TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

We're actually going to Disney World for once. Help! lol

Great to see the Magic Kingdom extended their hours. There's nothing better than building up a nice buzz drinking around the World Showcase then taking the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom for a loop around that park late at night.

Your plan looks good. You should be able to get all of Future World done by the time your Frozen fastpass is open then have plenty of time to loop around the World Showcase before heading to the Magic Kingdom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I took some friends from out of town to DAK and in the last 60 minutes of the park's operating hours we got in line for River Journey which was sign posted at 50 minutes and we were on the ride within 13 minutes. We got in line for Flight of Passage at 7:54pm and we were loading into the first pre-show room at 8:45pm. That was sign posted at 105 minutes.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

River Journey's queue was about 1/3 of the covered area of switchbacks to give you some idea.

I really feel that going to those rides at the end of the night is the way to go, as long as it's not an EMH night.

Edited by robbalvey

^I saw tweet this morning and and wondered how long the standby was posted at. We're going to AK next Friday and that's exactly our plan, except we have a fastpass for River Journey. Can't wait to get on those attractions and see this place at night.

^I saw tweet this morning and and wondered how long the standby was posted at. We're going to AK next Friday and that's exactly our plan, except we have a fastpass for River Journey. Can't wait to get on those attractions and see this place at night.

Seriously, hop in the queue at 5 minutes before closing. Unless one of the theaters breaks down I've never waited more than 55 minutes doing this, even when it's posted at 180 minutes.

Yeah, we're gonna hit River Journey around 7, grab a bite at the Satuli Canteen (which we had a few weeks ago and was seriously AWESOME), then grab a few adult beverages and hop in the standby line close to 8.

First Disney trip without the kids in a while and I am SO excited. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but mommy and daddy need a night in Pandora and a lap around the Showcase hahaha.

We're absolutely taking that "get in line near closing" advice. We'll be at Magic Kingdom on Saturday until park close so I have no desire to get to Animal Kingdom super early the next day since by the time we get off the boat / monorail and get to the hotel it'll be about 1am. This way we can take it easy, get some rest and enjoy our day a lot more.

Okay, question... it looks like rain for Sunday. It seems like all of the best rides at Animal Kingdom are undercover anyway except for Everest (the rapids are closed for refurb), but does anything close in the rain? The morning sounds better so we'll probably try to hit Everest and Primeval Whirl early because coasters are more fun when it's not raining anyway, but aside from that is there anything we should know?

Honestly, we don't really mind. I'd rather it rain on our Disney days where they have a ton of amazing indoor rides than our Busch Gardens day where they have um... jack sh*t.

Okay, question... it looks like rain for Sunday. It seems like all of the best rides at Animal Kingdom are undercover anyway except for Everest (the rapids are closed for refurb), but does anything close in the rain? The morning sounds better so we'll probably try to hit Everest and Primeval Whirl early because coasters are more fun when it's not raining anyway, but aside from that is there anything we should know?

Everything should stay open.

Awesome... plus we have parkhoppers anyway. If we want to leave Epcot on Saturday and then Fastpass Everest and ride the mouse before going to Magic Kingdom (because they would probably be more fun if it wasn't raining) for the rest of the night we can do that too. I booked our Fastpass times pretty close together so we have some flexibility. It's nice to know closures aren't a major concern at AK though.

I am posting in this thread for literally two reasons:

1) To eventually see the followup from Bill & Brit on how this plan goes and whether or not Bill actually sits on his own balls instead of Small Worlding it up

- and -

2) So I can eventually plan my own trip down there most likely in November with the family, and refer back to this thread which is full of great advice instead of mindlessly attempting to do everything on my own like I inevitably will.

Cheers!

Hope you had fun (but you probably did). Looking forward to the trip report!

We met up with Bill & Brit over the weekend. I dunno, I think they had a miserable time. Nothing but frowns and scowls on their face the entire weekend.

I might be lying...

We met up with Bill & Brit over the weekend. I dunno, I think they had a miserable time. Nothing but frowns and scowls on their face the entire weekend.

I might be lying...

LOL.. was that them on the Peoplemover live stream with you?

Yup, sadly the misery has only continued. Florida in the winter sucks.

IMG_8650.thumb.JPG.e22392f410b60e71e1b22cd473d619d0.JPG

IMG_8657.thumb.JPG.026ed9a3978a10815201c470cc0085fa.JPG

Cheers from SeaWorld BTW

Edited by coasterbill

I guess that explains the Knoebels video then.

Knoebel's video?

Yeah, the new one from a couple days ago:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

You meet up with the world's biggest Knoebels fans, then just happen to post an awesome video about Knoebels? This cannot be mere coincidence.

I guess that explains the Knoebels video then.

Knoebel's video?

Yeah, the new one from a couple days ago:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

You meet up with the world's biggest Knoebels fans, then just happen to post an awesome video about Knoebels? This cannot be mere coincidence.

Oh! Lol I actually had no idea they were the world's biggest Knoebels fans! I thought that was us! Looks like we'll need to fight over that title...

Oh! Lol I actually had no idea they were the world's biggest Knoebels fans! I thought that was us! Looks like we'll need to fight over that title...

Sounds like a Livestream waiting to happen......

I would watch that.

It's honestly hard not to be a fan of Knoebels once you've been there. That place is for real.