MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Postby Taron » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Couldn't find a thread so here it is ..

Mad Mack has developed the worlds first loop for karts

Quick summary for the lazy
- Drivers are held in seat by "special security belts"
- Go-Karts enter guide rails
- MackManiac e-kart only
- "At special intersections you have the choice to follow our accelaration paths leading to our attractions"
- registered for patent approval
- "[..] there is an electronically controlled barrier installed at the beginning of each acceleration path leading to the actual attraction, which ensures that only one kart is driving through the attraction at a time."

Full Website Quote:
What so far has only been possible in video games now becomes reality: MackManiac is the first to offer the possibility to not only use your E-Kart for conventional races, but also to actively drive it through loops and corkscrews, overcoming spectacular moves with up to 6 G-Forces. Up to now this experience has only been possible by riding a common rollercoaster in which you are strapped into and which is remotely operated.

Only the bravest and most adventurous will overcome this challenge as any hesitation or fear will lead to failure. But do not worry as should your incentive leave you the Kart will be safely guided back out.

At special intersections you have the choice to follow our accelaration paths leading to our attractions. One ore more of these intersections may be implemented into into any conventional racing course. While actively driving through loops, corkscrews or other attractions your kart is safely guided on both sides. Further, there is an electronically controlled barrier installed at the beginning of each acceleration path leading to the actual attraction, which ensures that only one kart is driving through the attraction at a time.

MackManiac attractions are exclusively permitted by use of the MackManiac e-kart only. All Karts used for driving through a MackManiac attraction are especially modified in regards to electronical and sensorical components in order to guarantee a safe experience and to ensure limited speed accelerations.

Last but not least all karts are equipped with special security belts which ensure safe and tight fit during your ride.

The entire underlying technology has already been registered for patent approval.

Theme parks, kart course operators or showman who are interested now have the possibility to visit us and to experience MackManiac live at our premises in Nuremberg, Germany. Kindly contact us to register.

Mario Kart @Nintendoland anyone?
Source / Official Website
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:24 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Postby A.J. » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Looks super-cool, but Hersheypark called and they want their logo back.

Taron wrote:Mario Kart @Nintendoland anyone?

I wouldn't hold your breath, that would require so much time for loading / unloading, families wouldn't be able to participate together, you couldn't take anything with you, yadda yadda. Pretty much the antithesis of the typical "destination theme park attraction".
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Just because you can...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coreyb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 pm

This seems to be a different company from Mack Rides.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Roller228 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:00 pm

It looks much more frightful than Ferrari land in Port Aventura (Spain) :shockr:
Anyway, I'm going to buy an eating money house in Cannes so probably will not travel much to see new loops...
https://tranio.com/france/provence-alpes-cote_d_azur/cannes/
Last edited by Roller228 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 am.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby scbt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:11 pm

coreyb wrote:This seems to be a different company from Mack Rides.

I think you're right. Their website lists them as Loony Loop GmbH & Co. KG and has them based in Nurnburg.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Dombot » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:25 pm

But is it a credit? :lol:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Taron » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

The company is owned by Mack. They also developed the rollercoaster restaurant.

A.J. wrote:
Taron wrote:Mario Kart @Nintendoland anyone?

I wouldn't hold your breath, that would require so much time for loading / unloading, families wouldn't be able to participate together, you couldn't take anything with you, yadda yadda. Pretty much the antithesis of the typical "destination theme park attraction".

Yeah capacity would certainly be a problem. Though not beeing able to take stuff with you at Universal Parks is nothing new. ;)
Last edited by Taron on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm

scbt wrote:

I think you're right. Their website lists them as Loony Loop GmbH & Co. KG and has them based in Nurnburg.

:b :br :) :lol: :br :airtime: :airtimer:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm

This looks so awesome. Sounds like there's a blocking system to prevent some gnarly accidents, though I'm curious if there's a way to force people around or let them back out if they chicken out.

After poking around the website a bit, I think I've also found the weirdest ride backing music ever in their roller coasters with your own car concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A921KmsTHxw

And this sky ride for your car in German that ends in a very politically charged English bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GOz4C6EB3I

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!