Photo TR: Romon U-Park (October 4, 2017)

Intamin Lovers Beware
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Re: Photo TR: Romon U-Park (October 4, 2017)

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:28 pm

The park feels very much like it was copied from Lotte World. It even has a monorail running from the inside to the outside and both outdoors sections at the parks are on an island. Given the fact that China likes to copy things, it would not surprise me if they did make a visit to Lotte World. The now closed Suzhou Amusement Park had buildings that seemed to copy Everland and even used Everland's characters.

I swear, from the above, that critical thinking and engineering in China is taught with a Xerox machine...

Do you live in the same Korea where a bunch of adults left 300 children to go down with a sinking ship?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm

We make a part for a company that would love to outsource it to China, every year and a half they think they have found a vendor in China that can undercut us. Without fail, 6 months later they are calling us in a bind because they either can't get the parts or are of so low quality they are useless. Every time it happens we up the price when they could have just kept the previous pricing by staying loyal. What they don't understand is that their print calls for a couple of things that you just can't do with off the shelf tooling. We have had to modify certain tooling to do what their print calls for. We haven't told them that and the Chinese can't figure out what we are doing. We have made it a point to keep this stuff old school and off any computer due to hacking concerns. If this was any other place trying to lure this product away from us, they would have figured it out because it has happened before. They just go real slow to make the run that undercuts us and then can't keep up when the actual volume orders come in. I can't describe the pleasure we get slapping that shipping label on to send them to China.

We do modify parts from China made parts and we have found a couple of broken English notes left in the crates for us. They aren't so friendly but it's been two years since the last.

The funniest story is a company that was having a plastic injection mold product made over there and soon after something identical popped up on Alibaba. They actually ordered some and it was their products with their markings from the factory that was making their products only in different packaging.
Last edited by ElvisLuv on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 am.

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Your post sums up Chinese business practices perfectly. Why buy Puma when you can buy Tuna(clothing brand here in China)? Why eat at Pizza Hut when you can eat at Pizza House? Intamin, B&M and other companies should be aware.

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 am

The Angry Darren Mullins wrote:Your post sums up Chinese business practices perfectly. Why buy Puma when you can buy Tuna(clothing brand here in China)? Why eat at Pizza Hut when you can eat at Pizza House? Intamin, B&M and other companies should be aware.

They have zero shame, Here is a half ford 150 and half chevy avalanche knock off.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LI8RQbUKtj4/Ty1g9iX-RZI/AAAAAAAGoZ0/wrjvrayQo6M/s800/JAC-Ford-F-150-01.jpg

That one of a many examples, the latest one I saw was a Land Rover parody.

On a sidenote, it's not much different in the States these days with two of the Volcano Bay drop boxes down to 200 lbs weigh capacity and they do weigh you. But, that's likely due to design flaws.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:31 am

The weight limits at Volcano Bay and Romon U-Park basically bar anyone that's over 6' tall to ride the affected rides
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Trip reports like these do make me nervous. I am going to Beijing/Shanghai next may. Aside from obviously going to Disneyland, I do want to check out some of the Happy Valley parks in each metro area. I have heard mixed reviews about these parks, so should I worry about any differences I may not think about? (Other than general bad operations and weird ride opening times).

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:Trip reports like these do make me nervous. I am going to Beijing/Shanghai next may. Aside from obviously going to Disneyland, I do want to check out some of the Happy Valley parks in each metro area. I have heard mixed reviews about these parks, so should I worry about any differences I may not think about? (Other than general bad operations and weird ride opening times).

I plan on going to China around 2021, It was going to go Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Yangtze cruise, Shanghai. The hotel issues shouldn't crop up at those places and I plan of using a service to help with the use of the high speed train system. There seemed to bany Wanda parks due to be open by then along with Chimelong parks to hit up while doing that circle. I didn't know about issues for foreigners at Wanda parks, but it may save me some money.

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Here is some info for those going to China:

Weight Limt at Romon U Park:

The weight limit on Euro Express is not to keep anyone from over 6 feet tall from riding as the height limit is 195 cm (see the photo I posted earlier).

Hotels:

Hotels that will not accept foreigners can be found in every major city-including Beijing and Shanghai. Trust me on this one.

List of Parks With Stupid Weight/Height Polices:

Chuanlord Holiday Manor (Shunde, Foshan, Guangdong): You not allowed to ride the Skyloop or Loopscrew here if you are more than 90kg. The kiddie coasters are available for your enjoyment.

Huagudeng Carnival (Bengbu, Anhui): There is a 186 cm height limit for the SLC. I am at 185 cm and they questioned me about this. I got to ride though, but beware.

Tin Yat Park (Yuncheng, Shanxi): Again, there is a 186 cm height limit. At 185 cm tall, I got denied this credit.

Hefei Wanda Park (Hefei, Anhui): There is an 80/90 kg weight limit for the tilt coasters and there may be a 90 kg weight limit for the Intamin, but hey...you can enjoy the Wacky Worm knockoff until you are blue in the face.

Romon U-Park (Ningbo, Zhejiang): 80 kg weight limit on Euro Express

Century Park (Zhengzhou, Henan): 90 kg weight limit on most rides

Jin'e Park (Yueyang, Hunan): 60 kg weight limit on the alpine coaster (not slide), although after much b----ing, they let me ride

Beijing Shijingshan (Beijing): The restraints on the SLC are so well-padded that most westerners of average height can't be strapped in and therefore are not allowed to ride

Lewa Adventure (near Xi'an, Shaanxi): If you are taller than 5 feet, 7 inches, you will be denied the loopscrew, although Flash may be enough to get you to pay the admission.

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:15 am

Some other negative stuff about this place from my visit(I tried posting this earlier):

The website said they were open until 8pm. All of the rides and everything else had a 7:30pm closing time AND many of them stopped at 7:20 the night I visited.

The rides on the island, including Dragon Legend were all scheduled to close at 7:30pm, but at 7:00, the whole island was closed off for some type of show. I waited around until about 7:04 and the show had not started, so I went inside to TRY to enjoy what time remained.

I am sorry for those I offended with my initial comments, but the misleading information at the gate about Euro Express and what I mentioned above is not how you run a business. Well....you can run your business that way, but remember...people have other alternatives.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!