TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California trip - Help needed!

hello everyone, in May-June finally I'm going to crown a dream.

I'll be in California with my girlfriend. Directly from Italy.

The trip includes a visit to Disneyland (3 days), Knott (1 day), Universal (1 day), SFMM (2 days), SFDK (2 days) ... plus a trip to LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

For Disneyland we will take tickets directly from their website. $ 345 (park + hopper + maxxpass).

For Knott and Universal we plan to buy the 3 days of the LA GoCard for $ 205. So we will have the two parks plus other attractions in LA on the day off.

For SFMM and SFDK we plan to purchase the annual subscription. It is cheaper. Now at 85 $. Unfortunately I'm undecided whether to buy now or wait, maybe to get the gold update to have also included parking (we will pick up the ticket at the cash desk in June). Do you have any advice?

Do you have any suggestions regarding purchases or what I said is the best possible price? for all the parks.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, we haven't lived in California since 2011 and other than doing our annual West Coast Bash event, we don't do many SoCal parks outside of that. So we are probably not the best people to answer. I'll move this to the main forum to see if others can help out...

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much for the advice. at that time we will indigestion of amusement parks, one more will not hurt. thank you.

with regard to the six flags, they have just introduced a new (monthly) new gold season ticket.

The annual ticket would be around $ 85 while this is (membership) $ 95. What do you say? is it good? already in this visit we will do 3-4 days in the six flags.

If you can get a Six Flags Gold Pass for $85 (or even $95), DEFINITELY do it. Parking alone at each park is $25! Plus, by the time you get here in June, regular admission will be up near $80 anyway. So I say go ahead and pull the trigger!

for disneyland we will be at the park on May 28-29-30

for knott on May 31

for universal on June 1st

for SFMM on June 5-6 (4 maybe) (Monday Tuesday - and Saturday maybe)

for SFDK on June 11-12 (Monday Tuesday)

I will therefore try to go in days of low-medium public presence. (May 28th excluded for the memorial day, i know)

for the annual pass I will certainly do it.

My biggest suggestion is to spend one day each at California's Great America and SFDK rather than two at SFDK. It's really not a two-day park.

I second this. One day at SFDK is plenty. A second day would be a waste.

Do not visit Magic Mountain on a Saturday.

Wise words. Saturday at SFMM is miserable. Monday and Tuesday at the Mountain should do the trick very nicely.

• 2 months later...
hello everyone, in May-June finally I'm going to crown a dream.

I'll be in California with my girlfriend. Directly from Italy.

The trip includes a visit to Disneyland (3 days), Knott (1 day), Universal (1 day), SFMM (2 days), SFDK (2 days) ... plus a trip to LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

For Disneyland we will take tickets directly from their website. $ 345 (park + hopper + maxxpass).

For Knott and Universal we plan to buy the 3 days of the LA GoCard for $ 205. So we will have the two parks plus other attractions in LA on the day off.

For SFMM and SFDK we plan to purchase the annual subscription. It is cheaper. Now at 85 $. Unfortunately I'm undecided whether to buy now or wait, maybe to get the gold update to have also included parking (we will pick up the ticket at the cash desk in June). Do you have any advice?

Do you have any suggestions regarding purchases or what I said is the best possible price? for all the parks.

For SF if you are planning on getting gold passes you mite as well get the Dimond Elite. It is $20 a month (aprox) and gives you 50% off food and free upgrade to gold on flash passes (Saves you $30 a day). Also it comes with swim with the dolphins in SF Discovery. Its worth it particularly if you never have done it. I would use this particularly if you are going in late june. Early may on a school week you should be fine. Skip amusement parks on Saturday and go to the beach or hollywood.