Photo TR: Boldikus' Annual Hersheypark Spectacular!

Blue Skies & Long Lines @ Hersheypark In The Dark
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Photo TR: Boldikus' Annual Hersheypark Spectacular!

Postby boldikus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 am

Thanks guys!

^ I swear next trip report is going to be in an all blue tint just to appease you a**holes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philrad71 wrote: They have a great brewery just down the street in Troegs

Troegs is awesome. We stopped last year since we went on a Sunday and the park opened at noon, so we had brunch at Troges before we went over to the park. They're literally next to each other. Great brewery, would love to do the full tour next year. Don't know of the other place you mentioned. Three years ago we ate at a place called The Mill that we hated other than their food, which was awesome. But the staff and other patrons were awful lol.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:03 am

Awesome report! Like most people, I have a difficult time ranking coasters and keeping an ordered list, but I am still sure that Skyrush is my all-time favorite coaster, even after riding Fury, I305, El Toro, RMCs, Maverick, etc. Nothing comes close to the sheer intensity and fear-of-death experience than Skyrush. It's a masterpiece that America does not deserve.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:12 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Nothing comes close to the sheer intensity and fear-of-death experience than Skyrush. It's a masterpiece that America does not deserve.

Truer words were never spoken!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm

My first ride on Skyrush was in the back outside seat. I was absolutely blown away. I had just ended the previous night marathoning El Toro, so I thought I was prepared for anything. The back left seat on Skyrush made El Toro feel like a mine train.

My rankings of 2-10 are a tossup between multiple RMC's, other Intamin's and a few other coasters like Phantom's Revenge or Kumba. But I know for sure Skyrush is #1.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Great report of course! Glad you got to ride Fahrenheit. It's really great, though I am surprised I rode it more times in one day than you have ever. Skyrush is absolutely incredible, one of the best coasters anywhere at any time. These days I rarely have that petrified feeling right before getting on a coaster, but Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, and Skyrush all do it. Pure adrenaline rush the whole way. Once is absolutely worth the trip, and I say that living 1,000 miles from it. Several rides on Skyrush makes it the trip of a lifetime.

Love all the Halloween stuff. Very cute and kid-friendly. Seems like the sort of thing Silver Dollar City would do if they ever actually did Halloween (unlikely). Hersheypark is so great, and I already miss it. If I lived as close to it as you do, I'd absolutely have season passes every year.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kaltenzahn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:10 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:My first ride on Skyrush was in the back outside seat. I was absolutely blown away. I had just ended the previous night marathoning El Toro, so I thought I was prepared for anything. The back left seat on Skyrush made El Toro feel like a mine train.

My rankings of 2-10 are a tossup between multiple RMC's, other Intamin's and a few other coasters like Phantom's Revenge or Kumba. But I know for sure Skyrush is #1.

Skyrush is IMHO the closest thing we have today to the Crystal Beach cyclone and its two twins. Most coasters can inspire fear in people who have never ridden one, but once you have hundreds of laps under your belt you start knowing what to expect when you get in line. This coaster on the other hand can legit terrify even the most jaded rider, and that is something that I will gladly drive 500 miles each way to experience.

I was one of the winners in Project 2012 and was lucky enough to score the outside left seat on the back row. As always, I raised my arms going over the crest and about halfway down the drop thought for a second I was thrown out of the train. It scared the living hell out of me for that moment, and the rest of the course had easily the most violent airtime I have ever experienced. I am a 230lb guy with pretty large thighs from weightlifting and on a few of those hills I thought the bar was going to snap my legs like twigs. I got back to the station and told my wife ( who was about to board because they were gracious enough to allow me to have her for the ceremony) that this was by far the scariest and best thrill ride I had ever experienced. She came off saying the same thing, and that it was almost too intense to be real.

I have ridden a few hundred coasters and consider I305, El Toro, and Skyrush to be my favorites due to the intensity and Skyrush is another level above the two other Intamins. I can't get enough of it and wish every major park would install something similar. One coaster that will make anyone soil themselves, hardcore rider or not. The fact that the rest of Hershey's lineup is excellent is the icing on the cake.

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:53 am

Thanks for the comments everyone!

robbalvey wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Nothing comes close to the sheer intensity and fear-of-death experience than Skyrush. It's a masterpiece that America does not deserve.

Truer words were never spoken!

:lol: :lol: Basically.

MrSum1_55 wrote:My first ride on Skyrush was in the back outside seat. I was absolutely blown away. I had just ended the previous night marathoning El Toro, so I thought I was prepared for anything. The back left seat on Skyrush made El Toro feel like a mine train.

I come off of it wondering if it is indeed my favorite but then remember how El Toro is a similar thrill but much more comfortable and also how I felt after each of my rides on Maverick, and how nothing can top that.

If you follow the link @ the beginning of the report of my first trip to Hershey 3 years ago, my first ride on Skyrush I hopped on anywhere and came off like "really good, but eh?" and then walked around to do the back left, hearing of how insane it was. Totally blew my brains out, and the ride became an instant favorite. Last year we did the front a bunch and I quickly came around to feel that the back is a bit too intense and I enjoy the coaster more the further up I am. The front of that thing is really the best - the airtime is a bit different and not as choppy, you can feel the push of the train instead of being violently yanked through each element in the back. I wish I would've wait a few extra minutes for the front this time around. Oh well.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Hersheypark is so great, and I already miss it. If I lived as close to it as you do, I'd absolutely have season passes every year.

At two hours its just a little too far away to bother with a season pass. The sh*tty fast track doesn't help. All I ever hear is how busy the place is all summer. When I win the lottery I'll retire to Hershey, PA. I'll work part time at Troegs and spend my evenings at the park lol. For now I'm content to make a trip up once a year in the fall, just have to remind myself to avoid Saturdays next year. I'd heard that even during HPITD the crowds were out in force on Saturdays, but now I've seen for myself. Its too great of a park to experience it when busy when I can simply go on a Friday/Sunday in October and have the run of the place. Already looking forward to next fall!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 am

boldikus wrote:I come off of it wondering if it is indeed my favorite but then remember how El Toro is a similar thrill but much more comfortable and also how I felt after each of my rides on Maverick, and how nothing can top that. Last year we did the front a bunch and I quickly came around to feel that the back is a bit too intense and I enjoy the coaster more the further up I am.

Totally agree. Usually I'm a backseat kinda person but there are a few rides I prefer towards the front and Skyrush is one of them. Yes it's an absolutely amazing ride and it reminds me of Lightning Rod in that in order to enjoy it without really being thrown around like a rag doll, you kind of need to learn the layout and may have to sit in the first half of the train. That's totally OK of course so I do just that and have a great time. My favorite rides are ones with comfy seats and that I can hop on again and again without needing a break (or ice - LR's seatbelt left some nice bruises on my left thigh this summer from all those overbanks which was a new one!)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 pm

boldikus wrote:Thanks for the comments everyone!

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Hersheypark is so great, and I already miss it. If I lived as close to it as you do, I'd absolutely have season passes every year.

At two hours its just a little too far away to bother with a season pass. The sh*tty fast track doesn't help. All I ever hear is how busy the place is all summer. When I win the lottery I'll retire to Hershey, PA. I'll work part time at Troegs and spend my evenings at the park lol. For now I'm content to make a trip up once a year in the fall, just have to remind myself to avoid Saturdays next year. I'd heard that even during HPITD the crowds were out in force on Saturdays, but now I've seen for myself. Its too great of a park to experience it when busy when I can simply go on a Friday/Sunday in October and have the run of the place. Already looking forward to next fall!

Yeah, well, considering we have SDC passes every year considering the, er, okay, fastpass system, and the proximity, yeah, we really would.

What is Troeg's? Did I miss something really cool in PA?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Yes, you totally did.

http://www.troegs.com/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!