Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby Kemotblue » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 am

thrillrider wrote:They have this exact same zip line at cj Barrymores in Michigan. Have not been on it yet, but looks like fun.
They have quite a few of these ziplines across the country. There is another one like it that fly's over Turner Falls in Southern OK.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Today Frontier City posted about Fright Fest... I noticed something different yes I know Six Flags will be operating the parks. I noticed Instead of their normal logo they have used in the past it was the Six Flags Fright Fest logo on the posts. I know in the press release about the sale they stated the parks will operate as independent parks that you would not see any Six Flag changes till next season. So does this mean Frontier City will most likely be included in the upcoming national announcement day of new attractions? Will the other newly acquired parks will also be included in the national announcement?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Kemotblue wrote:Today Frontier City posted about Fright Fest... I noticed something different yes I know Six Flags will be operating the parks. I noticed Instead of their normal logo they have used in the past it was the Six Flags Fright Fest logo on the posts. I know in the press release about the sale they stated the parks will operate as independent parks that you would not see any Six Flag changes till next season. So does this mean Frontier City will most likely be included in the upcoming national announcement day of new attractions? Will the other newly acquired parks will also be included in the national announcement?

You're probably reading waaaaaaay too much into the use of a simple logo.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 pm

probably. :roll: :lol: You know wishful thinking when it's your home park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 am

Six Flags has made a recent change to the price It cost for parking at Frontier City. The recent increase went from $9 to $15. I asked a representive about the price increase they said it is expected to increase more during Fright Fest. It is expected too rise to $20 before the end of the season to be inline with the rest of the Six Flag’s Parks.
1FFF1410-53BC-4329-A5C6-3FE532F55694.jpeg
Photo I took while waiting in line too park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:05 am

Either Frontier City is planning to expand the scare zone in the old eruption site area inside Wildcats infield or they are going to add a new ride in the area of the old Eruption. The park has started adding a perimeter fence around the old ride area and back into the infield. Curious to see what happens with this area in the future. Also if you have the season pass plan to the park. They have added A lot of new options too the dining plan like adding snack options. The BBQ items are now on the meal plan.
37890787_10217726837142235_6613086416962322432_n.jpg
37895806_10217726837462243_7212394763192893440_n.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:38 am

I was at the park yesterday and the park closed one of their up-charge attractions. Their Go-Cart attraction. During the weekends and events days the Go Cart Tracks is busy with decent amount of riders. During the week you will hardly see riders driving around the track. They boarded up the front entrance. Could they end up using the removed attraction for a scare zone for Fright fest? or Could there be a new attraction to take it's place? The area is plenty large enough for a small coaster. Like a S&S El Loco or jokingly, since it is now a Six Flag's park. Which Boomerang coaster will pop up in this location? LOL
38292810_10217776941034801_9092420086022537216_n (2).jpg

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:50 am

Kemotblue wrote:Six Flags has made a recent change to the price It cost for parking at Frontier City. The recent increase went from $9 to $15. I asked a representive about the price increase they said it is expected to increase more during Fright Fest. It is expected too rise to $20 before the end of the season to be inline with the rest of the Six Flag’s Parks.

$9 was extremely low for parking at an amusement park. SF said they think they can double the EBIDTA of the 5 new parks, well $6 more for parking and if it goes to $20, a total increase of $11 hepls with the EBIDTA goal. The high cost of pricing is an enticement to buy a season pass or membership that includes parking. It will be very interesting how SF handles the season pass and memberships for the 2 new dry parks. Both now are at 79.99 for regular price in 2018.
Last edited by Sven20 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:23 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:01 am

I emailed Six Flags corporate about how the season pass will be handled and what will be offered when they have their annual sale during the Labor Day weekend. I was told that they plan to offer the Gold Plus membership as would the Gold Plus Season Pass during the sale. If I go the route of getting a membership during the sale and I want too upgrade my membership I would have to wait till January to make the upgrade to the Diamond or Diamond Elite level. They said that it will take time too transfer and update the pass/membership systems that it is expected to fully be done by the end of the season.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 am

Kemotblue wrote:I emailed Six Flags corporate about how the season pass will be handled and what will be offered when they have their annual sale during the Labor Day weekend. I was told that they plan to offer the Gold Plus membership as would the Gold Plus Season Pass during the sale. If I go the route of getting a membership during the sale and I want too upgrade my membership I would have to wait till January to make the upgrade to the Diamond or Diamond Elite level. They said that it will take time too transfer and update the pass/membership systems that it is expected to fully be done by the end of the season.

Gold plus membership ranges from $7.60/mth (Stl) to 8.95/mth(MM). Figure FC will be priced like Stl which comes to ovr the payments $91.20/yr + $20 security deposit or $103.20/yr with no security. deposit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!