TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Romon U-Park (October 4, 2017)

I have just now uploaded a photo of what the healthy weight should be of a person who is 195 cm tall. This height is still good to ride Euro Express (according to info on the park map and the sign outside by the ticket booths). The ideal healthy weight of a person who is 195 cm is 184 lbs. 184 lbs=83.4 kg. This clashes with the 80 kg weight limit.

As I have already said, I want to see some Chinese parks win industry awards, but it is not going to happen under circumstances like this. Only Chimelong stands a chance.

As for most parks only having a spinning coaster or powered dragon here, I am fine with this. It is all many people can afford. Even children from poor families deserve to know the joy of an amusement park.

970332213_Healthyweight.jpg.19f7420a46d228a7081dfbe38161a716.jpg

The healthy weight of a person who is 195 cm tall is roughly 83.5 kg. The weight requirement and height requirement of Euro Express clashes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation alert. Proceed with caution.

In regards to the coaster itself, the weight limit might have something to do with that top hat, and how it appears to be only a few (less than ten, maybe) feet shorter than the lift. Usual "I'm no engineer" disclaimer but I'm picturing a Windjammer Surf Racers type situation where any conditions that are "less than ideal" would cause the train to valley between the first drop / top hat or stop on the top hat's crest.

Maybe Intamin designed the coaster based on the park's own requests - mainly, that the coaster fit inside the "shorter" part of the building, and that it go over top of the Tower Bridge model, and that Intamin themselves specified the weight limit so that the coaster could operate without a problem. Now, the fact that the weight limit doesn't seem to be properly communicated by the park is another issue entirely.

OK guys, I've now had to remove even more posts because continuing to make obnoxious posts about Darren's initial comments doesn't actually help anything. That being said, going off his most recent information posted he DOES have a valid point. Not having your ride restrictions made available is, IMO, also "not cool." And I would be equally as frustrated if we brought a group of people to a park where we checked ride restrictions outside the park and made a decision to enter based on those restrictions, and then found out later after paying that the group couldn't ride and there were no refunds.

I think that is more the issue Darren is trying to make here, and I have also had similar frustrations in our China travels.

For those if you who want to continue making obnoxious comments about anything else, I think you need to move on. We have many other threads here on TPR that you should focus on instead.

Many thanks Robb. That was the point I was trying to make earlier. I was basically told at the gate (before paying the admission fee) that I could ride. After paying, I was told I couldn't ride. This is very poor business practice from a park in a country where everyone wants to own a business.

For those of you critical of remarks, I have an assignment for you:

1. Get on a plane

2. Go to China

3. Put up with finding a hotel that accepts foreigners (imagine if Robb brought a group of people here and they paid for the motel in advance and then, upon arrival, they were told they couldn't accept foreigners)

4. Deal with the stalking drivers who want to over charge you and tell you that there are no buses, trains or planes available. This happened to me at Shenzhen railway station when a driver told me there were no trains. I showed him my train ticket and he told me it was a fake. I bought it at a train station and knew better. Also, the Zhuhai ferry terminal has a bus stop across the street. A bus can pull in and pick up passengers and these idiot drivers will tell me that there are no buses from the terminal while I am watching passengers get on the bus. To top it off, they are standing a few feet away from the police who do nothing to stop this.

5. Deal with the fact that 88 common food products found on supermarket shelves across China are unsafe.

6. Try to say something positive about all of this.

No offense to my Chinese friends and family, but your country needs to step it up a bit.

I also think that many of you need to know what racism is. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. Racism is not calling out a country where stupid things are the rule rather than the exception. Chinese is also not a race. Asian is the race and Chinese is an ethnicity. Nowhere in my posts did I say anything against Asians. in fact, in regards to the Japanese, I think they are better than white people.

In regards to Intamin. I did get an email saying that it "was up to the park". This indicates that this is a park decision.

I have been turned away from two loopscrews and an Intamin in 2017 and I have been allowed to ride many kiddie/family coasters here. How backwards is that?

As a native English teacher here in Korea and also married to a native, I feel your pain on a few points where I've seen the same/similar. This interior of the park and the castle with the tower framing it looks so much like someone went to Lotte World and said build me one of those.

The park feels very much like it was copied from Lotte World. It even has a monorail running from the inside to the outside and both outdoors sections at the parks are on an island. Given the fact that China likes to copy things, it would not surprise me if they did make a visit to Lotte World. The now closed Suzhou Amusement Park had buildings that seemed to copy Everland and even used Everland's characters.

I swear, from the above, that critical thinking and engineering in China is taught with a Xerox machine...

Do you live in the same Korea where a bunch of adults left 300 children to go down with a sinking ship?

We make a part for a company that would love to outsource it to China, every year and a half they think they have found a vendor in China that can undercut us. Without fail, 6 months later they are calling us in a bind because they either can't get the parts or are of so low quality they are useless. Every time it happens we up the price when they could have just kept the previous pricing by staying loyal. What they don't understand is that their print calls for a couple of things that you just can't do with off the shelf tooling. We have had to modify certain tooling to do what their print calls for. We haven't told them that and the Chinese can't figure out what we are doing. We have made it a point to keep this stuff old school and off any computer due to hacking concerns. If this was any other place trying to lure this product away from us, they would have figured it out because it has happened before. They just go real slow to make the run that undercuts us and then can't keep up when the actual volume orders come in. I can't describe the pleasure we get slapping that shipping label on to send them to China.

We do modify parts from China made parts and we have found a couple of broken English notes left in the crates for us. They aren't so friendly but it's been two years since the last.

The funniest story is a company that was having a plastic injection mold product made over there and soon after something identical popped up on Alibaba. They actually ordered some and it was their products with their markings from the factory that was making their products only in different packaging.

Edited by ElvisLuv

Your post sums up Chinese business practices perfectly. Why buy Puma when you can buy Tuna(clothing brand here in China)? Why eat at Pizza Hut when you can eat at Pizza House? Intamin, B&M and other companies should be aware.

They have zero shame, Here is a half ford 150 and half chevy avalanche knock off.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LI8RQbUKtj4/Ty1g9iX-RZI/AAAAAAAGoZ0/wrjvrayQo6M/s800/JAC-Ford-F-150-01.jpg

That one of a many examples, the latest one I saw was a Land Rover parody.

On a sidenote, it's not much different in the States these days with two of the Volcano Bay drop boxes down to 200 lbs weigh capacity and they do weigh you. But, that's likely due to design flaws.

Trip reports like these do make me nervous. I am going to Beijing/Shanghai next may. Aside from obviously going to Disneyland, I do want to check out some of the Happy Valley parks in each metro area. I have heard mixed reviews about these parks, so should I worry about any differences I may not think about? (Other than general bad operations and weird ride opening times).

Trip reports like these do make me nervous. I am going to Beijing/Shanghai next may. Aside from obviously going to Disneyland, I do want to check out some of the Happy Valley parks in each metro area. I have heard mixed reviews about these parks, so should I worry about any differences I may not think about? (Other than general bad operations and weird ride opening times).

I plan on going to China around 2021, It was going to go Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Yangtze cruise, Shanghai. The hotel issues shouldn't crop up at those places and I plan of using a service to help with the use of the high speed train system. There seemed to bany Wanda parks due to be open by then along with Chimelong parks to hit up while doing that circle. I didn't know about issues for foreigners at Wanda parks, but it may save me some money.

Here is some info for those going to China:

Weight Limt at Romon U Park:

The weight limit on Euro Express is not to keep anyone from over 6 feet tall from riding as the height limit is 195 cm (see the photo I posted earlier).

Hotels:

Hotels that will not accept foreigners can be found in every major city-including Beijing and Shanghai. Trust me on this one.

List of Parks With Stupid Weight/Height Polices:

Chuanlord Holiday Manor (Shunde, Foshan, Guangdong): You not allowed to ride the Skyloop or Loopscrew here if you are more than 90kg. The kiddie coasters are available for your enjoyment.

Huagudeng Carnival (Bengbu, Anhui): There is a 186 cm height limit for the SLC. I am at 185 cm and they questioned me about this. I got to ride though, but beware.

Tin Yat Park (Yuncheng, Shanxi): Again, there is a 186 cm height limit. At 185 cm tall, I got denied this credit.

Hefei Wanda Park (Hefei, Anhui): There is an 80/90 kg weight limit for the tilt coasters and there may be a 90 kg weight limit for the Intamin, but hey...you can enjoy the Wacky Worm knockoff until you are blue in the face.

Romon U-Park (Ningbo, Zhejiang): 80 kg weight limit on Euro Express

Century Park (Zhengzhou, Henan): 90 kg weight limit on most rides

Jin'e Park (Yueyang, Hunan): 60 kg weight limit on the alpine coaster (not slide), although after much b----ing, they let me ride

Beijing Shijingshan (Beijing): The restraints on the SLC are so well-padded that most westerners of average height can't be strapped in and therefore are not allowed to ride

Lewa Adventure (near Xi'an, Shaanxi): If you are taller than 5 feet, 7 inches, you will be denied the loopscrew, although Flash may be enough to get you to pay the admission.

Some other negative stuff about this place from my visit(I tried posting this earlier):

The website said they were open until 8pm. All of the rides and everything else had a 7:30pm closing time AND many of them stopped at 7:20 the night I visited.

The rides on the island, including Dragon Legend were all scheduled to close at 7:30pm, but at 7:00, the whole island was closed off for some type of show. I waited around until about 7:04 and the show had not started, so I went inside to TRY to enjoy what time remained.

I am sorry for those I offended with my initial comments, but the misleading information at the gate about Euro Express and what I mentioned above is not how you run a business. Well....you can run your business that way, but remember...people have other alternatives.

• 2 months later...