TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

World's best roller coasters voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby TheoB » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

Hmrapp wrote:Thanks Rob for compiling the list. Medusa Steel Coaster's surprising terrain interaction, slow final zero-g-roll, and barrel roll down drop make for a fantastic ride. However, I wonder how much those nylon wheels have effected the ride?

Quick question: Has Medusa Ride of Steel run with Virtual Reality?

It had VR for less than a year, but they've removed it now and I think its on something else instead (slc?)
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 am

I would personally love to see how certain coasters did by type. For instance how did the B&M inverts rank, hypers, floorless, the Intamin hypers, top launch coasters, etc since we have threads for those things on here, it would be neat to see how they did after a real poll.

I mean I could look that stuff up but I'm a lazy as*h^le so if there's a quicker way for you guys to show that awesome. If not, its really no biggie lol.

I did look up Great Adventures top 5 just for fun:
Nitro #26 steel, #32 overall
Kingda Ka #56 steel, #75 overall
Batman #113 steel, #144 overall
Bizarro #119 steel, #154 overall

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JJLehto » Wed May 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Also am excited to see Storm Chaser in at 9 and Lightning Run at 23. Makes my KK trip feel a little more worth it now :lmao:
Top 10: Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2018 Parks: Busch Gardens Tampa

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sublimeairtime » Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 am

Really can't understand such high praise for El Toro or Outlaw Run. Both are awesome rides, but El Toro at 1 and Outlaw Run at 4 for wooden coasters? I see Toro as a borderline top 10 wooden coaster and OR as nowhere near top 10 honestly, as I was very underwhelmed by it (maybe night rides would have changed that).
Top Ten: 1) Maverick 2) Boulder Dash 3) Skyrush 4) Superman The Ride 5) Wicked Cyclone 6) El Toro 7) Boardwalk Bullet 8) Time Traveler 9) Outlaw Run 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 am

sublimeairtime wrote:I see Toro as a borderline top 10 wooden coaster

You're entitled to your opinion and opinions are allowed to evolve but even your signature line knows that you're opinion is wrong. :lol:

Untitled.png

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu May 03, 2018 8:03 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: Oh man...

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RCjunkie » Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 am

^^ "...borderline top 10 for a wooden coaster..." But has it in his list of TOP 10 for ALL coasters. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat May 05, 2018 3:53 am

More stats!

This time, we're looking at best from each manufacturer, again based off of the combined list (because some manufacturers do wooden AND steel coasters). The manufacturers here on the list all have at least a few coasters that are at / near the top, and all of them meet our ridership requirements for ranking. If you really, really want me to do something like best Zamperla coasters, or best Soquet coasters, or some obscure list like that, well, then you really don't have a life and I feel sorry for you. ;)

Arrow Dynamics: X2, Magnum XL-200, Steeplechase (Pleasure Beach), Tennessee Tornado, Bat (Kings Island)
B&M: Fury 325, Shambhala, Katun, Flying Dinosaur, Nemesis
Chance / Morgan: Lightning Run, Phantom's Revenge*, Steel Dragon 2000, Steel Eel, Wild Thing
Custom / in-house / unique: Cannibal, Coaster (PNE), Beast, Giant Dipper (SCBB), Space Mountain (DLR)
CCI: Boulder Dash, Shivering Timbers, Raven, GhostRider**, Legend
Gerstlauer: Schwur des Kärnan, Gold Rush (Slagharen), Fluch von Novgorod, Monster (Adventureland), Smiler
Gravity Group / Gravitykraft: Ravine Flyer II, Voyage, Mine Blower, Twister (Grona Lund), Wooden Warrior
GCI: Gold Striker, Mystic Timbers, Troy, Renegade, Kentucky Rumbler
Intamin: El Toro (Great Adventure), Maverick, Expedition GeForce, Intimidator 305, Skyrush
Mack: Helix, Lost Gravity, Blue Fire clones, Space Fantasy The Ride, Star Trek Operation Enterprise
Maurer: Winjas Fear, Winjas Force, Formule X, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Dragon's Fury
Premier: Revenge of the Mummy (USS), Mr. Freeze (SFOT), YOLOCoaster, Revenge of the Mummy (USF), Mr. Freeze (SFStL)
RMC: Medusa Steel Coaster***, Lightning Rod, Wildfire (Kolmarden), Outlaw Run, Storm Chaser
S&S: Do-Dodonpa, Powder Keg, Eejanaika, Tranan, El Loco (Adventuredome)
Schwarzkopf: Olympia Looping, Shockwave (SFOT), Lisebergbanan, Mind Bender (SFOG), Teststrecke
Vekoma: Tron Lightcycle Power Run, Big Grizzly Mountain, Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain (DLP), Xpress Platform 13

* Phantom's Revenge is considered a Morgan even though it runs Arrow trains and has sections of Arrow track.
** GhostRider was renovated by GCI but still maintains the original CCI layout.
*** Medusa Steel Coaster is the #1 steel coaster but actually placed third among RMCs in the combined poll behind Lightning Rod and Wildfire.
Last edited by A.J. on Sat May 05, 2018 12:52 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat May 05, 2018 4:27 am

sublimeairtime wrote:Outlaw Run at 4 for wooden coasters? I see Toro as a borderline top 10 wooden coaster and OR as nowhere near top 10 honestly

:lmao: You literally have Outlaw Run in your signature as your #4 wooden coaster. And I was an English major, so you know I mean it when I say literally.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby The Great Zo » Sat May 05, 2018 5:37 am

Here's another stat idea, and sorry if I've missed this one -- but how about list of the top coasters in terms of total riders?
-- Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!