TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Park 2018 Trip

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a local, I recommend going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday . When you enter the park, head for Laff Track and Fahrenheit as those coasters are low capacity. If you want to do the Boardwalk, do that after you do Fahrenheit and Laff Track. Skyrush and Great Bear are best saved for after 1:30 pm as the crowds will have moved to the Boardwalk.

^ Depending when it opens and you visit, the new water coaster could have a very long line too. If that interests you, that's another ride to prioritize specifically in the morning.

I'm assuming you want to hit all the coasters already, so my recommendation is to hit Hershey's Chocolate World at some point. It's a great option in the mid afternoon when the sun is at its peak and along with the crowds.

The Comet is another ride to save for later in the day. Like SkyRush, it will have it's worst wait after opening. Make sure to ride the Comet in the back.

You're not really giving us much to go on.

Besides coasters, what types of things do you like at parks? Are you open to getting their horrendous skip the line pass? Are you a credit whore or are you okay with missing a few things? Are you staying on property? Do you want to do the waterpark? Are you staying all day? Do you like zoos? Do you prefer regular loopers or Sooper dooper loopers?

Without anything to really go on, my generic advice for this park is

1) They have a preview plan so you can get in 2 1/2 hours before park close using your admission ticket for the following day.

2) Don't ride Laff Trakk unless you have a skip the line pass, sweet start or are a total credit whore. It will have a 90+ minute wait all day every day in the summer. It's a good ride, but it's not that good.

3) Zoo America is a great small zoo and is free with admission. It's connected to the park via a bridge near the S&S towers.

4) Ride Coal Cracker. You barely get wet on it but it's great.

5) Ride Fahrenheit and Storm Runner early.

6) They have a skip the line pass but it's terrible. You can't sit in the front or back on most coasters and it's one use per ride. It's good on every coaster except for Trailblazer and it's good on one of the stupid S&S towers. The only benefit to this pass is that you can skip the unimaginably ridiculous line for Laff Trakk if you're a complete whore.

7) Go to Knoebels instead.

^ Depending when it opens and you visit, the new water coaster could have a very long line too. If that interests you, that's another ride to prioritize specifically in the morning.

If it's anything like the rest of the waterpark, it will have long lines all day every day no matter what. This past summer I experienced an hour and a half wait for the lazy river, and observed hour-waits for the one tube-slide complex and the f*cking wave pool. Yes, the wave pool here has a queue line set up. Ridiculous.

As a local, I recommend going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday . When you enter the park, head for Laff Track and Fahrenheit as those coasters are low capacity. If you want to do the Boardwalk, do that after you do Fahrenheit and Laff Track. Skyrush and Great Bear are best saved for after 1:30 pm as the crowds will have moved to the Boardwalk.

I don't think I will make it to these days as you recommend but thank you for the advice you gave me.

I'm assuming you want to hit all the coasters already, so my recommendation is to hit Hershey's Chocolate World at some point. It's a great option in the mid afternoon when the sun is at its peak and along with the crowds.

The Comet is another ride to save for later in the day. Like SkyRush, it will have it's worst wait after opening. Make sure to ride the Comet in the back.

I am not really interested in water parks, but my family will be. I will definitely do Hershey's Chocolate World, along with riding Comet in the back. Thank you for the advice.

You're not really giving us much to go on.

Besides coasters, what types of things do you like at parks? Are you open to getting their horrendous skip the line pass? Are you a credit whore or are you okay with missing a few things? Are you staying on property? Do you want to do the waterpark? Are you staying all day? Do you like zoos? Do you prefer regular loopers or Sooper dooper loopers?

Without anything to really go on, my generic advice for this park is

1) They have a preview plan so you can get in 2 1/2 hours before park close using your admission ticket for the following day.

2) Don't ride Laff Trakk unless you have a skip the line pass, sweet start or are a total credit whore. It will have a 90+ minute wait all day every day in the summer. It's a good ride, but it's not that good.

3) Zoo America is a great small zoo and is free with admission. It's connected to the park via a bridge near the S&S towers.

4) Ride Coal Cracker. You barely get wet on it but it's great.

5) Ride Fahrenheit and Storm Runner early.

6) They have a skip the line pass but it's terrible. You can't sit in the front or back on most coasters and it's one use per ride. It's good on every coaster except for Trailblazer and it's good on one of the stupid S&S towers. The only benefit to this pass is that you can skip the unimaginably ridiculous line for Laff Trakk if you're a complete whore.

7) Go to Knoebels instead.

I would like to experience the whole town of Hershey besides Hersheypark. I don't mind missing a few things. I like the park for experience and I would like to try their food. I am planning on staying from open to close. Possibly, I would visit a zoo. I never rode a Sooper dooper loopers before so this is my first-time experience. I really don't get a fast pass unless it's needed. I would visit Knoebels one day as it is part of my personal list. Thanks for the advice.

I would like to experience the whole town of Hershey besides Hersheypark. I don't mind missing a few things. I like the park for experience and I would like to try their food. I am planning on staying from open to close. Possibly, I would visit a zoo. I never rode a Sooper dooper loopers before so this is my first-time experience. I really don't get a fast pass unless it's needed. I would visit Knoebels one day as it is part of my personal list. Thanks for the advice.

Cool, so just skip Laff Trakk.

Fast Track might be needed depending on how much you want to do. Hershey is ALWAYS busy in the summer. If you're trying to avoid Fast Track I'd suggest heading right to the back of the park at park open. Most people will start in the front and work their way back, do the opposite of that. Hit Fahrenheit FIRST, then Storm Runner, then you can hit Wildcat, Wild Mouse, Sidewinder, Lightning Racer and whatever you want in the back before working your way forward. Wildcat, Wild Mouse and Sidewinder are all skippable but they won't have lines at that point so you might as well ride them. Lightning Racer is not skippable but it will pretty much NEVER have a line so you can ride that whenever you want. I'd suggest going to Zoo America in the middle of the day since everything else will be slammed anyway.

I never rode a Sooper dooper loopers before so this is my first-time experience.

Oh. Well if you've only ridden non sooper loopers and marginally sooper loopers then this sh*t will blow your f*cking mind right in front of your face.

Do you know what day you'll be going? I had really good luck this past year on a Sunday evening and was able to hit every coaster, including Laff Trak when the queue was only 30 minutes. Granted everything else may have been a complete walk-on but that just puts that ride's capacity further into perspective.

I would like to experience the whole town of Hershey

I mean, besides the park/Chocolate World/Hershey complex is there all that much cool stuff to do in Hershey? I would suggest you go to Troegs Brewery but I noticed you're underage. If you're with adults and want to get food outside the park, I recommend it, and its only 5 minutes away. You can do a cool brewery tour. There is an outlet mall if you're interested in shopping? There are bus tours around Hershey but they don't even make the chocolate in Hershey anymore. Just do the Chocolate World tour. Much more interesting things can be found in Harrisburg or Lancaster.

I don't mind missing a few things. I like the park for experience and I would like to try their food.

Other than the sweets, Hershey is not known for its food. It's like any other park (chicken tenders, fries etc), though they do have a Chickies & Petes, a Chik-Fil-A (closed Sundays of course), and the BBQ place under Storm Runner is apparently good, but I don't know from experience. But the park does have every kind of ridiculous dessert you can imagine, as well as ones you would never have imagined.

I really don't get a fast pass unless it's needed.

If you are going during the summer - especially a nice weekend day - budget for Fast Track even though it sucks (its $60 for one skip on each coaster), or else you'll stand in line all day, and that's not how you want to experience this park. If it turns out its not busy and you don't need it you have an extra $60 to spend on chocolate.

It's a great park, my favorite in fact. Definitely hit Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk first since they are low capacity and get long, slow moving lines. All of the coasters in this park are good-to-great, with only Sidewinder and Wildcat skippable but neither are bad. Otherwise I agree with most of what Coasterbill and Canobie Coaster suggested, especially this:

Oh. Well if you've only ridden non sooper loopers and marginally sooper loopers then this sh*t will blow your f*cking mind right in front of your face.

Do you know what day you'll be going? I had really good luck this past year on a Sunday evening and was able to hit every coaster, including Laff Trak when the queue was only 30 minutes. Granted everything else may have been a complete walk-on but that just puts that ride's capacity further into perspective.

So far I will be planning on going on a Friday night and all day Saturday.

I would like to experience the whole town of Hershey

I mean, besides the park/Chocolate World/Hershey complex is there all that much cool stuff to do in Hershey? I would suggest you go to Troegs Brewery but I noticed you're underage. If you're with adults and want to get food outside the park, I recommend it, and its only 5 minutes away. You can do a cool brewery tour. There is an outlet mall if you're interested in shopping? There are bus tours around Hershey but they don't even make the chocolate in Hershey anymore. Just do the Chocolate World tour. Much more interesting things can be found in Harrisburg or Lancaster.

I don't mind missing a few things. I like the park for experience and I would like to try their food.

Other than the sweets, Hershey is not known for its food. It's like any other park (chicken tenders, fries etc), though they do have a Chickies & Petes, a Chik-Fil-A (closed Sundays of course), and the BBQ place under Storm Runner is apparently good, but I don't know from experience. But the park does have every kind of ridiculous dessert you can imagine, as well as ones you would never have imagined.

I really don't get a fast pass unless it's needed.

If you are going during the summer - especially a nice weekend day - budget for Fast Track even though it sucks (its $60 for one skip on each coaster), or else you'll stand in line all day, and that's not how you want to experience this park. If it turns out its not busy and you don't need it you have an extra $60 to spend on chocolate.

It's a great park, my favorite in fact. Definitely hit Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk first since they are low capacity and get long, slow moving lines. All of the coasters in this park are good-to-great, with only Sidewinder and Wildcat skippable but neither are bad. Otherwise I agree with most of what Coasterbill and Canobie Coaster suggested, especially this:

Oh okay. I will be definitely trying the desserts out. Thank you all for the advice all of you gave me. It really helped me to plan out the trip better.

Best - advice - ever.