Golden Ticket Awards 2017

Europa Park best park, El Toro & Fury 325 best coasters
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Golden Ticket Awards 2017

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Nothing should even come close to Epcot for best food.

Yeah, Dollywood and Knoebels are better than your average theme/amusement park food, but they cannot hold a candle to what Epcot has in World Showcase or offers during their food events.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Tokyo Disney Sea > Most Every Category.

But that's the problem. TDS isn't an amusement park.
None of the Disney Parks really are.
And do any Six Flags Parks call them self an amusement park?
Or Universal? Those are amusement parks, right? :wink:

It's the meaning of Amusement Park or Theme Park, here.

#UselessList
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 pm

robbalvey wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I wouldn't think it's any harder than explaining why Moonlight wasn't the best movie last year. Awards are opinions, when it comes down to it.

kenban wrote:I suspect the problem with the Golden Ticket Awards is actually one of demographics.

It's neither of those. People have to understand, and I've already explained it and I guess it's gone ignored, that the Golden Tickets are more about rewarding those two reward others. There's a lot of "patting each other on the back" that goes on with them. They are not a *REAL* legitimate poll and the results should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt.

I appreciate this. I guess I'm not really understanding the underlying politics of it all. I'm also not about to run out to a park merely because it won an award either, though, so ultimately these awards don't really affect me that much.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby millertpr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:46 pm

robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:Perhaps due to a slight bias toward coasters, Mystic Timbers handily beat Flight of Passage for best new ride.

I'll bet if you asked most of the people who voted in the Golden Tickets they wouldn't even know what Flight of Passage is. They probably would think it's some B&M Wing Rider at a Happy Valley park. We really need a new "Mitch Hawker" style poll so we don't have to rely on a "best of" list that is a complete fucking joke.

I rode both this summer and Mystic Timbers is a much better ride.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e622c94bcc03087feff94e4513e6f51e.jpg[/img][/url]

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Wasn't the coaster con jizz fest or whatever just at the San Antonio parks? No wonder all these awards for Fiesta Texas...

That right there should tell you all you need to know about all these rankings. Complete joke.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:52 pm

I think one of the best "Themed Parks" next to Disney Sea is Phantasialand, but guess they did not give enough money to warrant a award. They will survive. It was either buy an award or build the first launched flying coaster? I think they did it right,lol

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 am

I used to vote for these awards. One year, they didn't invite me, and I discovered I didn't really care.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby ElectricUncleSam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:39 am

People take these awards far too seriously. Whenever there's a major annual awards ceremony for... well, anything really, it's never a true representation of how die-hards and/or the general public feel. Take Oscars, Tonys, Grammys, Golden Globes, Emmys- they're all for entertainment value, not necessarily to try and be the say-all end-all on who's the best of the best. It's just something for winning parks and coasters to use in promotional material to sell their park and rides to more guests. And IMHO, there's nothing wrong with that. The awards are at least amusing, and they don't try to be something they're not.
Been Riding For: 4 Years
Coaster Count: 80 (63 steel, 20 wood) at 14 Parks (9 states, 1 country, 1 continent, 1 planet)
Steel: 1: 1: Skyrush 2: Millennium Force 3: Storm Chaser 4: Goliath 5: Maverick
Wood: 1: Outlaw Run 2: Voyage 3: Great American Scream Machine 4: Georgia Cyclone 5: Mystic Timbers
Add me on Coasterbuzz: MohawkWarrior

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 am

Am I the only one whose like
whogives.gif
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 am

robbalvey wrote:Again, here is just more examples of how it's such a joke...

BEST KIDS’ AREA:
Kings Island Mason, Ohio
Universal’s Islands of Adventure Orlando, Fla.
Efteling Kaatsheuvel, the Netherlands
Europa-Park Rust, Germany
Paultons Park Romsey, England

If you are going to list a major theme park like Universal's Islands of Adventure under "Best Kids Area" and I'm assuming they mean Seuss Landing, I'm sorry but where is Fantasyland at any Disney park? You honestly expect people to believe that Paultons Park's kids area deserves to be on the list but FANTASYLAND filled with such incredible kids classic attractions like It's a Small World and Peter Pan isn't?

Dear Amusement Today - The public isn't this dumb. Everyone reading your awards list can clearly see that it's not real. Obviously the only people you care about gaining respect from are other industry members who will pay you, contribute to your publication in some way, or pat you on the back. We understand that is important to you. But also understand that to everyone else reading... seriously, Amusement Today. Your awards are a joke.

What's really funny is that KI has won this award every year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!