Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Vekoma has been purchased by the same company who bought S&S
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I ask dumb questions.

Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Postby djackson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 am

vekoma sold.jpg

Link to article: https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/198-press-release-vekoma-sansei

Vekoma Rides Acquired by Sansei Technologies

Rollercoaster manufacturer Vekoma Rides acquired by Sansei Technologies

Vlodrop - Tokyo, March 30, 2018. Dutch roller coaster manufacturer Vekoma Rides (Vekoma), based in Vlodrop, the Netherlands, was acquired today by Sansei Technologies (Sansei), a Japanese company listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange. With the 100% acquisition of Vekoma (100% of the shares will be taken over), Sansei will increase its global market share in the field of designing, supplying and installing roller coasters. Headquartered in Osaka, Japan and active in the global entertainment equipment industry, Sansei achieved a turnover of around 225 million euros in 2017, largely from the sale of attractions to amusement parks and dynamic stage installations to theatres.

The collaboration with Sansei is the beginning of a new chapter in Vekoma’s development. Since the start in 2001, Vekoma has steadily grown into an innovative manufacturer of roller coasters. In addition to seeing geographical growth, Vekoma has also managed to position itself as a preferred supplier to a number of globally operating owners of leading theme parks. With the acquisition by Sansei, Vekoma can now further expand its leading position in the worldwide market of rollercoasters and other amusement park attractions.

Reputable partner

Vekoma’s takeover is a logical next step, according to its Management. Explains Kees van Biert, chairman of the Supervisory Board: “In recent years, a solid foundation has been laid, in which safety, innovation, quality and customer satisfaction have served as spearheads of our policy. In Sansei, we have found a reputable partner, with equivalent standards and values, who can offer continuity to the company and bring us even further. Through their presence and contacts, we also see opportunities to better serve new regions, such as Japan, Southeast Asia and North America.”

Governance structure

The conditions of the acquisition stipulate that no changes may be made to the strategy, management, terms of employment and the location of the business. Vekoma’s governance structure will, therefore, remain virtually unchanged after the acquisition, and its current management team will remain intact. Mr Nakagawa, CEO of Sansei, will sit on the Supervisory Board along with the current two Supervisory Board members, Mr Van Biert and Mr Steenbakker. The company will continue its activities under the same trade name as an independently operating company. The Works Council of Vekoma Rides, which was involved in the process from an early stage, gave a positive advice on the acquisition.

About Vekoma

Vekoma (vekoma.com) is a leading rollercoaster manufacturer – one of the world's most innovative. The focus of the company is on the development, production and installation of roller coasters and special attractions and after sales services for theme- and amusement parks. In addition to a portfolio ranging from thrill- to family rides, Vekoma is continuously working on the development of customized projects commissioned by and in close collaboration with a wide range of international clients. Its head office is located in Vlodrop, in the Netherlands, and with over 300 employees, Vekoma is an important employer in the region.

About Sansei Technologies

Sansei plans, designs, manufactures, installs, repairs and maintains attractions, stage installations, elevators and other designed equipment in Japan and beyond. The company's attractions include roller coasters, water attractions, dark rides and much more. It also offers stage equipment, such as sliding stages, mobile stage equipment, inclined floors and rotating stages. Founded in 1951 and formerly known as Sansei Yusoki Co., Ltd. the company changed its name to Sansei Technologies, Inc. in January 2014. It is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:26 am.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:49 am

Wow, never expected that
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 am

Wait...what? Hang on, let me wipe off my glasses here.

Wait, that's actually what's happening?

This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:38 am

A.J. wrote:This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.

I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma. That relationship has helped Disney produce some of the best rides we've seen at their parks yet (Expedition Everest, Tron, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, etc) and a change in owners could impact that. We shall see...

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:40 am

Interesting, wonder how the S&S and Vekoma relationship would work now.

Edit: So far IAAPA floor plan hasn’t combined all the companies yet.
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:45 am

robbalvey wrote:I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma.

While we all know how big mergers typically go, the paragraph about "governance structure" seems to indicate that Vekoma will still be...Vekoma, but they'll have someone looking over their shoulder all the time. I'd speculate that Vekoma's client base will either stay the same or potentially expand, but I'd also speculate that we'll see less "experimental" stuff from them moving forward (like that weirdo Pandora's Box thing and the Thrill Lift).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Rougarou » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:13 am

I wonder how this merger will effect the contract between Vekoma and RNC?
The contract to sell RMC coasters in Europe through Vekoma?

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 am

Holy crap. This is massive news! I never thought Vekoma would be bought out considering just how huge they are. Could this be a case of ageing owners looking to cash out before retirement?

I'm very curious to see how this impacts Disney's future attractions. Hopefully the partnership will stay healthy.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:37 am

djackson wrote:...we have found a reputable partner, with equivalent standards and values, who can offer continuity to the company and bring us even further.

Reputable partner? Isn't Sansei the company that managed to make a garbage coaster that had a failing rollback system first day of operation and since partnering with S&S has had S&S projects significantly delayed multiple times now?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:15 pm

This is huge news and I'm not sure how to react.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!