristen is working for the bakery!

They made and baked real croissants!

We just ran into a Japanese TPR fan, Ryo working at KidZania! Thanks for saying hello to us!

Kristen’s final job of the day is working in the “soap factory!” (She really wanted to do this one!) We’ve had an awesome day at KidZania!

More
We had such a great day at KidZania! Photos & video does not do justice how great this attraction is! Easily the most practical and entertaining of any “educational” attraction I’ve been to! The variety of "jobs" is just amazing. Everything you could imagine being in a real city from practical jobs like utility workers to fast food and even being a photographer or radio host! It's such a great learning experience.

Side note - KidZania is located in a giant mall in Tokyo and when you arrive the mall is still closed...
These shops are currently closed & it is amazing that some mall shops don’t have giant doors covering the front. It’s because they don’t have crime in Japan like in other countries. Can you imagine if GAP Kids in the US just had a small “please don’t come in here” barrier?

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part Three of this report!
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Great photos! I'm burning with jealousy but only for another week. :b

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Man, I wish there was a Kidzania around where I lived during my childhood.
What a great way to learn about different jobs and skills involved, etc. I'm
sure it helps some of the kids with their future career decisions.

So, out of all that Kristen did there this time, which job/career
was the most interesting to her? Making her want to do it again?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:33 pm

I'm loving all of these photos! I haven't lost my itch to get back to Japan since my trip last year and this definitely isn't helping (in a good way)! :lol:

Hope you guys have an incredible trip!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby BCTom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin is definitely one of Disney's underrated gems.

Hunny Hunt still holds up as one of Disney's best.

Reading this makes we want to go back to Japan.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Just those first few hours at Disneyland were worth the entire trip! The waffles looked amazing, and I love the Oswald shirt! And I'm so jealous you visited Kidzania! I can't wait to take Jacob to one!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby blk_mamba » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

That first picture in front of three castles is awesome. I am beyond envious!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Man, I wish there was a Kidzania around where I lived during my childhood.
What a great way to learn about different jobs and skills involved, etc. I'm
sure it helps some of the kids with their future career decisions.

So, out of all that Kristen did there this time, which job/career
was the most interesting to her? Making her want to do it again?

KT says her favorite all time Kidzania Activity was the courier service job at the Dubai location. Her favorite in Japan was the eyeglasses. Honorable mention to the McDonalds job in Dubai.

She especially liked the London location as everything was in English and everyone spoke English!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm just loving all the pictures! :lover: Great report, and I'm glad y'all had such a great time! It's nice to see a family that can go out and have a wonderful time together! Keep up the great work! =) =) =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Seeing the variety of age groups at Kidzania makes me wonder if they have different levels of training for different ages?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!