Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: Sunday Sesame Session w/ OSCARS WACKY TAXI
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TRs: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby coasterbill » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Great report of a great day!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks for posting that train/bus/Uber info again. Great Adventure has alluded me for so long and I'm determined to get there soon! I'm taking notes..

Looks like a great visit! Margs/minimal waits/beer/empanadas = above and beyond a Six Flags day!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 pm

A dumpling food truck and El Toro is pretty much a perfect day for me!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:41 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Thanks for posting that train/bus/Uber info again. Great Adventure has alluded me for so long and I'm determined to get there soon! I'm taking notes..

:nina:

You can get to Trenton from both Philly's 30th Street station or Penn Station in NYC - both just one train ride, no bus involved. Both drop you off on basically the same platform in Trenton. There are taxis and Ubers right outside the station. Be careful with Uber though, as I said its super easy to get one at the train station, but coming back is tricky. I have gotten Ubers from there, though not very easily, and I did get stuck once and had to be rescued by a friend - no Uber, no Lyft, no taxi service, no public transit nearby. It was during Holiday in the Park so I'm sure that had a little something to do with it, but proceed with caution. Or at least have some sort of backup plan.

During the summer there is a round trip bus service between the park and NYC, but the hours are weird and the last bus WILL leave without you.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:52 pm

I love the title of your very own TR thread! Spent a while reading over your adventure to CP and it has me totally jazzed for my upcoming trip.

Pictures of the magnets, por favor!! I've been dying for a good Toro magnet and one of Ka would be great too. Where does the Uber drop you off? At the beginning of that huge lot or is there a kiss and ride area near the front that I never noticed?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Oh man, there is so much Jersey here. Some things that are awesome, some things that are terrible, and some things that are somehow both at the same time. That guy who just refused to accept that the flash pass doesn't give you dounle rides anymore... :lmao:

And yeah, Toro's great in the front. I mostly rode in the penultimate seat, but I did get front row once and it's good. Different but really good.

Postby boldikus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:41 pm

He wasn't even trying to get double rides with his flash pass, he was just butthurt the ops were going to send the train ahead of ours around twice. Either that or just butthurt he bought a flash pass but didn't need one.

TBpony414 wrote:I love the title of your very own TR thread! Spent a while reading over your adventure to CP and it has me totally jazzed for my upcoming trip.

Pictures of the magnets, por favor!! I've been dying for a good Toro magnet and one of Ka would be great too. Where does the Uber drop you off? At the beginning of that huge lot or is there a kiss and ride area near the front that I never noticed?

There is in fact a drop off spot directly across from the entrance to Hurricane Harbor (look on google maps, you can see it). But since I have a season pass I just had him go right through the tollbooths and drop me off where the handicap parking is so I didn't have to walk very far. He just turned and went back out the exit.

Also, per request:

IMAG2810_1.jpg

IMAG2806_1.jpg

They're just simple flat ones, but its something. I've been after a Toro magnet for ages.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Speaking of pulled pork with Mac and cheese, I went to a local BBQ place near where I live and I had a pulled pork with Mac and cheese (and bacon) and it was super good!
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Great report! Unfortunately I had to miss out on the food festival on my visit Sunday due to limited time, but it definitely looks like a cool event. And the El Toro crew was still hauling on Sunday night as well.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby boldikus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:22 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:And the El Toro crew was still hauling on Sunday night as well.

That's really good to hear. I am loving the focus on throughput at this park lately. Operations were generally pretty good during 2017 with the airgate countdowns and warnings of the train dispatching in x-amount of time. Its obvious just lighting a little fire under the guests A$$ does a lot to speed things up. Hearing so much about the rough start the last few weeks made witnessing the speedy dispatches on Saturday a pleasure. Once the internationals arrive they should (hopefully) be smooth sailing this season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!