Trip report: Fiesta Texas, 3/04/18

2nd weekend of the season, more Wonder Woman pics!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Trip report: Fiesta Texas, 3/04/18

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote: Golden Shower Coaster

Great update, bert!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

bert425 wrote:in Sangerfest Hall, after eating lunch.
They are doing some construction outside behind us. .i'd guess a new outdoor beer garden, since the beer booth is over on that side.

thinking about this while on my walk today.. I'm wrong.

they already had an outdoor seating area there, and they tore it out.

Fiesta Texas had removed the Carousel (America-go-round) to make the plaza/gift shop for Wonder Woman. . . . and before it was in that location (way back when), it used to be in the German Section. (Spassburg).

They had signs up saying it would be coming back late last year during Holiday in the Park.

I'm actually betting that the Carousel is going to go there on the side of the Sangerfest Hall (in Spassburg), across from the kiddie teacups, in the space that used to be the outdoor seating.

shame they couldn't find a place to put a flat over on the other side of the park, they REALLY need *something* between Boomerang and Roadrunner Express.. . sure, the waterpark is there, but when that is closed for most of the year, it's just a fairly long walk with no rides, just a few restaurants there.

still. . excited to realize that the construction is very likely the Carousel pad.
Last edited by bert425 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Awesome report, thanks for putting it together!

I really want to visit this park soon. If I can't make it happen this year, maybe next year. Looks like a great park and Wonder Woman looks great too!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:18 pm

RCjunkie wrote:Thanks for the update on Wonder Woman. Great shots of all that twisty goodness! It looks really fun due to that. And kudos for the Marvin the Martian photo op.

when I last went (day after Christmas), i got Pepe Le Pew, and the time before that (Dec 3) we got Porky and Yosemite Sam.

so they are doing a fantastic job with the characters out in the main "hub" plaza :)
IMG_3059.JPG
IMG_2884C.jpg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:21 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Awesome report, thanks for putting it together!

I really want to visit this park soon. If I can't make it happen this year, maybe next year. Looks like a great park and Wonder Woman looks great too!

glad you (and others) are enjoying the pics.

it really is a great park, and when in the summer and the whole Waterpark Section opens, it's even better. The Texas wave pool and Lazy River are great at this park.

If I had been alone, I would have stayed likely a few hours longer, and would have gotten rides on Goliath, Iron Rattler, and a few other flats..but I felt guilty that I was with someone who didn't want to / couldn't ride all that much, so after we did 4 rides together, and I did 4 rides alone, it was "enough" for this trip.

I'll be back multiple times thruout the season, sometimes with spouse, and sometimes without, so i don't mind skipping things on trips :)

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Nice report, Bert...definitely hope to get to this park eventually and we'll for sure let you know so that we can meet up with you and Nick!

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks, Bert, for a fun and colorful journey through Fiesta Texas. Very interesting what you said about Batman being a "totally different ride" once you pulled the restraints all the way. Some of these coasters ought to come with instructions!! "How-To's" on the best way to ride! (Hey! Someone should come out with a book: "Ways to Ride the World's Most Challenging Coasters!") :lol: Kind of like some of the ski area guides that tell you about getting the most out of each of their trails.....an insider's guide. I love that kind of stuff.)

Alice

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm

bert425 wrote:
bert425 wrote:in Sangerfest Hall, after eating lunch.
They are doing some construction outside behind us. .i'd guess a new outdoor beer garden, since the beer booth is over on that side.

I'm actually betting that the Carousel is going to go there on the side of the Sangerfest Hall (in Spassburg), across from the kiddie teacups, in the space that used to be the outdoor seating.

You are correct! The park president confirmed the carousel will be next to Sangerfest Hall.
The old shade structure will be re-used as part as the queue also.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Ha! I just thought of it.....

Wonder Woman's Spaghetti Challenge!

I mean, really. Elmo and Grover would love it, LOL! :lol:

As for Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster....plplplplpl!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Ha! I just thought of it.....

Wonder Woman's Spaghetti Challenge!

there IS the only Pizza joint in SFFT right there at the entrance to Wonder Woman.. but they don't sell spaghetti.

sounds like an opportunity to me!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!