TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Suzuka Circuit Announces Duel GP.

I think it looks really fun, but it also looks like it's too difficult to keep the vehicles under control without them spinning out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps saying how great it is for little kids...keep in mind it has a 48" height requirement!!!! That's the same as Millennium Force.

Now when you put it in that perspective it's even more... saddening... insane... crazy?? Yeah, I don't know the right word. But it's crazy to know this has the same height requirement as MF.

I'm trying to think more positively today...how about this...what if this is a prototype for the Mario Kart ride at Universal? I can't be the only one who sees the karts spin out and think about that they must have just hit a banana peel right!?!? Maybe like a four across version, that goes a lot faster, and has theming...

I'm trying here!!!

Try as you might, you know as well as all of us that Mario Kart is going to be the Spidey/Transformers tech. Maybe Gringott's.

^ I'm willing to believe, that if the speed was just 'upped' to maybe 3 more mph.... this could end up being quite the thrill "race", lol.

And "hitting banana peels" works fine for me, Elissa. I can imagine it. Only FASTERRRRRRRRR! With scarier spin outs.

And to add to the possibility of it Mario-style....the load/unload station would have two load/unloads, opposite each other, with a

"through way" going straight through the station and therefore, back into the circuit. Each pair of vehicles gets "three laps." It's all

computerized with ride ops handling the guests getting in and out of the cars. Then, they're either guided back into the station,

or yielded onto the main track. And if it's faster, the length and elements of the track have to be upped, considering a higher speed? etc.

Like a Real Race Event! Honestly, this could a first prototype, like Oblivion was at Alton Towers, for Dive Coasters.

• 3 weeks later...

It does look good for kids, but as Elissa pointed out, it has a 48" height requirement so it just looks like a boring ride for adults. However, I do like Elissa's idea about mario kart. Speed it up, increase capacity, and throw a Mario theme on it, it could be pretty fun!