IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Day 2 coverage begins
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:35 am

I used to think differently but then I pulled the stick out of my butt and decided that if it has a train car that runs on a track than it's a roller coaster. I was just wondering what all you other coaster nerds thought.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

More from IAAPa-Gravity Group and Great Coasters International!
TPR MB 01.jpg
Always nice to see some of our TPR members featured at the Gravity Group booth.
TPR MB 02.jpg
GCI 01.jpg
Always a pleasure chatting with the guys at Great Coasters! And be sure to pick up a bag from them at IAAPA HQ!
GCI 02.jpg
GCI 03.jpg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 am

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 am

New hydraulic locking cylinders for ride vehicle restraints being shown off at the RMC booth.
RMC 01.jpg
RMC 02.jpg
RMC 03.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

robbalvey wrote:
coasterbill wrote:If you get all bent out of shape and filled with fanboy rage when someone calls it a coaster even though you don't think it's a coaster then you need to go get laid.

...or at least stop reading TPR.

(C'mon Bill...why do you give these people an impossible goal???) :lmao: :lol: :p

Oh but I thought having the highest coaster count guaranteed you were going to get laid? :lol:

The more pictures I see of that Time Traveler train, the more I love it. I didn't know it lit up like that, but it's great! :lover:

Also, I'm a bit confused by the pictures of the Twisted Cyclone train. Maybe I'm being dumb, but why do the seats look off-kilter from the front? Is the front unattached from the first row? Those trains look beautiful too.

Anyone know if we will get to see Steel Vengeance trains at IAPPA?

Thanks for even more awesome footage!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:08 am

A couple of more photos and follow the link below to TPR's livestream of IAAPA coverage! Robb is Live right now!

https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10155905329878566/
001.jpg
Vekoma is showing off great pics of some attractions they have done for Disney Parks!
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
An overview of all the awesome stuff to see at IAAPA 2017.
005.jpg
Join us LIVE on Facebook now!
Last edited by ernierocker on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:09 am.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Also, I'm a bit confused by the pictures of the Twisted Cyclone train. Maybe I'm being dumb, but why do the seats look off-kilter from the front? Is the front unattached from the first row? Those trains look beautiful too.

I had assumed it was the zero car, like most B&M trains have.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 am

This is such an awesome off-season re-charge. I'm still so fascinated with Intamin's booth and whatever Sandor has cookin'. Nothing will change. haha On the wooden coaster side, M&V + GG = Awesome. The sesame street coaster train is something.

Fresh mini donuts are the best. Tiny Tom Donuts finally made it into Wonderland after decades of being a fair staple. Watching those machines as a kid was like oily, sugary magic haha

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:36 am

michaellynn4 wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Also, I'm a bit confused by the pictures of the Twisted Cyclone train. Maybe I'm being dumb, but why do the seats look off-kilter from the front? Is the front unattached from the first row? Those trains look beautiful too.

I had assumed it was the zero car, like most B&M trains have.

You assume correctly. Rocky Mountain's trains have a zero / pilot car in the front. The twisted, off-kilter train makes for a fun photo op, they had the same setup with Twisted Colossus last year and Goliath the year before.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 am

We're live right now on the TPR Facebook page! Just had a great interview with Alan Schilke if you want to re-watch!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!