Where Are You Going in 2018?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Where Are You Going in 2018?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Definite:

WDW Florida
Universal Orlando ("might" give Volcano Bay a try if they have worked out the bugs by Feb 2018!!!!!)
Canada's Wonderland (Home park).

Maybe

Cedar Point. Will depend on family weddings back in the UK and their timings.

We have a couple of Disney cruises booked for 2018. Trying a Halloween Cruise on the Fantasy, which methinks will be quite good fun.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Dombot » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Married a Canadian wrote:Universal Orlando ("might" give Volcano Bay a try if they have worked out the bugs by Feb 2018!!!!!)

I say go for it. I was at the park last month (Tuesday the 15th, if it's all the same to you), and there was no hassle at all. Plus, the trapdoor slides are amazing. :cool:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Married a Canadian wrote:Definite:
Universal Orlando ("might" give Volcano Bay a try if they have worked out the bugs by Feb 2018!!!!!)

Depending on the weather you may be one of the few there so you should be good...lol
Seriously though, I've seen people go to the water parks in Orlando when it was 60 degrees. No thanks.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Taeshan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Since i now have six flags season passes I will definitely hit Great Adventure and America. I also live close to Hershey and haven't been since Skyrush was built so am looking to go back (school and gaining weight. I'm losing it and have friends who Iknow want to do stuff) and then we promised we'd go back to dorney after i had trouble getting on stuff a few months ago (the weight loss is a process) and we're hoping for that. Finally i really want to head back to Knoebels as there is a lot new there since the one time i went about 10 years ago and i was in my not riding the rides phase anyways so haven't been on anything there.
I'm a Robot.

Homepark: Hersheypark
Watch me on Youtube: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/Steam1414?feature=mhee[/youtube]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Married a Canadian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am

Depending on the weather you may be one of the few there so you should be good...lol
Seriously though, I've seen people go to the water parks in Orlando when it was 60 degrees. No thanks

Always love the temperature differentials......I come from Scotland, and now live in Canada, so my version of cold is a little bit different than Florida in February. 60 degrees is tropical....just perfect for this pasty Brit! We had a chuckle a couple of years ago when there was the big snowstorm that dumped on New York, Boston, Toronto et al.....you could hear all the North East accents telling the locals that "this isn't cold!!"

I'm more worried that Volcano Bay won't have figured out things like the Tapu Tapu. I'm "hopeful" because the online reviews surely must be drawing attention to Universal Brass that there are some "issues". We'll see.....I can only judge if we go as a family.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

I Love Donkeys!

Postby TwistyTie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 am

Definite:

SFOG (kinda home park)
BGT
KD

Maybe: SFDK, DW
Super Maybe: SFMM
Super Duper Maybe: KBF
TTD is better than Maverick (at least in the front seat :lover: )
Click to see the coasters I've ridden:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 am

Definitely Lake compounce, since it's my home park. Almost definitely Kennywood, with or without the new coaster, since I'll be in Pittsburgh anyway for a convention.

The big plan right now is to book one of those cottages at Knoebels for a week with some friends. From there, Hershey and Dorney are within daytrip distance, so most likely those too. A long weekend trip to Wildwood and Morey's Piers is more than likely, too.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:39 am

I don't have any solid plans

Definitely:
Moreys
Great Adv
SFOG

Likely:
Dorney
Kings Dominion
Busch Williamsburg

Hopefully:
Coney
Knoebels
SFNE
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Definite:
1. Six Flags America - home park, I go a lot
2. Six Flags Great Adventure. One of my favorite parks on the east coast
3. Kings Dominion - finally am getting a Cedar Fair season pass again after not having one for about 5 years
4. Dorney - love this park

In the works:
A California trip just for the two Cedar Fair parks and 2 Six Flags parks.

Maybes:
1. Knoebels - Haven't been in a couple seasons and the BF has never been so I think its time to show him what a gem hes been missing out on
2. Kings Island
3. Cedar Point
4. Carowinds - never been
5. The Great Escape
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:47 pm

(Post Deleted)
Last edited by Mike240SX on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:17 am.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 132
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!