Photo TR: Orlando's I-Drive 360 becomes Icon 360

Media event for the complex's rebranding & new offerings
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Photo TR: Orlando's I-Drive 360 becomes Icon 360

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

I-Drive 360 has quickly become a major staple for Orlando tourists and locals alike in the three years that it has been open. Home to what has been known as the Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds and the Sea Life Aquarium along with several shops and restaurants, the complex has been rebranded as Icon Orlando--a credit to the Orlando Eye's status an icon for Orlando tourism.

Tonight Theme Park Review was invited to attend a media event previewing the new Starflyer opening at Icon 360 and to check out the rebranded complex with tastes of the restaurants' signature dishes and drinks. We also had a chance to check out all of the major attractions that anchor Icon 360.

If you haven't had the chance to visit yet, Icon 360 is definitely something that is well worth your time, especially if you're looking for a break from the parks and a quick bite.
1.JPG
First up was a visit to the new Orlando StarFlyer!
2.JPG
This is the tallest StarFlyer in the world!
3.JPG
The Orlando StarFlyer complex also includes a tourist info center and the I-Drive Sky Bar for guests that need a little liquid courage before riding.
4.JPG
Here's an inside look at the I-Drive Sky Bar which will open with the Orlando StarFlyer!
5.JPG
Here’s a look at the ride control panel for the Orlando StarFlyer.
6.JPG
And some close-up details on the control panel.
7.JPG
The Orlando StarFlyer has a minimum height restriction of 44 inches and no maximum weight restriction, as long as you can fit securely in the ride seat.
8.JPG
A look at the back of the seats...
9.JPG
Including a laser-cut logo!
10.JPG
The Orlando StarFlyer logo...
11.JPG
And the I-Drive Star Bar logo.
12.JPG
A look at the inner mechanics of the Orlando StarFlyer.
13.JPG
Check out the new look of the Icon Orlando terminal!
14.JPG
Time for some delicious food!
15.JPG
Tonight Sugar Factory brought their signature goblets to the Icon 360 party along with some delicious meatballs!
16.JPG
So many great options!
17.JPG
Tapa Toro's paella is the best!
18.JPG
Tin Roof brought their signature pork rinds!
19.JPG
So much food!
20.JPG
Outback had mac and cheese bites, sirloin steak and beer!
21.JPG
Some neat serving techniques for the event!
22.JPG
Shake Shack and Ben & Jerry's were both here as well!

Oddly enough, this was my first time trying Shake Shack and I genuinely loved the burger I had!
23.JPG
iLounge Istanbul had some delicious champagne cocktails!
24.JPG
What was previously I-Drive 360 has officially become Icon 360 as of today!
26.JPG
Let's check out some of the other attractions at Icon 360...
27.JPG
Laces out Dan!
28.JPG
Something new is coming to Madame Tussaud's in the near future and TPR will have more to share about it soon!
29.JPG
Sea Life's 360 tunnel is always a highlight!
30.JPG
Such a fun little attraction!
32.JPG
Nothing quite like getting your own car on the Icon (formerly known as the Orlando Eye)!
33.JPG
Here’s a look at the new Orlando StarFlyer with the sunset behind it as seen from the top the Icon.
34.JPG
A look at the Orlando StarFlyer plot where there is a colorful pavement to be seen from above.
35.JPG
It's a double rainbow! It's so intense!
36.JPG
Check out some of the interesting new merchandise options that have debuted at the Icon gift shop.
37.JPG
While at Icon 360, don't forget to visit Skeletons for a very unique experience...
38.JPG
My favorite section is the one featuring more "unique" skeletons .
39.JPG
The Icon looks fantastic at night!
40.JPG
The special lighting ceremony for Icon 360 included a fun little fireworks show!
41.JPG
PYRO!
42.JPG
The fountains out front are also a part of the show.
43.JPG
As we were leaving we were able to catch the Orlando StarFlyer testing with its awesome lighting package turned on.
44.JPG
It really is mesmerizing to watch! I genuinely can't wait to experience this for myself!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Orlando's I-Drive 360 becomes Icon 360

Postby djmadmanray » Fri May 18, 2018 6:42 am

The place is great! Excited for the Skyflyer to open. Great report, thanks!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 18, 2018 7:27 am

Great report! Considering how tall this star flyer is and how flat Florida is, the views must be breathtaking.

I wonder how long until SFNE no longer advertises their's as the world's largest.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am

Nice photos! I really enjoyed my first visit in 2017! =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 am

The Starflyer looks great and I can't wait to check it out, was there any word on what pricing for it will be? $10? $20? 3 rides for $50? I really don't have any idea what they might charge for a standalone ride like that.

The "rebranding" event looked like a lot of fun but as much as I like the complex every time I visit it feels like it's completely empty. I don't know maybe it was just my timing but I've been there during the day, on weekends, at night, doesn't seem to matter. We hit the bars and shake shack after a concert on a Saturday night once and it was just dead, we just got the food to go and went to the hotel. Cool to see the Straflyer addition but I hope it brings some more business to the place.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am

Looks like a fun way to spend an evening--get yourself dinner, a drink or two, then ride the Starflyer.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm

cfc wrote:Looks like a fun way to spend an evening--get yourself dinner, a drink or two, then ride the Starflyer.

"A drink or TWO!?!" STARFLYER 360: when one drink is too many and a thousand not enough" :lmao: (Actually, I'm glad I don't live nearby -- I'd probably feel compelled to give it a try.)

Alice

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Taylor Finn » Sat May 19, 2018 12:32 pm

This place seems like a nice, nice option for Orlando. An alternative option to Disney Springs with a few big name attractions. Great report!

Postby bert425 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:35 pm

wow. . great report!

my spouse won't ride a single thing there. . LOL (fear of heights), but I can just plop him down in the bar . . so I know where we're going to be stopping next time we do a trip to Tampa/Orlando!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby JordyC » Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 am

Excellent report! I cannot imagine how tall the star flyer actually is. But it looks amazing!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!