MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Postby Taron » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm

^the rollercoaster restaurant in vienna bought the concept of the rollercoaster restaurant. The first rollercoaster restaurant was installed at Europa Park. As stated above the company is owned by Michael Mack.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm

...overcoming spectacular moves with up to 6 G-Forces.

6 g's? Holy crap! :lover:

I can't help but wondering after seeing the "rollback" in the video... How many rollbacks would you be allowed before a ride attendant came over and... "encouraged" you not to rollback anymore?? I mean, you know there are teenagers out there who would sit there and purposely NOT clear the loop as many times as they could before it became an issue.

Regardless... It looks freaking amazing!! I could so see a place like Fun Spot getting one of these!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:24 pm

^ Fun Spot was the second place I thought of upon seeing the video. Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

I'm definitely intrigued by the element. Only allowing one cart at a time definitely makes sense in case of a rollback. Hopefully the "runway" before the loop is long enough such that people waiting for the element can build up enough speed to successfully complete it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo DisneySea & Adventure City]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Wait, this is real? When I first saw it, I shrugged it off as YouTube clickbait.

A.J. wrote:Looks super-cool, but Hersheypark called and they want their logo back.

:nina: Least I'm not the only one that thought of this :lol:
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 am

I'm assuming that in reality, the kart's throttle would become controlled by a system to ensure that stalling and rollbacks didn't happen.
This makes sense to me anyway.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby winningfreak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 am

Canobie Coaster wrote: Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

That wasn't an "almost" that actually did happen back in the 90's thay installed and operated, briefly a looping waterslide.

Last edited by winningfreak on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:12 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:53 am

trackmania in real life

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:18 pm

winningfreak wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote: Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

That wasn't an "almost" that actually did happen back in the 90's thay installed and operated, briefly a looping waterslide.

Yes, but they tried it a second time a few years ago with that crazy coffin "Sky Caliber" thing. From what I understand, it never opened to the public.
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm

This seems like one of those ideas that could go so badly wrong... I'm sure the company has taken precautions against everything, but I still can't help but feel a person with just the right level of stupid could do something mind-numbingly idiotic to f**k this up brilliantly.

Fingers crossed, this does look really cool and only time will tell who purchases it and how they ensure success.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm

A.J. wrote:Looks super-cool, but Hersheypark called and they want their logo back.

That was my first thought as well.

I'd ride this. I'm impressed, and living near Branson I'm mostly immune to go kart gimmicks.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!