Step by Step, slowly we turned!

Photo Trip Report to Niagara Falls & MarineLand!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Should bert post lots of pics of the falls in his trip report?

Yes - I love seeing pics of the waterfalls from many angles
59%
No - only need to see a few pics of the waterfalls to get the idea
41%

Total votes : 37

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Step by Step, slowly we turned!

Postby bert425 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm

well. . it ONLY took them 3 weeks (seriously, we got back on 5/29, which is when I ordered it). .but I finally got my Niagara Falls, USA shirt in the mail.

funny. . all 4 T-shirts I bought on this trip ended up being Grey or Blue/Grey.

still. . I like this design a lot, and glad I could get it online, since I didn't have time to shop on the USA side of the falls other than some magnets for co-workers.
IMG_4368.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Always a good read as a lot of things that you do are things I'd never do, so it's fun to see a different perspective. Thanks for the write up!

what kind of stuff? (curious minds wanna know).

i love the touristy trap kind of crap, so Nick gets dragged along . . .tho he ALWAYS ends up enjoying it.

heck, he even loved the Weeki Watchee mermaids in Tampa. . and we were (by far) the youngest ones there. . LOL. .we both bought T-shirts.

if only I could have gotten him into one of the Wax Museums in Niagara Falls - but with only 2 1/2 days, that battle wasn't worth fighting :) The upsidedown house looked pretty cool too.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Bert - I meant to send this out a few weeks ago, but for obvious reasons, I didn't have time. The owner of Marineland passed away on June 23rd...should be interesting to see what becomes of the park now.

Link

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Hi Bert - I meant to send this out a few weeks ago, but for obvious reasons, I didn't have time. The owner of Marineland passed away on June 23rd...should be interesting to see what becomes of the park now.

Link

yeah, saw that.

I would suspect that a place like SeaWorld would want to scoop it up, just for the tank habitats. . and so much room for expansion.

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:04 pm

^ It will be interesting to see, that's for sure. Given all the flack that Sea World takes now, they probably wouldn't touch Marineland with a 10' pole.

I could definitely see the interest in perhaps acquiring/rescuing the marine life if the park gets sold, but I could almost see this turning into another Crystal Beach where the park is sold, torn down and condos built in it's place.

Hopefully not, because I would love nothing more than to see someone buy it and turn it into an actual theme park destination...but I feel that this might be a pipe dream at this point.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 pm

They are still advertising Marineland on just about every commercial break at the moment "Everyone LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVES Mariiiiineland!!".
Once the summer holidays are done and dusted it will be interesting to see what happens.
The owners death got a brief mention in the news, but that was it....no speculation....no nothing!
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Iron Rattler 7 Leviathan (front row) 8 Phantom's Revenge 9 Millennium Force 10 Manta 11 Saw The ride 12 Mako

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Haymaker » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^ It will be interesting to see, that's for sure. Given all the flack that Sea World takes now, they probably wouldn't touch Marineland with a 10' pole.

I could definitely see the interest in perhaps acquiring/rescuing the marine life if the park gets sold, but I could almost see this turning into another Crystal Beach where the park is sold, torn down and condos built in it's place.

Hopefully not, because I would love nothing more than to see someone buy it and turn it into an actual theme park destination...but I feel that this might be a pipe dream at this point.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/24/marineland-owner-john-holer-has-died-at-83.html

Diodati believes Marineland, a family-owned company, is now at a “crossroads.” It can continue as is or, given its size of about 1,000 acres, it can be sold to housing developers, currently buying up land in the region. Or it can be sold to, or transformed into, an amusement park without animals.

Over the years, some of the world’s biggest amusement companies have tried to buy it, but Holer refused to sell because the park was his life, said Diodati.

“I would love to see it continue as an amusement park without the animals,” he said.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!