Robb & Elissa's Oktoberfest 2017 Trip!

Spending time at our favorite Germany parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa's Oktoberfest 2017 Trip!

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:49 pm

I've been to several big fairs in Germany, UK, Spain, France, etc over the years. While I have enjoyed each one of them, the only one I would really go out of my way to visit is Oktoberfest. Fairs in general just do not have that great of interest to me. The only caveat would be that if a major ride like Olympia Looping (Read mostly likely ONLY Olympia Looping) happened to be set up at a fair we happened to be near and it didn't impact something else we were doing.

I'm not a huge "flat ride" person and I can more than happily get my fill during Oktoberfest.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Do you know if the girl from the Devil's Wheel video has seen it yet?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shusui » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks for sharing this TR, I really enjoyed it !
Oktoberfest looks amazing!
Actually I don't like beer... but despite that I'm considering to visit it next year. :)

How did you guys like the Klugheim area and especially Taron in Phantasialand ?
It's my favourite coaster so I'm curious how you experienced it.
Did you rode it also in the evening during the hotel guest ERT ?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm

shusui wrote:Thanks for sharing this TR, I really enjoyed it !

Oh the TR hasn't even really started yet! Lots more photos to share!

shusui wrote:How did you guys like the Klugheim area and especially Taron in Phantasialand ?

I enjoyed the area and Taron very much! The coaster might have been a *little* overhyped and while it's not my favorite at the park, we really REALLY enjoyed it and can't wait to go back and give it another ride! Winjas is still my personal favorite ride at Phantasialand.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:04 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm

That Devil's Wheel looks awesome . . . . I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the US . . . .

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Rob, I saw a few clips of your Devils Wheel video on a Network TV internet clip show while at the Dentist this morning. The hosts of the show were amazed at the girls escape tactics. I don't remember what the show was called, but it was the highlight of my trip to the Dentist. :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shusui » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 am

robbalvey wrote:I enjoyed the area and Taron very much! The coaster might have been a *little* overhyped and while it's not my favorite at the park, we really REALLY enjoyed it and can't wait to go back and give it another ride! Winjas is still my personal favorite ride at Phantasialand.

Please tell me you not only rode Taron in the morning but also in late afternoon / evening ?
It seems that it need some time to get warm and become faster. Later on the day it kicks much more A$$ than in the morning =)

I'm quite surprised that the Winja's are your personal favorite ride at the park!
For me Taron is my overall number one (wich means it beats Expedition Geforce, Karnan, Silverstar, Blue fire,...)
Personal top in Phantasialand is : Taron, Black mamba, Colorado adventure, Winja's, Temple of the nighthawk (long and relaxing ride ) and Raik in that order.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:27 pm

We rode it morning, noon, and night. Sorry, it just meandered a bit too much for me and others. Two spots of airtime on a coaster that long and impressive looking was disappointing. There were parts that made me nauseous, like seasick, from twisting back and forth.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:32 pm

I enjoyed it, but also thought the layout left a lot to be desired. I wish more of the twists were airtime hills. Winja's would be my number 1 as well, since it is just silly fun that you don't expect from a wild mouse.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby MrSum1_55 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 pm

That's what I would say about Taron. The coaster basically does everything right. The area is great, and the coaster does a fantastic job interacting with it. The ride is very long and twisted, to the point that I still cannot remember the entire layout by heart even after 10+ rides. However, the track layout is definitely not up to quality of some of the other coasters it gets compared to. Taron is certainly no Piraten, Expedition GeForce, or Maverick. I was a little disappointed by the layout, BUT I was still very satisfied by the experience as a whole. Flying through rapid turns, around fake rocks, and around pathways is surprisingly fun, which is what makes Taron a top ten in my opinion, even if the layout is not top ten material by itself.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!