Robb & Elissa's Oktoberfest 2017 Trip!

Spending time at our favorite Germany parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Robb & Elissa's Oktoberfest 2017 Trip!

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm disappointed that we missed Hollenblitz when we were there - that looks like a really fun and bizarre ride!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:08 pm

With the trio of coasters like Hollenblitz, Olympia Looping, and Drifting...this would be a perfect traveling group to ride. :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:With the trio of coasters like Hollenblitz, Olympia Looping, and Drifting...this would be a perfect traveling group to ride. :airtime:

Do not forget Alpina Bahn which is massive too. Come on out next year! Oktoberfest is amazing. Plus beer of course and silly music you can sing along with :b

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:43 pm

^ I agree about Alpina Bahn, too. Just let's skip "the Mouse," heh. :wink:

Postby alexinla » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm

I am not a big fan of mouse rides either. Does not appeal to me. Just give me a Taumler and I am happy all day long,lol..

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:53 pm

^a/k/a Tagada! :b :br And anything that translates to "Tumbler" is ok by me!

(Pardon the sidebar, here. And this would NEVER work in the USA.)
asia__12_-_days_18-20_-_chengdu_155.jpg
In a park in China. Pic from TPR ~ The 2012 China Tour. Crazy awesome flat ride! I/We rode it to "Call Me, Maybe?"..!

Postby alexinla » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:47 am

Taumler is cult, does not matter how you name it. That ride has been around for 40+ years, it will never get old.It is a ride where teenage guys meet there first girlfriend and vice versa. It is a staple and also fun to watch.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ReplicaOfLife » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:
alexinla wrote:
KarlaKoaster wrote:It will probably have 7 when it comes back to London this November :)

Has it been confirmed that Olympia Looping is coming back to London?

They haven't started promoting it yet, but it's definitely is coming.

Barth (showman that owns Olympia Looping) certainly won't say no... Winter Wonderland was the first time ever that it ran 7 car trains outside of the Oktoberfest, due to the incredible demand it got. For all other fairs in Germany, they use 5 car trains, even for the other really big ones in the Ruhr area, Hamburg and Stuttgart (though Olympia hasn't been to either of the last two in years, due to the increased transport costs. It used to be at 7-8 fairs a year, now it's down to 3-4).

Btw, Robb, have you ever been to the "Cannstatter Wasen" fair in Stuttgart? I'm asking because you propably passed right by Stuttgart on your way from Munich to Europa Park while it was on (today is its last day, actually). This years line-up includes Teststrecke (Schwartzkopf Double Looping, the former Laser from Dorney Park), a classic big Schwartzkopf Wildcat called Rock'n'Roller Coaster, a huge Spinning Coaster, and lots and lots of flatrides, including the insane KMG prototype "Infinity".

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 am

ReplicaOfLife wrote:Btw, Robb, have you ever been to the "Cannstatter Wasen" fair in Stuttgart? I'm asking because you propably passed right by Stuttgart on your way from Munich to Europa Park while it was on

Never been, but to be honest, hitting multiple fairs really isn't my thing. We hit Oktoberfest once every few years and that pretty much fills my personal quota for giant European fairs.

Postby alexinla » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Cannstatter Wasen is actually pretty nice and a little more relaxed vs Oktoberfest. But Oktoberfest tops it all of course. I understand that one can get tired of the fairs. I do Dippemess in my hometown Frankfurt in the Spring, Wäldchestag, which is a big fair/party in the forest in June(my favorite) and Oktoberfest and that it is for me. It is expensive too. Heck, you spent in one night double of what you would spent for a Six Flags Season Pass :mickey:
Edit: Just wanted to add that different fairs have also different vibes. It is a interesting culture. Last year I went to the "biggest" wine festival on earth and did not even know there was a fair, It was crazy fun and a little Oktoberfest like with the tents, yet completely different. I was amazed. I think it is worth to check up on some other fairs. If it sucks, there is always beer and good food,lol

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!