TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

I noticed "Odyssey" states that it's in Silverwood. When you click the link it's for Odyssey it still says Silverwood but when you click on RCDB it's at Fantasy Island.

So far I've been slowly adding my coasters ridden and then i'll eventually get to ranking them. I have a lot of coasters and I'm all for Elissa about having top 25 and bottom 25 or so and everything else in between is just the same. I haven't played with the ranking too much but i figured i'd let you know about Odyssey since I just saw it.

Jimmy "I LOVE THIS POLL" Bo

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed "Odyssey" states that it's in Silverwood. When you click the link it's for Odyssey it still says Silverwood but when you click on RCDB it's at Fantasy Island.

This has been fixed. Should be up to date on the massive list shortly. Consequence of entering these coasters too fast.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there are a lot of pages to sort through on this thread.

For some reason, the ranking list is having issues re-ordering itself. When I manually re-order them, it sometimes works, but sometimes won't reorder the coasters after it... and sometimes only registers the first digit (21 becomes 2). When I drag and drop, it's assigning a number that is sometimes #1 (despite being dropped between 11 and 13, for example), and sometimes is a completely different number. All of these problems are on Chrome.

Sidewinder from Elitch Gardens is still missing. Is it still operating?

Also, have you thought about letting the user search the park directly and get that park page instead of having to click through a roller coaster from the park first? It's just an extra click for me, but for some of you guys who have ridden hundreds of coasters, it might save some work load.

Finally, I wonder if you might want to include extinct coasters on this list as well. Obviously, that's a lot of work, but it would be interesting to compare some of the coasters that have gone before. For example, I would rank the Mega Zeph from Jazzland fairly high on my modest list.

Overall, looks great! Thanks for doing this!

Sidewinder from Elitch Gardens is still missing. Is it still operating?

Yes, it's missing, and yes, it's operating. It will be added in my next batch.

Finally, I wonder if you might want to include extinct coasters on this list as well. Obviously, that's a lot of work, but it would be interesting to compare some of the coasters that have gone before. For example, I would rank the Mega Zeph from Jazzland fairly high on my modest list.

We are not including any coasters that are defunct or SBNO on this list. We want the ranking to be about today's best coasters, not yesterday's. I'm sure there are plenty of people whose lists would be larger if defunct coasters were added in (myself included), but we don't believe that it's appropriate to rank a coaster that no one can ride.

Fantastic! Most of my favorite coasters are in the poll now!

There are still some of my favorites and some other larger coasters that are missing:

- Heidi The Ride - Plopsaland De Panne

- Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland Paris

- Colossos - Heide Park Resort*

- Pegasus - Europa-Park

- RC Racer - Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios

- Oki Doki - Bobbejaanland

- Python - Efteling

- Vilde Mus - Bakken

*It is still SBNO at this point, so maybe that's why it is not included.

There are still some of my favorites and some other larger coasters that are missing:

- Heidi The Ride - Plopsaland De Panne

- Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland Paris

- Pegasus - Europa-Park

- Oki Doki - Bobbejaanland

- Vilde Mus - Bakken

All of these have been added, they'll show up on the massive list soon.

- RC Racer - Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios

We don't have any Intamin half pipes on the list.

- Python - Efteling

- Colossos - Heide Park Resort

Both are SBNO, they'll be added back when they reopen.

Once we have all of our bases covered and start adding "new / refurbished for 20XX" rides, we'll be calling out individual rides as they are added.

I really like the fact that this system makes it so easy to do a little at a time and then come back. I'm about halfway done, but it doesn't seem so daunting if you split it up. That's not really a comment on the interface by the way, just the fact that this is inherently time consuming (especially if you're like me and you're not any good at ranking coasters).

I'm definitely learning some things about myself as I do this. I'm basically playing the... "If I were standing in front of these 2 coasters, which would I rather ride", game and:

- I now apparently have a soft spot for Green Lantern after my awesome 19 degree hypothermia inducing Holiday in the Park Ride.

- I really hated Raven at Holiday World. Like... REALLY hated it. I'm amazed at the horrible things I'm ranking ahead of it (see the above bullet point as an example).

- If you can get beyond the placement of Millennium Force, Mystery Mine and Kingda Ka, my top 20 isn't as absurd as I would have expected.

- I f*cking apparently love Ranging Bull, shut the hell up about the stupid trim brake.

Edited by coasterbill

- If you can get beyond the placement of Millennium Force, Mystery Mine and Kingda Ka, my top 20 isn't as absurd as I would have expected.

I actually put all three of those in my top 20 as well. I probably wouldn't have ranked Mystery Mine so highly except that on my last trip I got several awesome rides on it with all the effects working.

I have a lot of tied rankings, especially in my top 20. I'm glad you guys allowed for that. I just can't decide between some of my favorite coasters, especially wood vs. steel.

I'm actually done ranking, but I'll probably fool around with it more whenever I log in. Too perfectionistic for my own good.

Question: I'm wondering if gaps in ranking will affect calculations for the winners. I occasionally skipped numbers to make it easier on myself to order, and my worst coasters I ranked high numbers that exceed the actual number of coasters on my list.

By the way, El Loco was a mistake because I dragged it up but not down so it defaulted to #1. Superman was a mistake also but it's been fixed.

HEY MAN no one's judging your obscure coaster taste! (I've got 48 PM's from bill asking to take the photo down, but we won't coaster shame on TPR)

I have a question: aren't all powered coasters included?

I have found Alpenexpress at Europa Park and Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers listed but not Gold Mine at Nigloland, Tibidabo Express at Tibidabo or Odinexpressen at Tivoli Gardens. They are custom models and fairly large yet not on the poll.

Thanks for the huge job you are doing, guys! Having a poll like this is always fun!

- Van Helsing's Factroy - Movie Park Germany

Added.

I have found Alpenexpress at Europa Park and Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers listed but not Gold Mine at Nigloland, Tibidabo Express at Tibidabo or Odinexpressen at Tivoli Gardens. They are custom models and fairly large yet not on the poll.

No powered coasters should be on the poll, the ones you mentioned (along with Disneyland Paris' Casey Jr) have now been removed.

Just my opinion, but I think you could put Colossos at Heide Park back on the list. It ran recently, and is coming back.

Curious - did Colossos run at all during the 2017 season? If it did for more than a special occasion I suppose we could put it on for the 2017 poll. Anyone else have any thoughts?

could do with a delete option on the ranking list. I've tried dragging out of the ranked list but this doesn't seem to work.

however love this poll and a great easy way to keep track of the listed coasters I've ridden. Hopefully the list will be expanded to include some of the lesser known parks around the world. Such as the Scenic Railway at Margate, England. A classic ride which should stand alongside Blackpools Big Dipper IMO.

could do with a delete option on the ranking list. I've tried dragging out of the ranked list but this doesn't seem to work.

however love this poll and a great easy way to keep track of the listed coasters I've ridden. Hopefully the list will be expanded to include some of the lesser known parks around the world. Such as the Scenic Railway at Margate, England. A classic ride which should stand alongside Blackpools Big Dipper IMO.

Yes, coasters are still being added...

Hopefully the list will be expanded to include some of the lesser known parks around the world. Such as the Scenic Railway at Margate, England. A classic ride which should stand alongside Blackpools Big Dipper IMO.

Dreamland's Scenic Railway is there. https://coasterpoll.com/@DreamlandMargate/ScenicRailwayMargate