Photo TR for TPR by PGR

Rudolph, seeing God and frostbite on Sheikra! Page 4!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR for TPR by PGR

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Woah...made the front page, so now the pressure to update this report is on...thanks guys! :)

So after our stop in Atlanta, we forged on until we got to Lake City, FL where we spent the night. Some people might think that as soon as you hit the Florida state line that the temps are going to skyrocket & everything will be all sunny and warm, but while that might be true at times, other times not so much.

When we did a family Disney trip back in '07, we had the same issue with record low temps. While it kinda sucked for it to be almost as cold as home, it did keep the large crowds out of Disney.

Would the same hold true for BGT the following day?

Let's find out!
20171209_205227_resized.jpg
Okay - first things first. I have yet to post food pics, so that needs to change right this instant.

I have never eaten at (or even heard of) Gator's Dockside before, but for being a Buffalo wing snob, I admit that they actually had really good wings!
20171209_211824_resized.jpg
And the waitress was kind enough to let me choose two sauces so I could make my own concoction of Yucatan and Mango Habanero (two of their hottest flavors).
20171209_205649_resized.jpg
And BOGO beers for Happy Hour? Hell yeah!

This is exactly why I want to move to Florida!!!
DSC06020.JPG
Yay...we finally made it!
DSC06019.JPG
I will say that one thing BGT could use is a smaller tram for the handicap parking. It felt like we had to walk a half mile to the entrance and I thought that we may have very well been better off parking in the normal lot and taking the tram to the front gate instead.

I did admit to feeling a bit upset when we saw a younger couple as well as a family of four all jump out of their vehicles and not one of them looked to have any type of handicap at all. Then we have Michael where it's still a struggle for him to walk and we have to park a 1/2 mile away.

I guess it's becoming a real issue where people will borrow their sick relatives handicap placard and use it for their own personal use.

I know that there probably are people that have them that may not have significant illness, age or walking issues, but people that intentionally abuse it when there are people that really need those spots just makes me want to throw up. I don't know how many times that I have witnessed this at super markets, malls, restaurants, etc.

Ugggh - I hate people.
DSC06018.JPG
This hotness is new since our last visit.
DSC06021.JPG
Yay for Christmas in Florida - even if it really isn't Christmas yet and it's 48 f%cking degrees outside!

48 degrees or not, I am liking the lack of crowds!
DSC06023.JPG
So after we got Michael his rental scooter, where would we go first?

Cheetah Hunt?
Falcon's Fury?
Cobra's Curse?
Montu?
DSC06024.JPG
Of course not...you silly gooses.

Of course this is the first place we hit. Don't you all know me by now? LOL!

More BGT coming soon - thanks for reading!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Phil, it was great to see your awesome aquarium shots - and best of all, to hear that your partner, Michael, is on the mend. Hearing what you went through last year definitely puts one's life into perspective! Am hoping that 2018 brings health and good times your way. Sending you both very best wishes and positive thoughts for The New Year! (And lots of theme parks along the journey! :)

Alice

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Nice to see Michael out and about again. Looking forward to your report.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby scottjenkins » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 am

Not all disabilities are visible. :omg:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:57 pm

scottjenkins wrote:Not all disabilities are visible. :omg:

What's this supposed to mean?
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:59 pm

^^^ & ^^^^ Awwww...thank you both for the nice comments, Alice and Larry!

It certainly was awesome just to be out, despite how chilly it was. After sitting in a hospital room every day for six months straight, it could have been sleeting for the entire week in Florida and it still would have been wonderful!

^^ And that is why I mentioned the below...because I knew someone would probably try to call me out on it.

I know that there probably are people that have them that may not have significant illness, age or walking issues, but people that intentionally abuse it when there are people that really need those spots just makes me want to throw up. I don't know how many times that I have witnessed this at super markets, malls, restaurants, etc.

Believe me, I see more abuse of this than you can imagine. People jumping out of their cars in a handicap spot to run into the market, while others are forced to unfold and push a wheelchair through slush/snow for 100 yards.

It's this simple - if you can easily walk without assistance, you shouldn't be parking in those spots. Leave them for those that can't walk or can't do so without assistance.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jelenp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm really loving this trip report especially with your father involved! With my grand father introducing me to roller coasters its great to see people still living the dream!
Top 5: 1. Storm Chaser 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. Lightning Run
Coaster Count: 112
I <3 Dollywood

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm

^ Michael is not my father - he is my domestic partner of 14 years. :)

Yes, there is a big age gap and most folks might appear to be surprised or even freaked out by that at first. Once they get to know us though, they "get it" because we are like two peas in a pod and we're just two fun, love-able guys!

Thanks for the nice comment on the report - and that is awesome about your grandfather introducing you to coasters!

Hope to have another set posted tomorrow!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Off to a great start, Phil. Looking forward to more.

Postby bert425 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^ Michael is not my father - he is my domestic partner of 14 years. :)

LOL. . that reminds me of years ago. . when I got a new boss, and he was trying to be friendly and get to know his new group.
my desktop photo on my computer at the time was Nick and I at the top of Mauna Kea in Hawaii (linked below).

and he glances at it when talking to me (in front of the group) and goes: "OH!! is that you and your Dad on a mountain??"

LOL. . yeah, I corrected him, "um. . nooooo.. that's my Husband and I in Hawaii". . . and for the next 3 months, he barely interacted with me other than work related stuff (he was SO embarrassed. . and of course, I told Nick about it the moment we got home and we LAUGHED and LAUGHED).
DSC01400.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!