IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Day 2 coverage begins
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 pm

This is going to wrap up today's coverage of IAAPA 2017, but don't worry, we'll be back tomorrow for more!
DOoDVs6WsAUOEh-.jpg
Water parks are a big part of IAAPA. ProSlide Technology won Best New Product for its Double Tornadowave slide.
DOoDVs8XUAApma9.jpg
DOoDVs9WsAAQmYu.jpg
DOoDVs9X4AEhEZV.jpg
DOoIW-8X0AIIy8Y.jpg
Love the Ropes Courses, Inc. products!
DOoIW_AX0AEeN4v.jpg
DOoIW_AX4AEzF0r.jpg
DOoIzrKW4AIzMWl.jpg
Of course IAAPA is also known for all of the random flat rides, kiddie rides, and inflatables
DOoIzrLWsAA2n0V.jpg
DOoIzrNWkAE-Ori.jpg
DOoIzrSWAAA7FQL.jpg
DOoJKdLX0AEs6OZ.jpg
Until tomorrow!
Last edited by jray21 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

<sighs>

Everyone needs their own personal party-size Tagada!

Oh, that I wish they were selling them that size. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Looking at those Skyline rides I'm more and more convinced that RMC has found the customer for their T-Rex track and we may never see and actual RMC T-Trex anytime soon if the Raptor is successful.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 pm

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Great photos and coverage, as provided every year!

Love the look of the new Intamin rafts, TT trains, and RMC trains. I have a soft spot for those ProSlide models. They are putting out really really fun products!
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:39 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:I have a soft spot for those ProSlide models. They are putting out really really fun products!

Agreed. I think I'm equally excited about Six Flags St. Louis' new slide as I am Time Traveler and Steel Vengeance.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:Looking at those Skyline rides I'm more and more convinced that RMC has found the customer for their T-Rex track and we may never see and actual RMC T-Trex anytime soon if the Raptor is successful.

I disagree. Maybe that will be the case for a few years, but once the company has grown enough, Rocky Mountain manufacturing the Skywarp track will become kind of like Intamin selling a half pipe coaster in the same year alongside a bunch of mega coasters.

I do not think that the Skywarp and the Raptor / T-Rex share the exact same market space. I'd be willing to bet imaginary money that if the Raptor takes off, parks will be chomping at the bit for that signature Rocky Mountain acrobatic layout design in a brand new mega coaster that doesn't look like a mish-mash of wooden supports and steel beams.

For now, Rocky Mountain gets to prove the viability of their brand-new wider steel track, Skyline gets a set of rails for the brand-new Skywarp to ride on... I don't see much negative from that arrangement.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

^ I hope you're right.

BTW, I have gathered that most people here don't consider Larson Fireballs or Superloops to be roller coasters, going as far as to mock SiX Flags for adding one and calling it a coaster. So then why are so many here calling these Skyline rides roller coasters when they seem to just be glorified superloops?
Last edited by WestCoasterKing on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Here's a compilation video of all the roller coaster and ride vehicles revealed today:

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

^ Are the trains built by RMC as well? The wheel assemblies looks a lot like what we saw on the Raptor tester video awhile back.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I absolutely LOVE those Oscar trains and am way more excited about getting back to Sesame Place next year with the kids than any self-respecting 37 year old man should be. :lol:

I'm also kind of surprised that the Exploding Kittens card game from The Patmeal is getting its own line of plushies, not the first thing I would have thought of that would put dollar bills in claw machines, but what do I know? That tacocat is pretty darn cute though.

God, but that Gerstlauer model for the American Dream installations is impressive. I can't believe it's actually happening. *knocks on wood furiously*
That coaster dad [273] and that coaster kiddo [154]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: El Toro. Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Thunderbolt (LP).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!