Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: Breakfast On A Giant Ferris Wheel
Users viewing this topic: Philrad71 and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Opening Weekend Odyssey in The Old Dominion

Postby bert425 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:22 pm

great pics. . and love the Horse one. . . so handsome! (wish he had done that in my pic with him when we went) :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Great reports for my two home parks! It is nice being a Virginian with KD and BGW less than 2 hours from where I sleep (and some kind of Six Flags park I've only been to once that doesn't interest me really up in Maryland). Alpengeist was my first ever WoS from a coaster. I could of rode the big boy seats but I was literally sitting in the front ready to go and I wasn't downgrading to the 5th row. I like Tempesto a lot which makes me eager to ride a Sky Rocket II without the obviously useless and silly comfort collars.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Coaster Count: 113

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 am

Thanks yall!

coasterbill wrote:Oh you didn't get that wet, stop being a b*tch. :lol:

You're insane. It was 45 degrees. :lol: :lol: Let me have some conflict/struggle in my story, would ya? :lmao: :lmao:

Canobie Coaster wrote:
boldikus wrote:Obviously it wins best themeing for an invert, no contest.

Nemesis would like a word with you.

But what exactly is Nemesis themed to? Some sort of mythical alien monster or something? (Am I just making that up? :lol: )

I mean it looks great from what I can tell through photos/video but if we're talking about cohesive themeing, inverted coaster + runaway ski lift = genius.

Philrad71 wrote:Still not sure why it's okay there, but at KD we were not allowed to leave the patio at Outer Hanks with beer because the sign said it was VA state law.

Is BGW exempt because they're Busch, or do they pay the state money to allow you to walk around with beer?

No idea, I think Outer Hanks is just run by a bunch of assh*les. :lol: Such an ordeal to buy beer there, but their little patio is awesome and its in a prime location next to Volcano and equal distance to I305 and Dominator. They gave me issues w/ my ID last time when no one else in the park did, and it took like 4 of them to sell us beer this time. Meanwhile, the booze flows like waterfalls an hour down the road. If we got handed beers at the entrance of BGW I wouldn't be the slightest bit phased.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 am

boldikus wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
boldikus wrote:Obviously it wins best themeing for an invert, no contest.

Nemesis would like a word with you.

But what exactly is Nemesis themed to? Some sort of mythical alien monster or something? (Am I just making that up? :lol: )

It's about an alien creature dug up from the ground. The center of the ride has a huge alien incorporated into the station and the area around the attraction definitely has that military vibe to it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Wisp Resort & Fun Fore All

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby OrlandoGuy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:14 am

Great report...haven’t been to BGW since before Griffon was built, but it’s a beautiful park and one of my favorites regardless. Kings Dominion is totally underrated, and I don’t get why it doesn’t receive more hype from people. It has a stacked lineup, is clean, and in some sections kind of pretty. Easily second to Cedar Point in the CF chain for me and even though I haven’t been to a whole lot of parks in the Northeast, it looks to be competitve with the best of them.

Postby boldikus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:It's about an alien creature dug up from the ground. The center of the ride has a huge alien incorporated into the station and the area around the attraction definitely has that military vibe to it.

Fair enough. I'm sure seeing it in person I'd appreciate it all a bit more. One of these days I'll get over there... Nemesis looks incredible.

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:44 pm

No idea, I think Outer Hanks is just run by a bunch of assh*les. :lol: Such an ordeal to buy beer there, but their little patio is awesome and its in a prime location next to Volcano and equal distance to I305 and Dominator. They gave me issues w/ my ID last time when no one else in the park did, and it took like 4 of them to sell us beer this time. Meanwhile, the booze flows like waterfalls an hour down the road. If we got handed beers at the entrance of BGW I wouldn't be the slightest bit phased.

I think that I have to agree that they're just being assh*les. lol

We had the same problems when we were there last time...took about 15 minutes to get a beer because only one of the employees was old enough to serve it. And the look that I got when I asked if they had any IPA on draft was priceless. "Uhhh...I don't think that we have that brand." :lol:

While I do like the location and don't get upset because I can't leave beer jail, I would much rather stroll around the park drinking my beer and just taking it all in.

Postby boldikus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 am

Philrad71 wrote:And the look that I got when I asked if they had any IPA on draft was priceless. "Uhhh...I don't think that we have that brand." :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's funny.

I guess that's what you get when you have people selling beer that have no business selling beer.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Super report! I always get drenched on Pompeii as well, it never fails. I've ridden it in a poncho all balled up and still managed to get absolutely soaked. Seeing the pics with Brit and Bill bundled up in hoodies with jackets over top... and then you in a shirt and windbreaker... is pretty hilarious. I managed to get my first ride ever on Mach Tower last August and had a similar experience as you where it worked for a few cycles and went down again not long after. It's a shame they can't get it working consistently even after several years because it's got a fantastic view!

Any plans for heading back to CP in the next year or so? What about trying out Dollywood or Carowinds? Your trip reports are some of my favorite ones to read on here. Bill's are great too but having to wait 14 years for each installment knocks him off the Awesome TR award podium. Sorry Bill, get your sh*t together! :lol:

Postby boldikus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:41 am

TBpony414 wrote:Super report! I always get drenched on Pompeii as well, it never fails. I've ridden it in a poncho all balled up and still managed to get absolutely soaked. Seeing the pics with Brit and Bill bundled up in hoodies with jackets over top... and then you in a shirt and windbreaker... is pretty hilarious. I managed to get my first ride ever on Mach Tower last August and had a similar experience as you where it worked for a few cycles and went down again not long after. It's a shame they can't get it working consistently even after several years because it's got a fantastic view!

Any plans for heading back to CP in the next year or so? What about trying out Dollywood or Carowinds? Your trip reports are some of my favorite ones to read on here. Bill's are great too but having to wait 14 years for each installment knocks him off the Awesome TR award podium. Sorry Bill, get your sh*t together! :lol:

I had actually brought a heavier coat down with me in anticipation of being cold but was fine both days with just the t and windbreaker. I was only really cold after Pompeii, especially when waiting for that f*cking skyride in the shade afterwards. I wasn't soaked, but was certainly wet.

As far as CP, I have no plans to go this year. Its just out of my budget because I want to stay at Breakers and go for a full weekend like we did last time. I can't imagine doing CP any other way. I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool looks amazing but those lines are gonna be ridic and I'd rather wait til the hype dies down. This was actually the first time I've ever gone to a park on opening day to ride a brand new coaster, and I think we lucked out with the lines and FL+.

My goal this year is just to get down to SFOG in the fall and hopefully get up to Coney Island finally, hit Sesame once that woodie opens, maybe Knoebels (finally) with the family later this summer, and definitely back to KD/BGW in the fall. Moreys and SFGAdv trips scattered throughout I'm sure. Maybe go up to see Bill/Brit and SFNE again? All just ideas right now, but I think it's gonna be a "quiet" year lmao.

Dollywood is high on the list, as is Knotts/SFMM trip. But probably not for a bit, we'll see. I do look for cheap airfare to Charlotte sometimes, even just a day or overnight by myself, but other than the B&Ms, I'm really not interested in that park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!