Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: Sunday Sesame Session w/ OSCARS WACKY TAXI
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Fantastic. I laughed too hard at the fart jokes because it's impossible not to. Sounds like a great time, and I'm glad Six Flags decided not to p*ssy out for once with low attendance.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:40 am.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Prof Kaos » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Great report. I'm glad it turned into a great night after starting off a bit rough.

That ride on Kingda Ka sounds like it was really great!
1 - Banshee 2 - Behemoth 3 - Mystic Timbers
4 - Vampire 5 - Leviathan 6 - Goliath (La Ronde)
7 - Diamondback 8 - Vortex (CW)
9 - The Beast 10 - Flight of Fear

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 am

I mean let's be real, when are foam parties ever not weird? Honestly one at a theme park for teens and families almost makes more sense than one at a club for for grown ups. :lmao:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:07 am

LOL well, yeah.

What's ironic is as a DJ/raver in the 90s I attended and DJ'd at raves in multiple armories, abandoned warehouses, convention centers, countless nightclubs, FEC's (with rides), private swim clubs, theaters, campgrounds, concert halls, art galleries, an abandoned train station, strip clubs, a YMCA, numerous roller rinks, a boxing ring, at least two beaches, the Liberty freaking Science Center, but my first ever foam party was at Six Flags in 2018. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Great report and glad you got on everything despite the weather! That's surprising they'd close down the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo early. Six Flags has never had a problem taking my money before. :lmao:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:29 pm

There is something cinematic and otherworldly about being on a coaster with fireworks going off above you. I've only had the luck to do it twice, both times on lame coasters that felt epic for that one ride because, fireworks.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Skittles » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:46 am

Niiice trip report! I really tried to fit in GAD into my trip, but with finally living stable financially, I'll have to wait until 2019. Hopefully they'll have a new RMC by then, as rumored!
Coaster Count - A lot

Top 10 under construction

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:37 am

Great report! Sounds like fun.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Super evening you had at the park. I laughed at you wondering if you could make it to Zumanjaro/Ka from Nitro with the clock ticking. In April I had the same situation except we were at Kings Dominion racing from Twisted Timbers to Volcano and made it with 3 minutes to spare. Whew! We ended up with a front row seat on the last train of the night and were the only ones on it. HOLY CRAPPPPPP it was flying. (Thank God we got on it then because now it's all busted.) I can only imagine how completely insane Kingda Ka was between the heat, night time, and fireworks going off!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report and glad you got on everything despite the weather! That's surprising they'd close down the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo early. Six Flags has never had a problem taking my money before. :lmao:

Yeah its weird. There have been a few times in the last year or so where I've had that happen w/ SF and been like huh? A girl working @ GACafe talked me out of buying a dining pass for 2018. And with the sh*tshow its become, I'm so glad she did!

pfalcioni wrote:There is something cinematic and otherworldly about being on a coaster with fireworks going off above you. I've only had the luck to do it twice, both times on lame coasters that felt epic for that one ride because, fireworks.

I've been on rides on the Wildwood boardwalk a few times over the years during fireworks, but something about being up that high - even if just for a second - and being able to look over and down at the display, was just incredible and a ride I'll certainly never forget.

TBpony414 wrote:Super evening you had at the park. I laughed at you wondering if you could make it to Zumanjaro/Ka from Nitro with the clock ticking.

It was kinda like a dumb TV show for a moment - the two of us powerwalking up a sweat in the dark humid empty park, with me occasionally checking our time and shouting it out and then giggling about it - like whyTF are we doing this? But we couldn't have timed it better if we tried. I love when moments like that just come together and blow minds.

Skittles wrote:Niiice trip report!

coasterbill wrote:Great report! Sounds like fun.

Thanks!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!