Photo TR: Adam's first trip to Cedar Point

P.3: Day 2 photos posted! Coasters, park history and cheese!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: Adam's first trip to Cedar Point

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Great start of your trip to CP, Adam! And that History Museum is full of wonderful stuff, including models, tons of glassware and china prizes given out back then, too. Definitely worth some time in there. And pretty quiet too, so it's easy on the ears while you're in there. :wink:
IMG_4025.JPG
A display of rare (and breakable) Cedar Point arcade prizes in the Museum.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 am

I’m planning my first trip to Cedar point. You mentioned that Steel Vengeance had a two hour line, and I would like to know what day of the week was that on. Great report by the way.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 21, 2018 5:57 am

Great report! A shame to hear Rougarou wasn't enjoyable. I actually thought that was one of the better floorless coasters since it was reasonably smooth when I last rode it and it had a funky layout for a floorless.

Every report of Steel Vengeance makes me more excited to eventually ride it. I haven't seen a single bad review of it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Camden Park & Disney's Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Land

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:48 am

Great report as always Adam, I've got a Cedar Point trip planned for September and I'm sure this will be one of many reports I read over the summer to amp up my excitement.

Interesting to hear tour take on Valravn, it "looks" like it has the best layout of the 3 north american dive machines I was surprised to say you enjoyed it the least.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 am

Glad to hear your had a great time and the rides lived up to the hype after the many years of waiting :airtime:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Rollertoaster » Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm

bert425 wrote:
Sluggo77 wrote:
bert425 wrote:question: did you not ask in Town Hall Museum for a "1st time visitor" pin?

I’m popping my cherry June 1st and probably the Sunday thereafter. I’d love this. Please provide more info. Thanks!

it's in the History Museum in Frontier Town (over near Skyhawk).

When you go in, mention to the folks at the counter that it's your first Visit, and they gave me this (attached). . . . don't go in just to ask for a button tho, as Adam says, the museum is FULL of interesting history from CP (when I was there last year, one could get a photo op in Gemini train too for it's anniversary, not sure if that's still set up tho).

I've spent many an hour in there waiting for the rain to pass! So many things to look at. And it now houses the only Mean Streak in its original form! (the model ;) )

Postby bert425 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Rollertoaster wrote:
bert425 wrote:
Sluggo77 wrote:
bert425 wrote:question: did you not ask in Town Hall Museum for a "1st time visitor" pin?

I’m popping my cherry June 1st and probably the Sunday thereafter. I’d love this. Please provide more info. Thanks!

it's in the History Museum in Frontier Town (over near Skyhawk).

When you go in, mention to the folks at the counter that it's your first Visit, and they gave me this (attached). . . . don't go in just to ask for a button tho, as Adam says, the museum is FULL of interesting history from CP (when I was there last year, one could get a photo op in Gemini train too for it's anniversary, not sure if that's still set up tho).

I've spent many an hour in there waiting for the rain to pass! So many things to look at. And it now houses the only Mean Streak in its original form! (the model ;) )

Of COURSE I took a pic of it :)
IMG_2074.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 pm

No comment on Blue Streak. :|
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 am

Great report, great photos. I likewise had CP on my radar since Millennium Force, but it was Valravn that got me to commit and go. I hear often that the two East Coast ones are better, but they're so far away that I appreciate having one close. It's a great ride. Gatekeeper is a good example of why you don't listen to enthusiast complaints. It's fun, different, and exciting even if not intense. Love all the photos of Steel Vengeance; what an RMC to pick for your first one!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 am

Great report and photos, makes me want to go back.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!