Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: Sunday Sesame Session w/ OSCARS WACKY TAXI
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:38 am

coasterbill wrote:Awesome report of an awesome weekend. Maelstrom kicked my a**.

That was one of those rides that seemed like it was designed to remind me that I’m no longer in my twenties. :lol:

Yet you continued to push it to the limit the following "stormy" day. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! I didn't realize the Screamin' Swing was included. I'll be sure not to skip that next time.

Yeah its great. If I'm alone and there is no wait the ops usually just let me re-scan my wristband without walking all the down and around to the entrance and back up.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:47 am

Awesome! Good to see the gang all back together. Bummer no It though. Absolutely the best flat on the piers.

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:31 am

Yeah was a bummer. We missed you this year, Andrew!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 am

Yeah, that was really awesome hanging out with you guys. Morey's is just a bit too far away to fly out there every year. We'll have to do something though. I have to get out to Busch Gardens at some point, and once that mall and Legoland are done I want to go to NYC. You need to get out to Branson too.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Another weekend in paradise! The food, beer, and rides all look great. Thanks for the fun read.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Great report and photos! Sounds like you had a ton of fun :lol:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:29 am

^ ^^ and ^^^ Thanks for the comments and for reading.

While Bill and I are absolutely morning people, our other halves are far from it. Getting them up early on a Sunday after a hot draining day of eating, drinking and riding would normally pose a problem, but not today. Not for this bunch. We'd be arising nice and early for a hot meal eaten 156 feet above sea level. You guessed it... we had reservations for four atop Morey's Giant Wheel... aka Breakfast In the Sky.

00.jpg
Good morning.

If you've been following along, you know the missus and I did this two years ago and were nuts about it. The weather was perfect and the experience was incredible - we were most impressed by how they really thought of everything. The food was excellent, the service exceptional, it was worth every penny we spent on the experience, and we absolutely did not want to get off at the end of our hour on The Wheel. We've talked it up to everyone since then, and while we missed the opportunity last summer, we vowed to do it in 2018. Leading up to this weekend, we asked Bill and Brit if they wanted to do it with us while they were in town, and in spite of the fact Brit is terrified of ferris wheels, they very quickly gave a us a "yes".

01.jpg
Checked in, waiting to board

When you check in, they have a few seating areas set up (they ask that you arrive 30 minutes before your start time) and there is plenty of coffee, tea, juice, or water for you to enjoy while you wait.

As mentioned in my last report, the only sort-of "catch" with this experience is that due to the fact that you're up on The Wheel the entire hour, you're served your food as soon as your seated and then dispatched. So there really isn't anytime for you to order and then wait for your food like at a normal restaurant. Therefore, they have the menu on the reservation section of the site and you have to order your food the same day you reserve (in our case, once again, was like 6 weeks ahead of time). The menu, while small, covers basically anything anyone might want, and ordering that far in advance removes the possibility of someone reserving and then getting there and not wanting any food on the menu. So... we knew what we would be eating well in advance of this morning.

02.jpg

Morning, friends!

We got lucky again with the weather, the forecast bounced around all week but there was rain in there, yet by Sunday morning the sun was shining and the light ocean breeze was nice and cool before the heat of the afternoon. After you are seated in a gondola, a rotating cast of employees/servers stops by - first to snap into place a table, then to bring out drinks, coffee, water, a bread basket, condiments, and then your entrees. Finally a supervisor of sorts stops by to take a photo or two, gives a brief safety schpeil, with a card listing a phone number to call and your gondola number in case of emergencies, since (as they'll jokingly tell you) they won't be able to hear you screaming for help from up there. And with a last "do you all need anything else?" you're dispatched into the sky to enjoy your meal.

06.jpg
The Great Nor'easter... and the Atlantic Ocean

Last time the missus had the Jersey BLT and I had a bite and it was amazing, so that's what I got this time.

03.jpg
Jersey BLT.

While she tried the waffles w/ berries.

05.jpg
Waffles!

The views of the pier and the waterpark are incredible. Our reservation was for 10am, and the waterpark opens an hour ahead of that so things were in full swing. Definitely neat to watch it from up there.

12.jpg

04.jpg
Wilhelms' Biergarten.

Under the boomerang spikes is the new "Wilhems Biergarten" that we had drinks at the night previous that I didn't take any photos of. Its an awesome use of space.

07.jpg

Sea Serpents entrance, Musik Express, Rollies Coaster and the Waltzer.

08.jpg

The (elevated) Waveswinger, and Maelstrom (the flat that tried to kill Bill the previous evening). You can see the new spinner way in the back.

10.jpg

And on a nice clear morning like this you can see all the way to the back bay.

09.jpg

11.jpg

If you're wondering, the wheel stops at three different points throughout the hour, and when it does move its at an absolutely glacial pace so much that you almost don't feel it.

14.jpg
Cheers!

Bill almost dropped his phone trying to get this photo. Oh I don't think I've mentioned but Bill had the Steak & Egg scramble and Brit had the seafood omelet. Everyone raved about our food, we downed all the coffee, and we even cleaned out the bread basket.

13.jpg

The hour, without a doubt, goes by very fast, since for the first half of it you're stuffing your piehole with delicious grub and the second half you're busy snapping photos and enjoying the views. Even Brit, who we assumed would be frozen in fear to even lift a fork to her mouth, was relaxed and Snapchatting to her hearts content.

Just like last time, we didn't want to get off when the hour was up. Upon disembarking the ride, they ask you how everything was, etc and send you on your way. We got discount coupons for Breakfast in the Sky mugs but unfortunately the store that sells them was not open yet as the pier itself wasn't really open other than the Wheel and the waterpark. Overall we all loved it and the missus and I plan to do it again. The experience is a little pricey but we all think its totally worth it. Not every day you get to eat a really good breakfast on a giant ferris wheel overlooking the ocean. If only they served booze... :lol:

We headed back to the house to pack up as the missus was headed off the island to spend a few days with her mother, while I joined Bill and Brit for afternoon trip up the coast to rack up a few brand spankin' new creds in (the unfortunately very dry town of) Ocean City. Stay tuned...

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am

Great report! Breakfast in the Sky is awesome and anyone who goes to Wildwood and doesn't do it is insane.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks for the report/info. Breakfast in the Sky looks like a fun way to start the day......even if your on 'the shore'. :lol:

Re: Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm

that looks like such a wonderful thing to do, and I'm jealous as my spouse (who is terrified of heights) no WAY would do that with me.

LOL. . so I'd be having solo breakfast in the sky, if I ever got to do it :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!