Elitch Gardens isn't going anywhere

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Elitch Gardens isn't going anywhere

Postby ALT2870 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:
smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:I lived in Colorado for a bit. You wouldn’t believe how many people think Mind Eraser is the greatest coaster in the world.

Well, it's probably the thinner air, starving their brains for oxygen. That combined with the low hanging cloud of reefer fumes. But no,seriously, if you think about it Mind Eraser is the greatest coaster ever built if that's all you know. There is a certain crowd out there that hates woodies. I know so many. I knew a guy who said he would never go to Holiday World because 3 of their four coasters are wooden. I told he was missing out but whatever. So if you only like steelies and your choices are between Mind Eraser, Sidewinder, Boomerang and Half Pipe, most people would choose Mind Eraser. They'd be wrong but again, thin air combined with weed.

And it because of remarks like that I hate that we legalized it. (Or at least started first, remember Washington also did the same year.) To be honest I see more tourist then locals doing it but that is a topic for another day. (Air has little to nothing to do with it around here unless you are on alcohol, and people are surprised how fast they get drunk. lol)

Here is the fact, Elitch Gardens has the monopoly on the market in quite a large area. The next parks of comparable size are Lagoon, WOF, and Adventureland all of which are around 10 hours away. So ya, does it really surprise anyone what the GP's general preference is? Colorado is a huge tourist state so when people from the Front Range (Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, etc) go on vacation, they rarely ever leave the state. (People are surprised when they found out the park I work at exist, even though it is 3 hours away.) Most peoples other park tends to be Disney when we talk about other parks.

That fact is that Elitch Gardens is doing fine where it is and how it is doing. Remember, this location is even bigger then the old location. To be honest their additions are usually solid and unique in the area. (Not too hard. :P)

Shameless plug, come up and check out Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park if you are in the state and don't want to go to Elitch's. :P Mine Drop is open all Winter.

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:29 am

^Last time I was at Glenwood, they didn’t have the S&S swing. The swing they did have looked like a homemade science project :lol: It was fun at least. Nice to see how much the park has expanded!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ALT2870 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:58 am

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:^Last time I was at Glenwood, they didn’t have the S&S swing. The swing they did have looked like a homemade science project :lol: It was fun at least. Nice to see how much the park has expanded!

Man, that has been sometime then. :P There are some big plans for the future so hopefully you can come back. :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am

ALT2870 wrote:Shameless plug, come up and check out Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park if you are in the state and don't want to go to Elitch's. :P Mine Drop is open all Winter.

Yeah I still need to get out there!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am

ALT2870 wrote:
And it because of remarks like that I hate that we legalized it. (Or at least started first, remember Washington also did the same year.) To be honest I see more tourist then locals doing it but that is a topic for another day. (Air has little to nothing to do with it around here unless you are on alcohol, and people are surprised how fast they get drunk. lol)

It was a joke.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:
ALT2870 wrote:

It was a joke.

You probably should leave the comedy writing to the professionals. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby I<3RMC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 pm

ALT2870 wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:
smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:I lived in Colorado for a bit. You wouldn’t believe how many people think Mind Eraser is the greatest coaster in the world.

Well, it's probably the thinner air, starving their brains for oxygen. That combined with the low hanging cloud of reefer fumes. But no,seriously, if you think about it Mind Eraser is the greatest coaster ever built if that's all you know. There is a certain crowd out there that hates woodies. I know so many. I knew a guy who said he would never go to Holiday World because 3 of their four coasters are wooden. I told he was missing out but whatever. So if you only like steelies and your choices are between Mind Eraser, Sidewinder, Boomerang and Half Pipe, most people would choose Mind Eraser. They'd be wrong but again, thin air combined with weed.

And it because of remarks like that I hate that we legalized it. (Or at least started first, remember Washington also did the same year.) To be honest I see more tourist than locals doing it but that is a topic for another day. (Air has little to nothing to do with it around here unless you are on alcohol, and people are surprised how fast they get drunk. lol)

No need to correct people. If all they know about Colorado is weed then they aren't missing much ;)

Glenwood Springs is a great place to visit! And the rides are fun and offer great mountainside views with minimal effort.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 am

I've heard countless times by the GP that they find Elitch Gardens a far better amusement park than Lagoon, so they are doing something right that regular enthusiasts don't see.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby hendrixmarshalljames » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 am

I wrote a letter to the Company that owns Elitch's spelling out the benefits of a real signature coaster a few years ago. No reply yet. The comment about folks thinking Mind Eraser is the best ever cracks me up. I have many friends back home that truly believe this. Makes me wanna force 'em to do a few laps on Alpie or Montu to see what they've been missing all this time...well, for inverted coasters anyway.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Just speaking as an outsider, I think the park has a couple of of cool, niche coasters (like the Arrow Shuttle Loop) that don't deserve to be taken out... but yes, they could stand to lose Mind Eraser. That spot of land would be perfect for a small EuroFighter, or a similar model. Heck, I'm sure you guys would be happy with another Untamed clone, OTSRs not preferred.
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!