TPR Live! Live Streams Around Parks

What are your thoughts?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

TPR Live! Live Streams Around Parks

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 pm

We've been doing live streams around parks for YEARS now but recently people have been wanting us to do them more and more and it's not something I've really given a lot of thought to. So here is one we did tonight. We would love to get your feedback...

Is this something that people like? Should we be doing more like this? We aren't really "vloggers" or "podcasters" and to be honest, it's not really something I'm that interested in, but we are happy to walk around the parks and answer questions and stuff.

Any other thoughts on this? Thanks everyone!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: TPR Live! Live Streams Around Parks

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 pm

my 2 cents is that I absolutely adore them, and watch them every time I stumble across y'all doing one.

It allows me to see places I've never been, or offers me reminders of places I have been.

I hope you keep doing them as I greatly enjoy them, even if the running commentary is about an inside joke, or nothing much to do with the surroundings. You're having fun? I'm having fun too.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:45 am

I like watching them for parks I've never been to since it helps mr get a feel for the park's atmosphere. Rcdb can tell me if the park has a worthwhile coaster, but a live stream can tell me if I'm walking into a charming park like Waldameer or a lifeless one like Clementon.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:49 am

I really enjoy watching youtube videos of park tours. Where they walk around the park and talk about its history or ride selection. Gives me a chance to see which parks I want to visit next
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:01 am

Live streams are really cool . . . . what about (if possible of course), a live stream POV on a coaster?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 am

Jason Maier wrote:Live streams are really cool . . . . what about (if possible of course), a live stream POV on a coaster?

Oh, we've done that a few times actually at WDW! The only issue with including a coaster on a live stream is if the line is long and then you're just live streaming boring stuff from the queue. But we have FastPasses or use the single rider line we've actually live streamed Expedition Everest, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, etc....

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 am

I'm indifferent toward live streams myself but hey, if you have the bandwidth and phone battery they're really engaging for the casual viewer. I know that a lot of people that really only engage with Theme Park Review's big social media channels enjoy them a lot.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Well we did another live stream tonight if anyone cares...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:08 am

I watched the playback on Facebook. At least I skimmed through it. Pretty cool to see lights on Space Mountain. I've liked these live streams lately as it's kind of a video podcast in a way.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 am

^Same here. I went to see It last night, and watched some of the live-stream replay later.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!