Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Vekoma has been purchased by the same company who bought S&S
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Interesting . . . . Vekoma, S&S and the remnants of Arrow . . . all part of the same company now.

Wondering if Sansei will refine such past models like SLC's or old school Arrow Loopers?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:51 pm

I don't really see the point of refining Arrow's old school loopers. The world has moved on and Vekoma already sell a multi-looper fit for the 21st century.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Interesting . . . . Vekoma, S&S and the remnants of Arrow . . . all part of the same company now.

Wondering if Sansei will refine such past models like SLC's or old school Arrow Loopers?

Having grown up around Ninja at SFStL, I don't hold much hope for that.

Interesting news, though, not sure what impact it will have, but it has to have some sort of impact.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Wondering if Sansei will refine such past models like SLC's or old school Arrow Loopers?

One could argue that the Suspended Looping Coaster isn't a "past" model because the standard 687 m layout is still being built new, and that the Firestorm / Space Warp / Bermuda Blitz are the "new school" Arrow multi-loopers.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Interesting . . . . Vekoma, S&S and the remnants of Arrow . . . all part of the same company now.

All that means is they will be selling a lot of parts to keep the business running between coaster sales.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 am

Has anyone seen the new “Top Gun” model being designed by Vekoma? It looks great.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 am

Jcoaster wrote:Has anyone seen the new “Top Gun” model being designed by Vekoma? It looks great.

https://youtu.be/-1sWeyT81YU

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 am

ElvisLuv wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:Has anyone seen the new “Top Gun” model being designed by Vekoma? It looks great.

https://youtu.be/-1sWeyT81YU

Outstanding!

The two car trains look really interesting. It reminds me of a Vekoma version of an Intamin Blitz Coaster.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:23 am

Here's a couple of artist impressions showing the train and layout. I love the theming - not sure if this is just conceptual or what will actually appear on Fantawild's versions. I hope they can update their restraints so they're more like Intamin's new lapbars rather than vest restraints. Other than that, I'm loving Vekoma's rebirth at the moment.
30515796_2147555418864034_1518704859681914880_n.jpg
30629460_2147555425530700_4799970787614261248_n.jpg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am

I'm under the impression that we may see S&S produce Vekoma tracks/supports for North American installations to augment their somewhat smallish output, bring some economies of scale into play.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!