Photo TR: Rainbow's End, New Zealand!!!

A short visit to NZ's main Theme Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Rainbow's End, New Zealand!!!

Postby Hmrapp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Great report. Very cool to see parks from (for me) very far away. Looks like it's a worthwhile place, if I ever go to NZ.

The rich history, breathtaking topography, and amazing people make the country a must visit.
RCDB Freak. Perception is an illusion altered by instinctual conformity. :devil:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 pm

I always remember their corkscrew coaster because it was on Power Rangers Samurai. :lmao: :lmao:

But nice photos! Seems like a fun park.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:14 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:Nice to see a more... "up to date" visit to this park!! Thanks for the TR, and the photos!! Looks like an awesome little park.

I also LOVE this coaster's paint scheme. . .

jlangfordnz wrote:Image

It's like the un-official LGBT coaster. :lol:

Yes indeed! This color scheme is great! I always liked the look of a 5 car Arrow train... too much RCT2 probably.

I'm curious - do they run 2 trains on the coaster? They really keep it looking top shape!
#CPFrontierLift2019

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jlangfordnz » Tue May 01, 2018 1:40 am

Hmrapp wrote:Thanks for posting the trip report. By the looks of your photos, it looks as if you could pop in at the park for an hour or two. Fearfall, Stratosfear, Corkscrew Coaster, and Power Surge make the park worth a visit.

What else did you do in New Zealand? I was there three years ago and only toured the North Island. I spent most of my time on the western coast (New Plymouth). The country itself is absolutely stunning; puts Ohio to shame.

I live in Auckland so I didn't really do much in New Zealand :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jlangfordnz » Tue May 01, 2018 1:41 am

JT325 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:Nice to see a more... "up to date" visit to this park!! Thanks for the TR, and the photos!! Looks like an awesome little park.

I also LOVE this coaster's paint scheme. . .

jlangfordnz wrote:Image

It's like the un-official LGBT coaster. :lol:

Yes indeed! This color scheme is great! I always liked the look of a 5 car Arrow train... too much RCT2 probably.

I'm curious - do they run 2 trains on the coaster? They really keep it looking top shape!

They only run the one train. Quite a small coaster, I believe Sea World in Australia had one with the same layout years ago.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!