Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Vekoma has been purchased by the same company who bought S&S
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Star Wars is gay.

Re: Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:53 pm

About as expected as:
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Holy crap. This is massive news! I never thought Vekoma would be bought out considering just how huge they are. Could this be a case of ageing owners looking to cash out before retirement?

I'm very curious to see how this impacts Disney's future attractions. Hopefully the partnership will stay healthy.

If I remember correctly, Vekoma had financial troubles after the giant inverted boomerangs had so many issues and declared bankruptcy around that time. This might be a case of creditors cashing out.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Jew wrote:If I remember correctly, Vekoma had financial troubles after the giant inverted boomerangs had so many issues and declared bankruptcy around that time. This might be a case of creditors cashing out.

Ahhh, makes sense. I had completely forgotten those ever existed.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Yeah, I honestly feel that Vekoma currently has a better reputation than Sensei! Interesting news, I'm sure there's a lot more that we all don't know about behind the scenes to this.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby trainplane3 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm

robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.

I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma. That relationship has helped Disney produce some of the best rides we've seen at their parks yet (Expedition Everest, Tron, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, etc) and a change in owners could impact that. We shall see...

I think it's safe to add the Guardians coaster to that list as well.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby IntaminLove » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm cool with this as long as it doesn't negatively affect Vekoma's deal with RMC.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:38 pm

It's encouraging that the release mentions that operations will be largely unchanged. We'll see how that actually plays out, but hopefully things keep on keeping on at Vekoma. I've really enjoyed the turnaround in their reputation, at least among the coaster peoples- and look forward to what they bring us in the future.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:41 pm

trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.

I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma. That relationship has helped Disney produce some of the best rides we've seen at their parks yet (Expedition Everest, Tron, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, etc) and a change in owners could impact that. We shall see...

We don't know that for sure. Remember, Disney did NOT go with Vekoma for their most recent coaster.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

SharkTums wrote:Yeah, I honestly feel that Vekoma currently has a better reputation than Sensei! Interesting news, I'm sure there's a lot more that we all don't know about behind the scenes to this.

I wonder if that’s exactly why Sensei bought them. Between S&S and Vekoma, Sensei can get out of the design business themselves and just use their facilities to fabricate?

Regarding the Disney partnership, apparently Sensei built the latest versions of the omnimover ride systems for Disney (little mermaid and buzz light year), so I’m guessing no impact there

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby trainplane3 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

We don't know that for sure. Remember, Disney did NOT go with Vekoma for their most recent coaster.

Pretty well regarded insiders have confirmed it will be Vekoma. I know it's not official, but unless Disney decides to drop the work they're having Vekoma do and start over with someone else then it's pretty certain.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-179#post-8032740
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-220#post-8123320

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!