TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Boldy's Birthday Bash 2017

I too was most anticipating Cheetah Hunt during my trip to Busch Gardens as well and while it was really fun, Montu did everything in its power to prove how wrong I was.

It's really close - Cheetah, Montu and FF were my definite favorites of BGT's lineup. I think I prefer Cheetah since its so unique compared to what I have at home, and its got really great airtime, and Montu doesn't really have any. lol

After having a month to think about it my current rankings (just including the coaster from this weekend) are

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. White Lightning

3. Mako

4. Montu

5. Sheikra

7. Kumba

8. Manta

9. Kraken

10. Atlantis

11. Cobras Curse

12. Freedom Flyer

13. Shamu lol

I really keep it simple when I rank - its just a matter of "which of these two coasters would a rather ride more?"

Awesome report of my local park, Boldy. One question; what about the Bacon Pretzels? They're like 20 times better at BGT, and that's not favoritism. They've got like twice the grease.

Yeah we didn't do bacon pretzels two days in a row. I had my heart set on some BBQ, the pretzel we got Zagora was just a simple old school style jawn. Was super good, but no bacon. I'll remember for next time.

Awesome report!

I won't hate on you too much for skipping Sky Ride, the line is usually awful from the front of the park but marginally better from the back. Even though the park is enormous, you're just riding for the views. It's rarely a time-saver on a weekend.

I had no doubt that you'd love this park and I'm glad to hear it lived up to the hype.

I was so afraid of you shunning me when you found out we didn't ride the sky ride. And yeah we loved it. BGT is definitely in my top parks I've been to, as modest as that list of parks may be compared to others. Beautiful park, well shaded, clean, we loved all the rides. Definitely trying to plan a return trip later this year.

Why all the hate for MCO? Not just from you, but I see others complain as well. I fly to airports all over the country and world and MCO is one of the best in this country by far.

You know what? Poor choice of words I guess. The airport itself is fine, though seemingly a little dated? It was mostly about our experience with security. Leaving Philly Thursday to head down we had no issues and got through security really quickly. MCO itself was fine. It was just the really crowded, slow security lines and a million TSA robots running around doing seemingly nothing. Lots of standing around. Being told to take off our shoes and then put them back on. And the others in our line were miserable, I guess for the same reasons we were - the ending of our vacation and that no one seemed to know what they were doing @ security. Just the whole vibe there. Once we got through there we actually loved our little airport bar near the gate and the bartender was awesome. The airport itself was fine.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I still haven't ridden Cobra's Curse, I'm a bad enthusiast.

while Cobra's Curse was fine (and fun enough), it was our least favorite coaster in BGT.

(yeah, we even liked Sand Serpent a little better, but then Nick is a huge wild mouse fan).

but has, by far, the best queue.

you should ride it just to watch the Hieroglyphics come alive (they seem to do a few different things, so it gives you something to watch if the line is long)

Edited by bert425

I was so afraid of you shunning me when you found out we didn't ride the sky ride.

Don't be worried about me shunning you, be worried about Brit. This kind of crap...

13. Shamu lol

...won't fly. Thanks entirely to it's train design and the fact that it has "Shamu" in the name, she's declared it her favorite coaster in Orlando and most likely the world.

That is a totally awesome day. Sounds like Quick Queue was the right choice with limited hours and skipping those 30-45 minute queues. Honestly when I try to sell my family on Busch Gardens, Cheetah Hunt is the one I use. Looks very cool, and I've heard good things from everyone who doesn't just complain about everything.

You packed a lot into that weekend. Beer, margaritas, bloody marys. Some rides too. Glad everything went so perfect. You only get one 40th, and you certainly weren't going to spend it with some lame ass black balloons.

Why all the hate for MCO? Not just from you, but I see others complain as well. I fly to airports all over the country and world and MCO is one of the best in this country by far.

You know what? Poor choice of words I guess. The airport itself is fine, though seemingly a little dated? It was mostly about our experience with security. Leaving Philly Thursday to head down we had no issues and got through security really quickly. MCO itself was fine. It was just the really crowded, slow security lines and a million TSA robots running around doing seemingly nothing. Lots of standing around. Being told to take off our shoes and then put them back on. And the others in our line were miserable, I guess for the same reasons we were - the ending of our vacation and that no one seemed to know what they were doing @ security. Just the whole vibe there. Once we got through there we actually loved our little airport bar near the gate and the bartender was awesome. The airport itself was fine.

I guess I'm spoiled as it's never taken me more than 10 minutes through MCO security, but I don't use the 'Southwest' security area and I have PreCheck.

The TSA however, well, I feel they are equally terrible, unfriendly, and not working at every airport we go to!

Great report, Boldy...jealous that you got on Falcon's Fury as I was really looking forward to it this time and then it was broke down every time that we went anywhere near Pantopia. Maybe the trade-off was the bacon cheese pretzel next door to it, who knows?

I feel pretty much the same way with regards to the coasters. Cheetah Hunt is just so damned fun that I could ride it all day, Sheikra is great (but not as good as the other two dive coasters in the US), Kumba ripped my face off during our visit, Cobra's Curse was okay and Montu is hand's down the most kick-ass invert ever.

What a great way to spend your 40th!!

^ I for one was really happy the two Intamins were running while we were there. I love them to death, but I also have come to expect their unreliability. Shame you didn't get on. Can't say I'm surprised, unfortunately. It definitely was down a few times throughout the day where we saw no activity (or heard, since you can hear that screech everywhere in the park!) but luckily neither of the times we decided to head over there.

That is a totally awesome day. Sounds like Quick Queue was the right choice with limited hours and skipping those 30-45 minute queues. Honestly when I try to sell my family on Busch Gardens, Cheetah Hunt is the one I use. Looks very cool, and I've heard good things from everyone who doesn't just complain about everything.

You packed a lot into that weekend. Beer, margaritas, bloody marys. Some rides too. Glad everything went so perfect. You only get one 40th, and you certainly weren't going to spend it with some lame A$$ black balloons.

LOL!! We really did squeeze a ton into those two days, I really realized just how much when I compiled the little final tally list. Considering we spent 8 hours at both SWO and BGT and only 3 hours at Fun Spot, we really rode a crapton of rides in an extremely short period of time.

- I still haven't ridden Cobra's Curse, I'm a bad enthusiast.

while Cobra's Curse was fine (and fun enough), it was our least favorite coaster in BGT.

(yeah, we even liked Sand Serpent a little better, but then Nick is a huge wild mouse fan).

but has, by far, the best queue.

you should ride it just to watch the Hieroglyphics come alive (they seem to do a few different things, so it gives you something to watch if the line is long)

Yeah I kinda was bummed we missed out on this using the QQ as I remembered people saying the queue for Cobras Curse was super cool. I did watch a POV of it after we got back lol! The coaster itself was fine. Its great for kids working their way up to the big ones but with FF, the three B&Ms and Cheetah, all of which we had done first, Cobra was just one of those "well, that was fun!" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey so no one ever answered my question about the "Pineapple Twist" we had @ SWO. Is that the same thing as the infamous Dole Whip? Or something similar?

Absolutely nothing like the real deal, don't worry. The stuff at SW is more like a custard, whereas the Dole Whip at MK is almost like sorbet, even though it's actually ice cream.

Added bonus; the stuff at Disney also has a sh*tton of gen-u-wine pineapple juice at the bottom, which adds so much more to the stuff than you think. Easily my favorite park food that has nothing to do with bacon or pretzels.

OK thanks. I wasn't asking because we didn't like it, but we were kinda on the fence about it and were curious if it was similar to the Dole Whip everyone raves about. Guess I'll have to wait til I finally get back to Disney in a few years to really understand the hype.

I love Butterbeer but clearly this is a taste thing. Everyone's going to disagree on it.

It's stupid expensive though. When we go on vacation I splurge for it, but if I were a local with a Universal pass I would NEVER buy it. I probably would buy Dole Whip as I don't remember it being as expensive and you can get booze in it.

Edited by coasterbill

I love Butterbeer but clearly this is a taste thing. Everyone's going to disagree on it.

It's stupid expensive though. When we go on vacation I splurge for it, but if I were a local with a Universal pass I would NEVER buy it. I probably would buy Dole Whip as I don't remember it being as expensive and you can get booze in it.

Yeah, the Dole Whip is really refreshing on a hot day so I always enjoy them. Honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone "over-hype" it, the line for them does get long so maybe that has something to do with it but $5 for a decently sized cup of soft serve at a Disney park I don't see how anyone could be that disappointed.

Edited by Hilltopper39

Yeah, the Dole Whip is really refreshing on a hot day so I always enjoy them. Honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone "over-hype" it, they line for them does get long so maybe that has something to do with it but $5 for a decently sized cup of soft serve at a Disney park I don't see how anyone could be that disappointed.

it has a built in audience anyways. . assuming that cart selling them is still in front of the Tiki Room waiting area.

that's always where we've slurped on our Dole Whips (buy it there and drink it while waiting for the next show)

So... the one disadvantage to subscribing to park threads is I completely missed this ENTIRE thread until today. But I'm glad I stumbled upon it even though it took up quite a bit of my night 8)

I gotta say... awesome reports and photos! I especially loved your depiction of Fun Spot... the security at the beginning pretty much set the vibe of the place, lol! Glad you enjoyed it.

I still haven't been on Mako or Cobras Curse, the former sounding like a fun little ride and the later sounding like a meh. The rest of the rides at SeaWorld and Busch are on point. Great parks.

I still don't understand the love for One Ocean, and I SHOULD be biased because I worked at the stadium, but I just don't get it. Blue Horizons (rip) dolphin show was fantastic, though.

"Isn't butterbeer just cream soda?"

*blink*

c0d2c5e7ddf8c7be5504420fd91b0577.jpg

I gotta say... awesome reports and photos! I especially loved your depiction of Fun Spot... the security at the beginning pretty much set the vibe of the place, lol! Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks! And yeah I can't wait to get back to Fun Spot.

"Isn't butterbeer just cream soda?"

*blink*

c0d2c5e7ddf8c7be5504420fd91b0577.jpg

So its just really good cream soda, yes?