Photo TR: Boldikus' Annual Hersheypark Spectacular!

Blue Skies & Long Lines @ Hersheypark In The Dark
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Photo TR: Boldikus' Annual Hersheypark Spectacular!

Postby Thexmashooker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 am

boldikus wrote:
^^ My mother would have forced me onto the ride at that point (lol), then again at 10 years old I wouldn't have hesitated!

Oh I thought about it! We have only been going to amusement parks since labor day weekend. My son is scared of everything. He would only get on woodies before this trip though El Toro scared the cap out of him lol. He loved SDL and I'm embarrassed to say Sidewinder was his favorite....I'm working on him ;) He even loved Wildcat.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:11 am

Great report!

I'm always so jealous when I see reports of great days at Hershey; the last several times there have been absolutely insane crowds and hot weather that made it absolutely miserable; last time I was there I only got on four coasters all day long, two hour waits for each. I don't know why it's the one park that I have such consistent bad luck with. It's such a beautiful park, packed with great rides, and I really want to love it. I'll be giving it another shot next August, anyway, and will be able to get there on a weekday, so... *crossed fingers*

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:15 am

Apparently there is a week in late August when the park is still open daily but most of the area schools have gone back. I don't know exactly when that is but you should look into it. I've heard mumbling about that week in numerous places. I'd imagine its the last week before Labor Day.

I really wish this park would update their skip-the-line system. Why on earth would I pay $60 to skip the line only once on each coaster when at a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park you can pay a little bit more and have unlimited use of the thing all day? Its seriously the only thing I absolutely hate about this park.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:24 am

Yep, that's the plan. I'm waiting to see if I can get one of the Knoebels cottages that week and hit a bunch of central-ish PA places then. I just have to hope I can get the cottage I want that week once they open up.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Ape » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm

report was mediocre. There just wasn't enough beer drinking, log flume riding, or injuries for my enjoyment. Perhaps next to go back to KD and ride Grizzly for my entertainment. Thank you.

Only joking of course, i need to get to Hershey

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:03 pm

boldikus wrote:Apparently there is a week in late August when the park is still open daily but most of the area schools have gone back. I don't know exactly when that is but you should look into it. I've heard mumbling about that week in numerous places. I'd imagine its the last week before Labor Day.

I really wish this park would update their skip-the-line system. Why on earth would I pay $60 to skip the line only once on each coaster when at a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park you can pay a little bit more and have unlimited use of the thing all day? Its seriously the only thing I absolutely hate about this park.

Hershey area schools started Mon Aug 28 this year and the park was indeed dead. It was a gorgeous day and I was there for the Matchbox Twenty concert that evening.

I wholeheartedly agree about their crappy skip the line system. The other asinine part is that you have to ride the rides in a certain order, so when you buy it you have to choose what ride to start with and then you must proceed in whatever the specified ride order is. You are also not allowed to substitute rides ("So I can't trade Fahrenheit for an extra ride on StormRunner?" "No.") and there is no option to pay for a single extra skip the line pass like you can at Kennywood for certain rides. Get with it Hershey - I'm trying to give you my money!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 pm

boldikus wrote:When I said that just one lap on Skyrush was worth the trip I am being 100% serious. That ride gives me a natural high. It's like nothing else I've ridden. True fear of death stuff.

:nina: :nina:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:04 am

Ape wrote:report was mediocre. There just wasn't enough beer drinking, log flume riding, or injuries for my enjoyment. Perhaps next to go back to KD and ride Grizzly for my entertainment. Thank you.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lol:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Great report with some fantastic photos, Boldikus!

I agree with you and others that it is really one of the most complete parks out there.

With that said, I really need to get back to Hershey! They have a great brewery just down the street in Troegs and another great restaurant called Arooga's not too far away. Any restaurant that has a wing flavor called Coal Cracker has to be good, right? ;)

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Just got around to reading this. Great report! Great photos! (but where is the blue filter!? -- sorry I'm going to bring it up every time :-p)

While I agree they have the worst FastLane system, it does help that you are allowed to ride the rides in any order AFTER the designated time. So you spend some time in the zoo, the water park, get food, ride the Flume, whatever, and then go on a bunch of rides back to back without waiting for your stupid time. It says right on the card you are allowed to go on a ride after the designated times, just not before. It's still stupid, and you can't pick your seats, but worth noting. It was needed a few years ago when I went for sure. Compared to every other system it definitely is the worst.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!