TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

mini Photo Trip report: Fiesta Texas, 12/3/17

Went to Fiesta Tx today for 4 hours to pick up our 2018 Season Passes (and dining), and wow did we pick an amazing day to go.

light crowds, and almost everything was walk on (the longest we waited was Scooby Doo for 15 minutes).

Exactly 1 1/2 hours from our house in Austin, we got to the park about 20 minutes before the scheduled 2pm opening, but the gates were open and they were letting folks in already.

Season Pass pick-up was a breeze: the turnstyle lady created them for us as we entered the park! She just wrote our names with a sharpie on a fairly flimsy card, and scanned our index finger, then were done! (parking included too).

We *did* have to go to the actual Season Pass processing center, to have them add to the cards the Dining Plan we gave in and bought (the email offer was simply too good to pass up for that too). . but the line was short, and moved very quickly. Tho someone in line told us we could ask to get a "photo" season pass there (and they DID seem to have the cameras set up to take pics) the lady behind the counter told us they were no longer offering that for 2018 since it was all tied to fingerprints now. But that if we were worried about the card being lost or cracked (it's pretty flimsy), she'd be glad to help us add it to our smartphones.

overall tho, very quick and easy to get set up and on our way to ride/eat today.

Several Firsts today, as we haven't been passholders since 2012 (yeah, Cyber Monday had deals too good to pass up)

-- 1st RMC on Iron Rattler (walk on to back row) - AMAZING (was planning to ride it again later, but my spouse wanted to move to something he could ride too, and didn't make it back over before we decided to head back home)

-- 1st Skyscreamer (again, walk on to share a seat with someone).. really, really liked it. That thing really whips around in the wind near the top, and being right alongside the canyon and seeing hawks soaring beneath you? really has me looking forward to the 400 ft one at SFoT when we go next year.

-- 1st S&S Freespin. (walk on to left side, and they were only running 3 cars!). Not sure how I feel. Yeah, it was trying to kill me. It really felt that way. but man, did I laugh the whole time, A$$ over elbows. another ride is needed in the future to decide if I liked it or not.

these were all solo's (as was Superman:Krypton Coaster (also walk on to back row), but we did ride together: Roadrunner Express (still good tho a bit rougher than I recalled), Whirlygig (the low swings that he would ride with me), Hustler, Pandemonium, Scooby Doo, and then we rode Spinsanity, which pretty much did us in. . wow, never have I been on a Tilt-a-whirl type ride that spun THAT much. we actually had to take a seat over by Fireball to rest, as it made us a bit dizzy.

Nick wasn't feeling Poltergeist (from the spinning, I suspect), and I didn't wan't to ride alone on something I know he'll ride, so we saved that for next time.

we made use of the dining plan to have chicken strips/waffle fries for lunch (and bonus, the place we were at still had the red 2017 tumblers, that they were selling for only $5 with free refills all day.. so considering that a single drink/water was $4.50, we bought one and shared that all day). While resting we used the "snack" option on the dining plan to get shakes from Johnny Rockets.

then I took a bunch of pics of Wonder Woman construction, and we headed out (with a stop at Goliath (walk on) for me on the way out).

there were a ton of folks headed INTO the park, as we were leaving, and I'm sure it was beautiful as it got darker, but we did see many of the lights on already as dusk came on.

perfect day to go, and even tho there for only ~4 hours, we did pretty much the whole park (no shows) and rode everything we/I wanted to.

IMG_2882.thumb.JPG.4dec63a6a361cde5afe9b35f77cf9c2a.JPG

here just before opening (2pm), and gates were open and they were already letting folks in.

park was really empty, I'm guessing poor weather in Austin kept the out of towners away today, everything was a walk on.

IMG_2883.thumb.JPG.05ca82a89834e8b653c198af53ccdfc2.JPG

IMG_2884.thumb.JPG.c3dd9a00ef2f99e7f44ce6d300a9c0ee.JPG

IMG_2884A.jpg.a05b77fe70e13ed5b079eeed9be198da.jpg

they had photo opportunities set up in the central plaza, and tho I don't look excited, I am :p

(I have a bad left shoulder, and so have issues raising that arm right now).

IMG_2884B.jpg.d501c66e0fef4b6a16ffc8a5ddb6c1b8.jpg

Nick had no issue tho. . Wheee!

IMG_2884C.jpg.9475b26ec6d5f9331e13b13541540e3d.jpg

Porky and Yosemite Sam were out in Christmas outfits, and posing with whomever asked them to.

IMG_2884D.jpg.0496b713281419f6409fa140062a95c9.jpg

in the "winter wonderland" section, I stopped to get a pic with the Ice Princess.

(the Gingerbread baker and his elves were out too, but since no actual cookies when we walked by, we didn't stop :p)

IMG_2885.thumb.JPG.b6d6180ab65fa81a5303c2aa7428464b.JPG

In the (empty) line for Skyscreamer, looking towards Batman & Scream.

IMG_2886.thumb.JPG.803abf9d31787725a44c2030a6325987.JPG

Nick. . pretending that he's not scared to ride (he is, so while I went on this, among other things, he rode "Bench: the ride")

and I just NOW noticed the little child in the bushes. . .LOL. . no I have absolutely no idea what that child is doing there!

IMG_2887.thumb.JPG.7c486bb3ae5a2955c2333b3a2ba78ed4.JPG

I see Superman's loop hiding around the corner of the quarry.

he's next! (also walk on)

IMG_2888.thumb.JPG.627ae99ea6005c69bdf1df43294c6f89.JPG

after my ride, I hung around for next cycle to take some pics.

you can see how beautiful the day turned out to be.

IMG_2889.thumb.JPG.fff08c115c60c280fdf41ec01ec04f32.JPG

IMG_2890.thumb.JPG.1727532da0b1676733559860c2541ae6.JPG

my 1st S&S freespin. Not sure what to expect.

IMG_2891.thumb.JPG.a7f68c39cc0ec3eb8dec4595d12664d4.JPG

Looks like fun tho.

IMG_2892.thumb.JPG.93e82501b2f98461ecc08bcce496ac70.JPG

um. . .what just happened?? what the HELL just happened??

IMG_2894.thumb.JPG.754e3a14e7782b91440291d16c5936bd.JPG

do I want to get on it right away again?. . . .ummm. . only if I want to puke, so will have to re-ride on next trip to see if I liked it of if it really wants to kill me.

IMG_2897.thumb.JPG.4a8ec1f4b4d6aa6dea5d1d04ffea60e7.JPG

IMG_2899.thumb.JPG.eace5a9f0cf11b78cd061e6c59c1f723.JPG

Wonder Woman construction pics. . they are moving FAST on this.

IMG_2900.thumb.JPG.068843c78334b8aafb5642f87c19c8c4.JPG

IMG_2901.thumb.JPG.c2c7b6a503042ff62e8ae62c79a4f61f.JPG

sign notes, will be open in March of 2018. . so opening for the season with Spring Break & new Mardi Gras celebration.

IMG_2902.thumb.JPG.65e43872e14a21c92c4ba8e640bb0f39.JPG

IMG_2903.thumb.JPG.4df288366addb399fc45323866f10666.JPG

IMG_2904.thumb.JPG.a561b79a4841c246dc0d65a88b16ef0b.JPG

IMG_2905.thumb.JPG.6f134a46bb3d9f02408d11d5fc866f01.JPG

after Pandemonium, we needed something "non spinning".. so into the line for Scooby Doo Ghostblasters (I smoked him with a score of over 1600).. . longest line of the day!

IMG_2907.thumb.JPG.b962c6e72c206d9245ced37658e59a1c.JPG

Catching the sunset as dusk was falling.

IMG_2907A.jpg.54cb75725e2c68e97f428a790faebff0.jpg

Nick wanted a pic of me in front of the Batman ride. . .awwwww

IMG_2908.thumb.JPG.d4c7feb7b96f8493010e4f96f2c74153.JPG

Superman thru the trees

IMG_3061.jpg.9b71d4795e1450fddde39352e7b75aff.jpg

on the way out, they had this display in the "Superhero" store, so of course I posed.

they were actually selling some really nice lenticular art prints. . will be picking some up in the future.

Edited by bert425

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome photos! Wonder Woman is looking great so far.

thanks!

yeah, it was amazing how much work they have done.

they will have this coaster up by end of Holiday in the Park, I suspect -- and then will move on to creating the station/queue area (tho they already have the Ride SIGN up, over the old entrance to Power Surge, so I expect they will be using the concrete walkway leftover from that ride for part of the queue).

but they WILL hit that March opening date

Nice report Bert. Those free-spins are a blast. On my first ride the restraint was a *little* loose, and I wasn't sure if I liked it as it threw me around so much. But after that Ive made sure its nice and tight and have loved all my rides on Great Adv and SFNE's installations. Absolute blasts those things are (even moreso when a little tipsy lol). Iron Rattler looks insane, I need to make a trip down to these Texas parks soon.

Nice report Bert. Those free-spins are a blast. On my first ride the restraint was a *little* loose, and I wasn't sure if I liked it as it threw me around so much. But after that Ive made sure its nice and tight and have loved all my rides on Great Adv and SFNE's installations. Absolute blasts those things are (even moreso when a little tipsy lol). Iron Rattler looks insane, I need to make a trip down to these Texas parks soon.

yeah, I think maybe the restraint wasn't tight enough, as much as I was bouncing around.

Not going to write it off (yet) as noted, I was gigging and laughing the whole time. . tho the feeling of being SLAMMED towards the ground wasn't too fun. Will try again with tighter restraints next time -- which is a good sign (as you know, I hated Skyrush from the moment I got on it, so no need to re-try that one. . LOL, but FreeSpins, were a combo of fun and terror, so will give another shot)

and how "fake" do those pics of the ride look in the sunset? I was THERE, and took one pic myself, and it *still* looks photoshopped!

Funniest thing happened on Iron Rattler too.. I was riding back row with a guy who's kids were in the row in front of us. .and they had never been on it either. As we're going up the lift hill, the daughter (maybe 12?) says - "I'm so glad this doesn't go upside down, I mean. . I would have never ridden this with you!" . . and I whispered to the Dad, "you do know this has an inversion, right? it flips you as you go up over the 1st drop onto the Canyon wall?". . and he looked at me shocked, and mouthed "oh $#it". . . .

LOL

the daughter liked it, but the last 20 seconds of the ride were her yelling "you lied, you lied, you lied!!"

(who in the world gets on a new ride without watching it cycle first? not me.. .LOL)

Nice report! Glad you had fun!

I do recommend staying until dark during Holiday in the Park. While I haven't been to that particular park during the event, I've been to 3 of them (Great Adventure, New England and America) and the lights were fantastic at all 3 parks.

You and Nick sure ended up with a great day at Fiesta Texas. Is it on the smaller side for a Six Flags park? I've never been. Iron Rattler looks like a ton of fun and the girl in front of you not realizing it went upside down is hilarious! The chocolate milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are my favorite snack

You and Nick sure ended up with a great day at Fiesta Texas. Is it on the smaller side for a Six Flags park? I've never been. Iron Rattler looks like a ton of fun and the girl in front of you not realizing it went upside down is hilarious! The chocolate milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are my favorite snack

thanks Liz

it's only "smaller" in that one whole "land". .and it's a bigger one. . is the waterpark. So after summer months, when the water park is closed, and when the Log Flume (Bugs Bunny Sword in the stone themed!) and the rapids (Gully Washer) are closed, it really does reduce the number of attractions.

however, Fiesta does have a lot of shows. We could have easily done a full open to close day there, if we wanted to do shows, but the main reason for yesterday's trip was to simply get the passes (we had to do them by 12/31 to get the free parking at all parks, that was the deal). . so since it's about to get colder in Texas this week, we went up on Sunday to get the passes, and ride a few things, once we saw how dead the park was

^ And the sunset photo you did post, makes it look like the coaster is made of "a dull brass", heh.

I know. . i still can't get over how "fake" it looks.

LOL. . I considered sending it to SFFT since it came out so well, but he Batman Logo is on the other side of the ride, so they likely wouldn't want it

Great report! Fiesta Texas is easily my favorite Six Flags park; it's much nicer than all the others. I'm glad you enjoyed Iron Rattler. That coaster is spectacular. Riding it in the back is the way to go.

Wonder Woman is really coming along fast! I can't believe how quickly it's going up.

Nice report, Bert!

We need to make a trek down that way someday as we've never been to any of the parks in Texas. Nick and Michael could hang out and talk while you and I ride the bigger coasters.

ha. . that would be Brilliant. . please do!

you can come for a few days and we can do Fiesta together, then drive down to Dallas and you and I can ride all the big coasters together at SFoT

Great report! Fiesta Texas is easily my favorite Six Flags park; it's much nicer than all the others. I'm glad you enjoyed Iron Rattler. That coaster is spectacular. Riding it in the back is the way to go.

Wonder Woman is really coming along fast! I can't believe how quickly it's going up.

I really need to go back and ride IR a few times in a row. Shame we didn't stay long, as the place was so dead.

I'm off whole week of Christmas, so I just might drive up on my own one of those days to see if I can get a bunch of rides in as I loved my one round on it.